GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 15:49   #31 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 161531
Thanks Meter: 9
Fix for dfu loop fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasay1992 View Post
i wish someone would do this for me lol
i've been trying to fix this phones for over two weeks literally. I dont know where i find this patients but im losing it haha
here is the fix for ur dfu problems,,..
Need softwares:
1. Tiny umberlla
2. Firmware 4.1
3. Firmware 4.3.3
4.redsn0w 9.6xxx
5 itunes

step 1.
Open ur tiny umberlla and start tss service
step 2.. Open redsn0w and select 4.1 firmware and conncet ur phone with dfu loop phone,, then just tick juest enter pwned dfu mode.. And finish it... Now ur phone pwned dfu mode.

Step3.. Now open itunes and restore with official 4.1 firmware.. Will flash ur phone and end with 1015 error.... And dfu mode again...

Step 4... Very important one now close ur tiny umberlla
step 5...open ur itunes now and restore with 4.3.3 official firmware (dont use pwned dfu now and dont use tiny umberlla.. This mistake lead us to dfu mood again)... Again ends with 1015 error and ur phone now diplay low battery symbol or recovery mode.. No problem...(if u have low battery symbol.. Wait to charge for sometime)

step 5... Now use redsn0w with 4.3.3 and tick and jailbrake it...

Struck while jailbraking ,,, now again repeat the same procedure

now ur phone will be activated and work fine ... Now use ultrasnow to unlock from cydia... Now ur phone is unlocked and untechred .... Reply me .....
The Following User Says Thank You to gavaskar66377 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2011, 17:12   #32 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 581508
Thanks Meter: 5
try this

try another custom firmare, if not help, u have to remove the battery at least 2 hours, and then put it back ,,,post the results
The Following User Says Thank You to chockwave For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2011, 18:59   #33 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 74075
Thanks Meter: 71
vasay , this is an old problem w/gs. if you can, disconnect mtherboard from battery and let sit for a few minutes. if you can not, disconnect phone from any charging source for at least 1 day, 2 would be better. phone must be dead. when you reconnect phone will still be in dfu mode. use redsn0w to put into pwned dfu mode, and then restore w 4.1 ipsw. phone should come up in restore mode. use ireb or tiny umbrella to kick out of restore mode. check host files and remove all apple references. good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to jayh42 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2011, 02:19   #34 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 3026
Sonork: 100.1602750
Thanks Meter: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by manuel23 View Post
Hello everyone, The best solution those who encounter dfu mode after restore with baseband 6.15.

1. open your tiny umbrella, go to advance, untick exit cydia host
2. Then open itunes then restore to 4.1 get error 1015 and kick out recovery using tiny umbrella. Works many times for me.
Restore 2 times if you downgrade with 4.1 then exit recovery with tinyumbrella
No need to modify host file and use original firmware
The Following User Says Thank You to kham For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2011, 07:29   #35 (permalink)

Member: 1642646
Thanks Meter: 0
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavaskar66377 View Post
Need softwares:
1. Tiny umberlla
2. Firmware 4.1
3. Firmware 4.3.3
4.redsn0w 9.6xxx
5 itunes

step 1.
step 2.. Open redsn0w and select 4.1 firmware and conncet ur phone with dfu loop phone,, then just tick juest enter pwned dfu mode.. And finish it... Now ur phone pwned dfu mode.

Step3.. Now open itunes and restore with official 4.1 firmware.. Will flash ur phone and end with 1015 error.... And dfu mode again...

step 5...open ur itunes now and restore with 4.3.3 official firmware (dont use pwned dfu now and dont use tiny umberlla.. This mistake lead us to dfu mood again)... Again ends with 1015 error and ur phone now diplay low battery symbol or recovery mode.. No problem...(if u have low battery symbol.. Wait to charge for sometime)

now ur phone will be activated and work fine ... Now use ultrasnow to unlock from cydia... Now ur phone is unlocked and untechred .... Reply me .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by chockwave View Post
try another custom firmare, if not help, u have to remove the battery at least 2 hours, and then put it back ,,,post the results
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayh42 View Post
vasay , this is an old problem w/gs. if you can, disconnect mtherboard from battery and let sit for a few minutes. if you can not, disconnect phone from any charging source for at least 1 day, 2 would be better. phone must be dead. when you reconnect phone will still be in dfu mode. use redsn0w to put into pwned dfu mode, and then restore w 4.1 ipsw. phone should come up in restore mode. use ireb or tiny umbrella to kick out of restore mode. check host files and remove all apple references. good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by kham View Post
Restore 2 times if you downgrade with 4.1 then exit recovery with tinyumbrella
No need to modify host file and use original firmware
I will try all this ASAP starting from top. Kind of busy with college right now. I will get back with results as soon as I can. Thanks guys.

BTW I have removed the battery and left it for days already. I will try again but this time I will try with 4.1 firmware like you suggest
Old 08-31-2011, 18:37   #36 (permalink)

gavaskar66377
On step two when i choose 4.1 it says unable to recognize IPSW. Its because i'm already on 4.3.3 right? Should I downgrade with itunes first and then start from step 1?
Old 09-02-2011, 05:45   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Need softwares:
1. Tiny umberlla
2. Firmware 4.1
3. Firmware 4.3.3
4.redsn0w 9.6xxx
5 itunes

step 1.

I tried this today. Got as far as restoring in itunes. Gives me error 1618 every time. NEver got to 1015. Tried ireb to fix the error but it did not help.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:02   #38 (permalink)

Member: 852006
Sonork: 115693
Thanks Meter: 3
Dfu mode

To restore 3gs,if stuck on dfu mode i did one mobile use irib and tinyumbrell,
1st connect iphone start irib execute for 3gs,and now start tiny umbrella start tss ,then launch itunes restore iphone with 4.1 and it can give u error sodo this process again this time use custom firmware .1 hope ur will work mine i did
The Following User Says Thank You to yashp71 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-03-2011, 18:48   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasay1992 View Post
I tried this today. Got as far as restoring in itunes. Gives me error 1618 every time. NEver got to 1015. Tried ireb to fix the error but it did not help.
got past 1618 but now if i close tinyum. it gives me 3194 error
Old 09-03-2011, 21:08   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Need softwares:
1. Tiny umberlla
2. Firmware 4.1
3. Firmware 4.3.3
4.redsn0w 9.6xxx
5 itunes

step 1.

stuck on step 4. If i close tinyum Itunes doesnt let me restore. Keeps giving me 3194 error. Tried messing with hots fie, nothing seems to work. Should I try on another PC starting from step 4?
Old 09-03-2011, 22:24   #41 (permalink)

ok guys, some progress here. After getting stuck on step 4, I tried to update iphone using itunes, without pressing shift+restore. So it was restoring and then error 1015 came up and now i'm stuck with RECOVERY MODE. The itunes logo and cable. I think it's a good sign. What should I do? I dont want to mess it up again lol
Old 09-03-2011, 22:49   #42 (permalink)

My guess is that the phone is now on the new firmware?
Old 09-03-2011, 23:18   #43 (permalink)

I tried jailbreaking with redsnow using 4.3.3 but I'm not sure if its possible since I believe the phone is on new firmware. It keeps saying "please wait" then says some other crap really fast and turns off. when it turns back on it is still on recovery mode. Sorry if I'm spamming, just trying to fix this thing ASAP
Old 09-04-2011, 01:23   #44 (permalink)

Its me again. Here's what happened with second phone now. I'll go step by step of what I did.
What I did to get to recovery mode from DFU loop
1. Opened tinyumbrella and clicked Start TSS Servers
2. Opened redsnow navigated to 4.1 and put my iphone into PWNED DFU mode using redsnow
3. After doing that Tried to restore with itunes using official 4.1 firmware, gave me errors 1600, 1618
4. Closed Itunes.
5. Opened ireb and clicked on "iphone 3gs", message popped "your device is now in PWNED DFU state (black screen" and left it at that, did not click on anything
6. Opened itunes and tried to restore. Again same error.
7. Closed Itunes.
8. With tinyumbrella running go to top left and you will see tag "Show all SHSHs" and click on that. There shouldn't be anything else showing there besides "Show all SHSHs"
9. After clicking on it (it will turn blue, meaning it is selected. helping total noobs out there) then go to the right corner and you will see button "Save all SHSHs", click on that.
10. Do not click on "Start TSS Server"
11. Open itunes
12. Shift+restore using official 4.3.3
13. Iphone will restore and give you 1015 error at the end. You can click "ok" or "x" or completely ignore it. Does not matter what you do at this point.
14. Your iphone should now be at recovery mode or battery charging logo

This is what I did to get to recovery mode. I did not know what I was doing. I to this point do not know what happened but thats how I got BOTH of the phones from DFU to recovery mode. Hope this helps others.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:48   #45 (permalink)

Update: Using one of the Iphones right now to call/txt )