GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 02:50   #46 (permalink)

Member: 1475700
Thanks Meter: 0

Now that this worked and I have a completely functioning G3S again thanks to the process here, I will get courage together to use the new unteathered redsn0w when it is ready and unlock the phone. Now that I have the "custom firmware", and not having ever done either Cyndia or an unlock, are there any traps or consequences I should be aware of? Anybody with suggestions on the processes? Forewarned is forearmed? Appreciate any help.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:26   #47 (permalink)

Member: 1479834
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetz25tl View Post
People just understand that this method is for if you are completely stuck on the recovery mode loop on the 3gs if you have tried everything. I just confirmed that the 3g is still on the old boot rom. So refer to the other post that are on here for a quicker solution, this mainly points to the 3gs which has the common recovery mode loop
hi, i tried this method on my 3g and it didnīt work i still get the 1015 error with the custom firmware could you link me to where i can find the solution to the 3g? regards
Old 12-29-2010, 04:16   #48 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1475119
Thanks Meter: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCall View Post
Sorry but this is not new man. If you have no SHSH, fw4.2.1, bb 6.15, one way only is restore custom fw 4.2.1 (has cydia or no depend on builder). No need to restore 4.2.1 original fw, just derectly custom:
1. IREB: DFU
2. Itunes restore custom, no any trouble on the way
The most important thing is you want to jailbreak or not ( i have custom no cydia means original fw, no jailbreak). If want, tethered. if not, no signal???
I have tried the methods as people have posted on here and when I go to boot tethered the pinapple logo shows and it goes back to recovery mode. Cause when you restore with the custom firmware it doesnt fully install all the way for some reason. So I had to unplug the phone so it will fully restore. But when I get the time Ill make a video showing me using the methods people are saying with.

1. Putting the phone in pwnd dfu mode first.
2. Then restoring to cfw on 3gs 4.2.1 (not getting a error but phone still goes back into recovery mode)
3. Then using ireb,tinyumbrella,and jailbreaking and still goes back to recovery.
4. and booting tethered will just show the pineapple shut of then goes back to recovery mode.
5. after trying that you can still unplug the phone turn it off then back on. let it do its restore then go back to the emergency screen and process with the jailbreaking and unlocking.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:17   #49 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by krycek82 View Post
hi, i tried this method on my 3g and it didnīt work i still get the 1015 error with the custom firmware could you link me to where i can find the solution to the 3g? regards
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f456...fully-1152179/
Old 12-29-2010, 04:19   #50 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacUno View Post
Now that this worked and I have a completely functioning G3S again thanks to the process here, I will get courage together to use the new unteathered redsn0w when it is ready and unlock the phone. Now that I have the "custom firmware", and not having ever done either Cyndia or an unlock, are there any traps or consequences I should be aware of? Anybody with suggestions on the processes? Forewarned is forearmed? Appreciate any help.
You can still unlock with the version you have now just wait till the final release of the untethered version cause the one thats out now has alot of issues
Old 12-29-2010, 04:31   #51 (permalink)

Member: 1479864
3gs help

Hi,
I have to start by saying this is new to me and I will probably sound like an idiot...but here goes! I have a iphone given to me from a friend in Canada. He had it unlocked there. It is a 3gs 32gb:
model MC133 / A1303
baseband 05.15.04
bootloader 6.4
firmware 4.2.1
I have an ATT SIM with data plan active but cannot get this phone to do anything! When connected to ITunes I get amessage telling me the SIM card is not supported.
HELP!! Any ideas?
Old 12-29-2010, 04:34   #52 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankness View Post
Hi,
I have to start by saying this is new to me and I will probably sound like an idiot...but here goes! I have a iphone given to me from a friend in Canada. He had it unlocked there. It is a 3gs 32gb:
model MC133 / A1303
baseband 05.15.04
bootloader 6.4
firmware 4.2.1
I have an ATT SIM with data plan active but cannot get this phone to do anything! When connected to ITunes I get amessage telling me the SIM card is not supported.
HELP!! Any ideas?
Well the iphone seems to be with fido which i dont know if that has a issue when using att. so you going to have to unlock the phone
Old 12-29-2010, 04:40   #53 (permalink)

Member: 1479834
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetz25tl View Post
i tried that one too and it didnīt work, i think my iphone 3g has old bootroom donīt know if that changes anything, what i did was

1 - started the redsnow with original 4.2.1 firmware and marked the option enter pwned DFU mode right now only

2 - folowed the procedures described in redsnow and the phone turned off

3 - opened itunes( v10.1.1.4 not sure if its the x64 version) and pressed shift + restore and selected the custom 4.2.1 firmware in the end it gave me the 1015 error

4 - i started the redsnow again and selected the original 4.2.1 firmware and marked the install cydia and ipad baseband and followed the procedure again.

after all this when itīs insttalling the baseband the phone reboots and it apears the apple and then the cable to conect to itunes.

did i forgot to do something or did something wrong? all i can thnk of is that i donīt have the correct cusom firmware for 3g with bb 6.15.0

sorry for nagging you with this, but iīm new at this, thanks again.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:52   #54 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by krycek82 View Post
i tried that one too and it didnīt work, i think my iphone 3g has old bootroom donīt know if that changes anything, what i did was

1 - started the redsnow with original 4.2.1 firmware and marked the option enter pwned DFU mode right now only

2 - folowed the procedures described in redsnow and the phone turned off

3 - opened itunes( v10.1.1.4 not sure if its the x64 version) and pressed shift + restore and selected the custom 4.2.1 firmware in the end it gave me the 1015 error

4 - i started the redsnow again and selected the original 4.2.1 firmware and marked the install cydia and ipad baseband and followed the procedure again.

after all this when itīs insttalling the baseband the phone reboots and it apears the apple and then the cable to conect to itunes.

did i forgot to do something or did something wrong? all i can thnk of is that i donīt have the correct cusom firmware for 3g with bb 6.15.0

sorry for nagging you with this, but iīm new at this, thanks again.
First start by restoring to the original 3g and get the error.
enter pwnd dfu mode
and install custom 4.2.1 firmware
then i think use tiny umbrella to kick it out of dfu.
this thread mainly points to the 3gs since its mainly what people are having problems with
Old 12-29-2010, 05:44   #55 (permalink)

Member: 971577
3gs please help.....

hi all, i have problem with my 3gs,am already jailbreak the phone.and am using 4.1 but my modem firmware 05.14.02 and i try to unlock it so i can used any sim card,i used repo666 but now working,is there any solution that can help me pleasee....am helpless...thank you all
Old 12-29-2010, 05:47   #56 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafunkdapunk View Post
hi all, i have problem with my 3gs,am already jailbreak the phone.and am using 4.1 but my modem firmware 05.14.02 and i try to unlock it so i can used any sim card,i used repo666 but now working,is there any solution that can help me pleasee....am helpless...thank you all
you need to update your baseband to the ipad 6.15
Old 12-29-2010, 06:31   #57 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 758106
Sonork: jap_line
Thanks Meter: 412
Donate money to this user
if still thetered after doing all this procedure,

then it's just useless...

there's so many ways to kick or fix recovery mode like for example restore using custom 4.2.1, the only problem is when you already have ipad bb 06.15 is you can't normally restore anymore and will get error 1015, so just use custom firmware 4.2.1 to avoid flashing baseband or avoid error..

very simple, that's it.

why spend too much time , tricks or procedure lol
Old 12-29-2010, 06:37   #58 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jap_line View Post
if still thetered after doing all this procedure,

then it's just useless...

there's so many ways to kick or fix recovery mode like for example restore using custom 4.2.1, the only problem is when you already have ipad bb 06.15 is you can't normally restore anymore and will get error 1015, so just use custom firmware 4.2.1 to avoid flashing baseband or avoid error..

very simple, that's it.

why spend too much time , tricks or procedure lol
This is just for people who still are stuck after doing the flash of the custom firmware. plus trying to use ireb tiny umbrella and others and trying to boot tethered and it still sticks in recovery mode. this way is lonjger but it will work
Old 12-29-2010, 08:40   #59 (permalink)

Member: 1479874
I got through the steps easy enough but when I'm trying to install the custom firmware, it's not compatible... crap
Old 12-29-2010, 08:45   #60 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 132207
Thanks Meter: 12
no need to do these all nonsence only restore with costm.4.2.1. thats all no recovery mode. all is making us fool.