GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > IMEI or online Server Products > Gsmfather The Wholesale Unlocking Database

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2008, 05:20   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 174853
Thanks Meter: 84
Blackberry 8830, 7130e how unlock CDMA part?

dear Sir...

i have 2 of these handsets to unlock
but a bit confuse, can we unlock both GSM and CDMA parts?
because the CDMA is no RUIM/SIM and i don't see in FAQ where to enter codes for CDMA, or CDMA blackberry supported

thanks
Old 09-06-2008, 12:20   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 24066
Sonork: 100.9
Thanks Meter: 574
Donate money to this user
no codes in database for 8830, i dont know about 7130e as never recieve request for codes. but if code will be there only Gsm can be unlock.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:19   #3 (permalink)

Member: 865433
Sonork: putty_tat007
Thanks Meter: 0
Angry I'm ready to pull my hair out of my HEAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by :::GsmFather::: View Post
no codes in database for 8830, i dont know about 7130e as never recieve request for codes. but if code will be there only Gsm can be unlock.

Could you tell me why the CDMA portion can't be unlocked? I mean really if hackers can get into government computers why can't the CDMA be unlocked?

I have been told if you call Verizon international you can ask them to unlock the GSM portion and if they don't your supposed to hang up and call until you get one that will.

I can't believe they can do this when the phone is ours. I purchased mine on eBay and I didn't know any better or I would have not purchased it. I feel soooooooooooooo ripped off. Anyway TY I'm just curious and frustrated.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:50   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 49581
Thanks Meter: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by putty_tat007 View Post
Could you tell me why the CDMA portion can't be unlocked? I mean really if hackers can get into government computers why can't the CDMA be unlocked?

I have been told if you call Verizon international you can ask them to unlock the GSM portion and if they don't your supposed to hang up and call until you get one that will.

I can't believe they can do this when the phone is ours. I purchased mine on eBay and I didn't know any better or I would have not purchased it. I feel soooooooooooooo ripped off. Anyway TY I'm just curious and frustrated.
The way CDMA phones and GSM phones work are different ....

GSM use the SIM as ID, and CDMA use the serial number as ID ...and blah blah blah ....

CDMA can be unlocked, but not the way GSM do .....

long story short, CDMA is not unlocked by CODE only ....
The Following User Says Thank You to gwaai For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2008, 07:35   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaai View Post
The way CDMA phones and GSM phones work are different ....

GSM use the SIM as ID, and CDMA use the serial number as ID ...and blah blah blah ....

CDMA can be unlocked, but not the way GSM do .....

long story short, CDMA is not unlocked by CODE only ....

WOW thank you but then who can do this? I'm thinking not the same ones that unlock GSM since I have asked with no luck. If I don't get this part unlocked it will be a pretty paper weight. If anyone knows where I can go to have this done please let me know. TY Gwaai your brilliant.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:12   #6 (permalink)

Question I hope this is ok to post?

I hope this is ok to post? I read this on another site about the Verizon CDMA/GSM 8830 BlackBerry phone. I'm wondering if anyone knows this is true?

"There are few GSM + CDMA hybrid phones, but they are rare. If you have a RIM Blackberry 8830, please note that it has only 900 / 1800MHz GSM capability, which means you can only use it outside North America with another GSM carrier after unlocking. This is a hardware issue, it is not something can be changed through unlocking. Therefore it is not possible to use it with any US-based GSM network. Verizon does not lock the CDMA portion of the phone, however the GSM portion is locked to Vodafone. Sprint Blackberry 8830 is identical, except they do not restrict (lock) the GSM portion. You can use the Sprint version outside North America without unlocking it."

I need to know if this is true because if it is I can unlock it to use overseas then just register my BB with Virgin which is CDMA. Sounds to good to be true so I wont hold my breath.
Old 09-19-2008, 13:35   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 24066
Sonork: 100.9
Thanks Meter: 574
Donate money to this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by putty_tat007 View Post
I hope this is ok to post? I read this on another site about the Verizon CDMA/GSM 8830 BlackBerry phone. I'm wondering if anyone knows this is true?

"There are few GSM + CDMA hybrid phones, but they are rare. If you have a RIM Blackberry 8830, please note that it has only 900 / 1800MHz GSM capability, which means you can only use it outside North America with another GSM carrier after unlocking. This is a hardware issue, it is not something can be changed through unlocking. Therefore it is not possible to use it with any US-based GSM network. Verizon does not lock the CDMA portion of the phone, however the GSM portion is locked to Vodafone. Sprint Blackberry 8830 is identical, except they do not restrict (lock) the GSM portion. You can use the Sprint version outside North America without unlocking it."

I need to know if this is true because if it is I can unlock it to use overseas then just register my BB with Virgin which is CDMA. Sounds to good to be true so I wont hold my breath.
you can use it overseas with gsm operator but the question here is how to unlock? because there arent code available for 8830 to unlock. I dont know that whether verizon locked the cdma portion or not, but if cdma portion is not locked than also you cant use it with other cdma operator.If you want you can use it on Verizon as no other Cdma operator will activate it and let you use on their network.
Old 09-19-2008, 19:03   #8 (permalink)

Oy there should be a law against locking phones.

Thank you GsmFather, I just called Virgin Mobil and they said it's policy to not use anything but Virgin Mobil phones so It doesn't matter. But to unlock the 8830 for GSM all you have to do is call Verizon and they will unlock it for you. So when it comes to overseas I'm fine. Thanks again for your input I appreciate it very much.

There really should be a law against these companies locking any phones period! I pay for it it's mine and that is the bottom line. I get so upset and annoyed at how these companies dictate to us.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:48   #9 (permalink)

Member: 1508801
Exclamation "Insert Sim Card"

Hello GSMFather,
I have BB 8830 WE from CBeyond.
I have successfully unlocked the phone using MFI Multiloader.But after unlocking and selecting the GSM option in the mobile,still the phone does not recognise the service provider and displays "Insert Sim card"..Please suggest what to do...
Old 02-12-2011, 11:51   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 123133
Sonork: 100.999
Thanks Meter: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid90 View Post
Hello GSMFather,
I have BB 8830 WE from CBeyond.
I have successfully unlocked the phone using MFI Multiloader.But after unlocking and selecting the GSM option in the mobile,still the phone does not recognise the service provider and displays "Insert Sim card"..Please suggest what to do...

maybe hardware problem or check phone network settings
Old 02-12-2011, 12:13   #11 (permalink)

Member: 1508801
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Kuku:. View Post
maybe hardware problem or check phone network settings
When i type MEPD in SIM card,
IT says
SIM :Unknown
Network: Unknown etc...
The network signal is SOS.....
and it identifies the mobile network as :Idea sometimes,405-1 sometimes and BSSL sometimes...
Please suggest what to do..
Old 06-25-2011, 12:28   #12 (permalink)

Member: 1598486
Sonork: 100.1605247
bb 8830 fauld range of errore
plz heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp
Old 07-01-2011, 16:40   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 123133
Sonork: 100.999
Thanks Meter: 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by irfan_cdma View Post
bb 8830 fauld range of errore
plz heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp
Please check Blackberry Hardware Software Section for the Solutions

Regards
Old 11-06-2011, 21:12   #14 (permalink)

Member: 1568856
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid90 View Post
When i type MEPD in SIM card,
IT says
SIM :Unknown
Network: Unknown etc...
The network signal is SOS.....
and it identifies the mobile network as :Idea sometimes,405-1 sometimes and BSSL sometimes...
Please suggest what to do..
In the case of the BB 8830WE from verizon that I have, I get similar message. Only differences are that it tells me the right network of the SIM and says Network Active. Network Signal SOS.

Which software or what can be done to unlock the CDMA side of the phone?