GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Z3X-Team Products (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f453/)
-   -   samsung Galaxy s4 R970 how to unlock (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f453/samsung-galaxy-s4-r970-how-unlock-1667843/)

sheraz_mobiles 06-03-2013 14:08

samsung Galaxy s4 R970 how to unlock

http://www.droidgator.com/wp-content...-Galaxy-S4.jpg

samsung galaxy s4 Model R970 how to unlock this

super boy24 06-20-2013 12:25

Hi me too i have this phone in hand is there any solution of unlocking it. it's android version is 4.2.2 and it doesn't ask for network lock but it says invalid simcard. Thanks in advance whoever has a crew.

wbr
super boy24

WBGSM 06-22-2013 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheraz_mobiles (Post 9473848)
http://www.droidgator.com/wp-content...-Galaxy-S4.jpg

samsung galaxy s4 Model R970 how to unlock this

Brother Do it by Z3X and no need to root the set just click on unlock

see this report

Selected model: I9505
Selected port: COM8 Z3X BOX Serial Port
Selected port speed: 115200
Reading phone info...
Build: M9615A-CEFWTAZM-4.0.17062
Done with Samsung Tool v.14.6

Selected model: I9505
Selected port: COM8 Z3X BOX Serial Port
Selected port speed: 115200
Reading phone info...
Build: M9615A-CEFWTAZM-4.0.17062
Reading security... OK
Calculating... OK
Writing security... OK
Reseting...
Unlock done
Done with Samsung Tool v.14.6

WBGSM 06-22-2013 08:38

u can see this thred also

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f453...-done-1664869/

sheraz_mobiles 06-22-2013 08:56

not working my phone model R970

Faheem Anjum 06-22-2013 09:17

its cdma phone locked to non-USCC SIM

super boy24 06-22-2013 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faheem Anjum (Post 9518485)
its cdma phone locked to non-USCC SIM

Yes it's CDMA,when you insert in a GSM card it says invalid sim card

wbr
super boy24

sheraz_mobiles 06-22-2013 15:51

no bro this is gsm phone not cdma

navi78601 07-30-2013 03:31

hi

I also have a same Galaxy s4 R970

Any solution to unlock this phone to work on gsm network???

OR is this possible that first flash s4 R970 bootloader with I9505 bootloader files and then flash i9505 firmware???

justwannahack 10-15-2014 22:58

us cellular sch-r970

Ok guys ive been looking through post after post all over the web for the past 24 hours....

the us cellular galaxy s4 is in fact CDMA and not GSM I repeat CDMA not GSM. I know you all believe that it is a GSM simply because it takes a Sim card but this is simply not the case.

now that we all know this information. the sch-r970 is completely different then the rest of the modles yes it has the same chipset and hardware (not 100% the same but close enough) us cellular uses LTE CDMA which means you will never have 4g data unless the other network providers convert to LTE.

now with this said I am not saying that you cannot use your phone on another network but but simply you will be limited to 3g (the extent of the hardware differences) tho I have not found the answer on how to unlock it yet but I know there is a way.

ive seen the tutorials on how to unlock the gsm galaxy s4's and gone through it I will list steps to do this even though it does not apply to this model (sch-r970) as this is again a CDMA not GSM, and us cellular has the codes disabled and was a bit tricky getting to the service menu but I found a way. now the steps im about to list are ways to enter the service menu

(ive tried these steps to no avail on the sch-r970 and these steps are leached so I cannot take credit for them aside from I did the research to find them for us cellular via the web)

US CELLULAR ONLY

first step is to bring up the dial pad and dial
do not press call/send a brief moment will pass and a window will pop up saying hidden message disabled.
press on the message and it will bring you to a new screen which is ask if you wish to enable hidden messages. click enable

(note: this will revert to disabled when phone is rebooted)

second step is to go back to the dial screen and dial
*#27663368378#
again do not press call/send your service mode menu. now I followed the tutorial for a gsm phone to unlock the sim which did not work. here are the steps for that

click on UMTS > DEBUG SCREEN > PHONE CONTROL > NETWORK LOCK > PERSO SHA256 OFF.

now do NOT click your phones back button but click the menu button instead and select back 3 times which will bring you back to the UMTS main menu

from there select COMMON (not COMMON 1) > NV REBUILD on that menu it should say on the second to last line "Golden-Backup exist"

now providing it says this your next step is to click RESTORE BACK-UP. your phone will go to a black screen and the blue led light used for notifications will stay lit up for a few moments and reboot.

again this does not unlock the us cellular phone I am simply showing how to access the menu and the steps I tried to use to unlock my phone.

I know this is probably all info you know but I am hoping some one will read this and have a light bulb go off in their head.

now back to the problem at hand US CELLULAR. I am working on finding the solution here and I believe its in the firmware USC uses (not talking about the os version) and I don't even know if I am using the correct terms for this so I will state this in a different way.

Every computer has an operating system weather its lunix unix windows or whatever each brand has what we call BIOS which is what the individual manufactures use to tweek their pcs to make them different/unique from one another (aside from the obvious hardware differences but if 2 companies had the same hardware chances are they would still not have the same BIOS)

now back on track I believe that one can take a Verison or tmoble S4 and flash the firmware to the USC phone. but then again I could be wrong USC could have totally different hardware since they use the LTE service and not just CDMA or GSM and trying to use a CDMA or GSM sim would just plain not work. but I refuse to believe this scenario. I think one could flash and unlock as if it was a tmoble or verison since non of these companies accually manufacture the S4.

and now ive lost most of my train of though but I am curious if anyone knows of a CDMA unlocking tool that works with the sch-r970 (PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO MY POST UNLESS YOU ARE 100% SURE) ive spent a lot of time running down false leads.

P.S. I know this is a GSM forum

P.P.S. sorry for the spelling I don't have the patients to correct myself...

ecs87 10-15-2014 23:37

Youre right in that its a CDMA phone, but I do believe it has GSM capabilities. The "lock" is held in an nv item that's probably read and write protected. If I were you I'd have a peek at nv item 10124. Its where the lock for the Sprint (CDMA) phones are. The bytes have to be flipped from 00 to 30.

justwannahack 10-15-2014 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecs87 (Post 10617169)
Youre right in that its a CDMA phone, but I do believe it has GSM capabilities. The "lock" is held in an nv item that's probably read and write protected. If I were you I'd have a peek at nv item 10124. Its where the lock for the Sprint (CDMA) phones are. The bytes have to be flipped from 00 to 30.

yes it has both cdma and gsm capabilitys. am I looking for the GSM NV or the UMTS NV?

ecs87 10-16-2014 03:22

There is only one nv RAM AFAIK?

justwannahack 10-17-2014 00:55

no there is not a 'nv RAM AFAIK' ive been through every menu and the only thing with ram is ramdump. us cellulars menu is different.

Kenshin77 04-22-2015 22:43

Did anyone ever find an unlock for this version of the phone?

Ive talked to the cricket wireless carrier, the ones who issued this version of the phone, and they told me that it cannot be unlocked.

nubleet 07-20-2015 17:51

sorry to bump an old thread, but I have taken an sch-r970 that was on USCC to a location in town and had them "unlock" the device. Process took about half an hour and I can use a t-mobile sim card in it. I do get "4g" data, but that is all. Phone does not work, but sms and mms do work. I have flashed a t-mobile rom to the device and it displays that it is an i9505 now. Not sure if it flashed a t-mobile modem to it or if I could if it would brick the phone. If anyone has any insight on this it is much appreciated.

ecs87 07-21-2015 03:10

You might want to take an NV dump and share it with the guys on here. They may be able to track down which NV item was altered (unless they used a program to access the lock at the Java level).

yogesh Nore 05-17-2016 10:17

Nework signal

my samsung R970 network signal not showing after using above unlocking method. please help me

yogesh Nore 05-19-2016 07:46

my samsung R970 network signal not showing after using above unlocking method. please help me

mobilemaster33 12-17-2018 09:50

no any code wark plz send solution