GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 03:44   #1 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1375535
Thanks Meter: 3
3gs with ios 4.0.1

This phone is unlocked and all set and would would hate tamper with it. HEre is what happened, I deleted skype as it was crashing and when I came to reinstall it, its asking me to update to 4.3. is there any way around this to avoid messing with the phones ios? Can I get the old skype app from anywhere online? Thanks for any help.
The Following User Says Thank You to bass528 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 04:22   #2 (permalink)
Insane Poster

If I must upgrade can you guys direct me to upgrade without changing my bb, I forgot how to do all this stuff, I have my ssh saved. Any help is appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to bass528 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 07:11   #3 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Please if anyone can help, if I have to go with a restore then fine, I already copied everything from the phone and ready to go, at this time Iam not sure to use sn0wbreese or redsn0w, I rely on Ultra snow and need an unteathered jailbreak. I cant believe a stupid thing such as not being able to install skype is making me do all this. But we need the app for communication with family members overseas. Thanks alot guys I hope someone can assist. If I can get my old skype app back please share, if I cant please advise on what program is best to preserve my baseband if Iam relying on ultra snow for the unlock.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:17   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1759223
Thanks Meter: 13
Try this version of skype, in post 3

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f456...skype-1475611/
The Following User Says Thank You to hbhbhb For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 08:54   #5 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Cant thank you enough. Wish I can buy you dinner friend. You saved me lots of headaches and hours of work. Sorry for this next question, itunes wants to sync with its apps and wants to delete all my apps to install this one. I tried emailing it to myself and didnt work, I tried the link from the phone and it doesnt work prob cause its java. Anything you know on how I can put this back on the phone.

I really thank you for contributing and sending me the link.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:36   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1759223
Thanks Meter: 13
anytime dude, for your itune question, I truly dont understand. Lets try again.
You are trying to install a new app, correct? are you trying to install via itune or what? shouldnt let itune delete anything.Give more info on what you are trying to install, how, what s the error?
Old 05-19-2012, 06:10   #7 (permalink)
Insane Poster

I got it HB, yea each time I sync my phone with Itunes I wind up loosing some apps if the itunes doesnt have those apps in them. Its like a one way sync, I can get whats on itunes to the phone but cant get whats on the phone to itunes. But somehow I managed to sync the phone without loosing anything and I added skype and its all working fine now. I try to avoid itunes, disaster for me not user friendly at all. Im sure there will be online lessons on how to use it at one point.

But that link you sent me saved me man, you saved me lots of work, headaches, possibly upgrading my baseband. So I really appreciate you contributing to solving the problem, not many on here do. So many thanks once again.