GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Z3X-Team Products

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2015, 19:00   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2371357
Thanks Meter: 0
Exclamation Samsung Galaxy Note 2/ N7100:“Reading phone info… error”

Hello,

I just got my a Z3X box with Samsung Tools - Tools Pro activated and 30 cables. I bought separately a UART Cable by "gps industries" GPG Clip UART cable"

I downloaded the latest version of software. I installed the drivers and everything is ALMOST OK: I mean that after installing the driver instead of Z3X com port I see "USB generic port".

PROBABLY everything works because I see all the details of the installed smart card and using this setup I was able to repair a Samsung E1205T using the cable Samj750 and did the job using the OLD Samsung tool 2G 3.5.0040, selecting the phone model E1200T and port speed 115200.

I couldn't make the job in the E1205T using more recent Samsung tools, included the Pro version 21.8. Is this normal?

-- THE PROBLEM -- GALAXY NOTE 2 / N7100 --
On the other end, I am UNABLE to connect my Galaxy Note 2 - N7100 using the Samsung tool Pro 21.8 and the Normal Tool 20.5.

I tried with UART Cable (vcc on and off) with setup 523k and 301k.

I tried also with the cable C3300K that came with the BOX, but again no communication... "Phone NOT found" or “Reading phone info… error”.

Please I need help in order to solve this problem. I have my Note 2 waiting to be repaired by the Z3X box and I am stick.

Thank you in advance for helping me out,

Regards.

Fabio
Old 07-22-2015, 20:06   #2 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 2368
Sonork: 100.111111
Thanks Meter: 186,558
Donate money to this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabiotek View Post
Hello,

I just got my a Z3X box with Samsung Tools - Tools Pro activated and 30 cables. I bought separately a UART Cable by "gps industries" GPG Clip UART cable"

I downloaded the latest version of software. I installed the drivers and everything is ALMOST OK: I mean that after installing the driver instead of Z3X com port I see "USB generic port".

PROBABLY everything works because I see all the details of the installed smart card and using this setup I was able to repair a Samsung E1205T using the cable Samj750 and did the job using the OLD Samsung tool 2G 3.5.0040, selecting the phone model E1200T and port speed 115200.

I couldn't make the job in the E1205T using more recent Samsung tools, included the Pro version 21.8. Is this normal?

-- THE PROBLEM -- GALAXY NOTE 2 / N7100 --
On the other end, I am UNABLE to connect my Galaxy Note 2 - N7100 using the Samsung tool Pro 21.8 and the Normal Tool 20.5.

I tried with UART Cable (vcc on and off) with setup 523k and 301k.

I tried also with the cable C3300K that came with the BOX, but again no communication... "Phone NOT found" or “Reading phone info… error”.

Please I need help in order to solve this problem. I have my Note 2 waiting to be repaired by the Z3X box and I am stick.

Thank you in advance for helping me out,

Regards.

Fabio
z3x can work easy only over usb cable which come with phone pack.
manual how to connect phone inside software.
Old 07-22-2015, 22:47   #3 (permalink)

Hello Blang,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, I connected already the Z3X Box to the PC using the USB cable that came with the box.... but as said no luck.

Can you please give me some ideas about what can be wrong? The box worked with the 2G software and a Samsung E1205T but no way so far with the Galaxy Note 2.

Should I use the GPG Clip UART cable (if yes 300k or 500k is OK?) or the cable C3300K? Is there a setting I have to do = in the Samsung Tool?

By the way, the Galaxy Note 2 is already ROOTED and USB debugging enabled.

Please help me.

Thank you!

Regards
Old 07-23-2015, 16:56   #4 (permalink)

Hello forum members

... can anybody help me giving the info I asked in my above post? Still cannot connect the Galaxy Note 2 to my PC using Z3X box!

Thank you very much!

Fabio
Old 07-23-2015, 17:18   #5 (permalink)

Hello Blang,

regarding the "manual how to connect the phone inside the software" you mean something like this??
=================
REPAIR INSTRUCTIONS:
Phone must be rooted!
If the software can't root the phone automatically,
then you must root your device manually.
1. Power on the phone.
2. Enable 'USB debugging' in 'Settings'-'Developer options' for Android 4.0 - 4.1.2 or
tap 7 times on 'Build number' in 'Settings'-'About phone' to enable 'Developer options' in Android 4.2+.
3. Connect the phone to PC with USB cable, install drivers if needed.
4. Fill values what you need to repair.
5. Press 'Repair' button.
6. Press 'Reset EFS' if you need to reset it.
Be carefully, do not perform this without necessity and make backup before.
7. Press 'Disable Factory Mode' or 'Patch Certificate' if needed
==============

Because this doesn't give the info I was looking for... I have 30 cables with the box and many have same connector.... what cable to use? what settings?

I tried a lot of things and nothing worked... so I need some details, please!

Please Z3X team HELP!!??

Thank you!
Old 07-23-2015, 20:07   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1670851
Thanks Meter: 267
use normal micro usb cable, phone should be plugged into computer, not z3x box.. u can olny plug phone into box when using Uart cable and asked by box software to do so...

enable usb debugging,plug phone and wait till computer detect the phone and install all drivers

and u r good to go,u may need to root phone also

regards.

ps.yes manual as u mentioned above, for each operation instructions may differ so read them carefully
The Following User Says Thank You to krisu0007 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2015, 16:22   #7 (permalink)

Thank you krisu0007; I appreciate your assistance. This helped a lot.