GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 16:37   #1 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 1407028
Thanks Meter: 7
Unhappy 1 bar signal strength or invalid SIM display in iPhone 3GS 32GB iOS4 V4.1??????

Hi,

I'm from Canada. I recently purchased through ebay seller by almost pay $600, and he descripted the phone is "unlocked and jailbroken". However after I received I've dowloaded many applications from itunes. I updated the applications (pressing apple store icon, I’m not sure I did a stupid thing by pressing apple store icon in iPhone to update applications....!!!!) in my iPhone otherwise I haven't updated using itunes till now. When used my Rogers SIM card it's showing "invalid SIM " display most of the times or showing just 1 bar signal strength and through that I can't able to make any calls. I'm not sure this is the indication of phone get "locked" or still the phone is in unlock mode or something else. When I went through the net I found many articles more or less related to this problem, but it's very hard to understand what exactly that means and how to apply on the phone. During synchronization with the itunes, I’m getting display message in itunes as “The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported Carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported Carrier’s store to receive a replacement SIM card.” . The rest of the applications and wi-fi are working absolutely fine.

However I don't have any idea or knowledge about iphone but I’ve downloaded many applications to rectify this problem (like snowbreeze v.2.0.2, pwnage tool 4.1, cydia application, packager 1.0.129-1, dotnetfx35, iOS4.1 jailbreaker mpkg, iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117_Restore etc.,) and I’m not sure what to use out of those. However I didn’t find any exe files for those applications and somebody told I need installer to make them use or to extract those applications but I’m not sure what kind of installer I need and where to download that. When I gone through the settings in my phone I found the following “version 4.1(8B117), Carrier Rogers 8.0, Model MC149C, Modem Firmware 05.14.02”.

I would really appreciate your help. Should you have any questions or require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you. Venkata .
Old 09-30-2010, 17:06   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1178779
Thanks Meter: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhakar_glv View Post
Hi,

I'm from Canada. I recently purchased through ebay seller by almost pay $600, and he descripted the phone is "unlocked and jailbroken". However after I received I've dowloaded many applications from itunes. I updated the applications (pressing apple store icon, I’m not sure I did a stupid thing by pressing apple store icon in iPhone to update applications....!!!!) in my iPhone otherwise I haven't updated using itunes till now. When used my Rogers SIM card it's showing "invalid SIM " display most of the times or showing just 1 bar signal strength and through that I can't able to make any calls. I'm not sure this is the indication of phone get "locked" or still the phone is in unlock mode or something else. When I went through the net I found many articles more or less related to this problem, but it's very hard to understand what exactly that means and how to apply on the phone. During synchronization with the itunes, I’m getting display message in itunes as “The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported Carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported Carrier’s store to receive a replacement SIM card.” . The rest of the applications and wi-fi are working absolutely fine.

However I don't have any idea or knowledge about iphone but I’ve downloaded many applications to rectify this problem (like snowbreeze v.2.0.2, pwnage tool 4.1, cydia application, packager 1.0.129-1, dotnetfx35, iOS4.1 jailbreaker mpkg, iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117_Restore etc.,) and I’m not sure what to use out of those. However I didn’t find any exe files for those applications and somebody told I need installer to make them use or to extract those applications but I’m not sure what kind of installer I need and where to download that. When I gone through the settings in my phone I found the following “version 4.1(8B117), Carrier Rogers 8.0, Model MC149C, Modem Firmware 05.14.02”.

I would really appreciate your help. Should you have any questions or require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you. Venkata .
brother ur version is not supported at this moment,there's nothing u can do just wait......