Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums. |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|11-06-2012, 14:14||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nord Romania
Thanks Meter: 14
Unlock Verizon Galaxy S3 i535 as World GSM Phone - simplified method
How to root instructions you have here: [GUIDE] For beginners - Root Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-i535/d2vzw - xda-developers
2.From Google Play store install the following apps if you do not have them: APN Manager Pro (81 Square), Phone Info (sc@taiwan), Titanium Backup Pro.
3 Turn off phone, pull out battery and put in micro SIM from your foreign country.
4. Use Phone Info app to change preferred network type "Global" or "Gsm only" (click on Device Information and scroll down to the first box to change). Some have reported that other choices were needed for their providers, so you may have to experiment.
5. Reboot phone. You should have the SIM card working for phone calls.
6. In Titanium Backup Pro, go to Backup/Restore, find and “long select” APN Manager Pro, and then select “Convert to system app”.
7. Open APN Manager Pro, select Insert APN, and input the data needed from your desired service provider.
8. Reboot phone. You should have the SIM card working for phone and data.
9. Remove notification "NON-VERIZON SIM" :
Using Titanium Backup, delete(uninstall) or freeze an app called Setup wizard 1.0 (its icon is a red check mark with a magic wand) and that should remove the notification
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kosta25 For This Useful Post:
|12-11-2012, 16:00||#2 (permalink)|
No Life Poster
Join Date: May 2005
Thanks Meter: 184
do this step and u will able to use any gsm network
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sweetboy For This Useful Post:
|01-14-2013, 11:41||#8 (permalink)|
Join Date: Aug 2005
Thanks Meter: 282
this should be in samsung section bro. But good move as u posted here with steps. BTW i535 direct unlock/code read is out with other tool. waiting for z3x to release it.
|01-20-2013, 02:35||#14 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2013
Thanks Meter: 0
I did exactly as Mr sweetboy said... And yes, i actually did it, so thanks a lot... I just need a little bit of help, and i wish u all wisdow people help me out... Ting is, i just have EDGE signal.... What can i do to get 3G ??? Is there any solution using netmonitor ??
I hope u guys help... Ur all awesome...