GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2013, 10:27   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1740209
Thanks Meter: 36
Activation lock makes you a thieve?!

It is not necessary that iphone is stolen when Activation locked: I assume that Apple will have to solve this because there are more and more people stucked which are second hand iphone owners and NOT thieves!

Here is what I have tested and concluded yesterday:
An example. You buy an iPhone from original owner, he manually deletes all of his private data but somehow he does not delete his iCloud details. You use it for a few months, somehow you get stucked in recovery mode (or something else happens) or you just need to restore it. And sell to 3rd owner (for example).

You make a clean restore and your iphone is automatically linked to 1st owner Apple ID. Of course, you cannot reach that person.

And what?

Does this make you a thief in Apple's eyes? Yes, it does!

This is a serious problem and Apple should at least offer a way to get in contact with the (linked) Apple ID owner! At least not to show the full Apple ID but to offer an "in iphone" or "in iTunes" possibility to write to the (linked) Apple ID owner and ask him to remove the device from his iCloud.

What do you say?
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to digfurka For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 10-31-2013, 11:35   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 782943
Sonork: 100.1601067
Thanks Meter: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by digfurka View Post
It is not necessary that iphone is stolen when Activation locked: I assume that Apple will have to solve this because there are more and more people stucked which are second hand iphone owners and NOT thieves!

Here is what I have tested and concluded yesterday:
An example. You buy an iPhone from original owner, he manually deletes all of his private data but somehow he does not delete his iCloud details. You use it for a few months, somehow you get stucked in recovery mode (or something else happens) or you just need to restore it. And sell to 3rd owner (for example).

You make a clean restore and your iphone is automatically linked to 1st owner Apple ID. Of course, you cannot reach that person.

And what?

Does this make you a thief in Apple's eyes? Yes, it does!

This is a serious problem and Apple should at least offer a way to get in contact with the (linked) Apple ID owner! At least not to show the full Apple ID but to offer an "in iPhone" or "in iTunes" possibility to write to the (linked) Apple ID owner and ask him to remove the device from his iCloud.

What do you say?
I don't have any word because I already got 13 iPhone in this condition and still I don't find any solution for revive those phones. Apple makes security stronger for thieves but generally second hand user are suffered for this most. So I m agree with u too make any solution to exist this problem.

Br
Rasel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raselcox For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2013, 23:39   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 228253
Thanks Meter: 22
Donate money to this user
it is according to apple, your responsability to make sure you check the previous owner has deleted the unit from the icloud account.
apple also wont unlock the unit unless your the original owner its a crazy policy but hey apple think they own the world
Old 11-04-2013, 14:42   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1797460
Sonork: 100.1622335
Thanks Meter: 24
i agree with you bro but problem is if someone buy from another i mean 3rd party and he don,t know the people .so how can he contact with them .if have any other sulotion plz share with us .............................big thanks in advance
Old 11-04-2013, 14:58   #5 (permalink)

Member: 91555
Thanks Meter: 0
well om my case i have the first owner in my shop he doesnt remember the password exactly or his password is not working for some reason, i did try his possibilities but no result, in order to get his details i had to install his backup into another phone now i have one working wich i cant undo "find my iphone" , if i reset it i will be stuck on start up menu. the other one is already messed up.
Old 11-04-2013, 15:29   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickle1 View Post
it is according to apple, your responsability to make sure you check the previous owner has deleted the unit from the icloud account.
apple also wont unlock the unit unless your the original owner its a crazy policy but hey apple think they own the world
They have to make solution because there is more and more devices locked. Also, do you think that all people think the same? Like, do all people remember that they have to log off in icloud? I think not.

They have to make a solution because not all people know that they MUST log off and that certainly does not make you a thief.

When a original owner responds your or Apples inquiiry to delete the device from Find my iPhone and says "You f****ing thief!", that means that you stole or that you bought a stolen iphone!
Old 11-04-2013, 15:46   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 725443
Sonork: 100.1601305
Thanks Meter: 330
apple dont have any responsibility about this, this is matter of our awareness...and legality
Old 11-04-2013, 16:13   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1038811
Sonork: 100.1585462
Thanks Meter: 974
Ir you buy the phone from a legal place / person. There is no chance that you will have a problem.
I already tried 2 times to get the icloud account and apple id and both times worked perfectly.
Now, all crooks will be having a hard time to sale stolen / found iPhones.

One guy came to the shop and when I told him the name and phone number of the original owner he told me that he would smashed against the wall if he couldn't used it. He never had the intentions to give it back.

Suck it.

Enviado desde mi A100 usando ******** 2
Old 11-05-2013, 17:10   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1800553
Sonork: 100.1649071
Thanks Meter: 5
Is there a service in unlock section (and other webs) to disable Activation Lock but it's expensive, more than $100 . Not valid for losten and erased phones.

Yes, it possible to bypass without contacting the 1st owner but it's better Apple's info about it (I know about Activation Lock thanks to unlocking websites...)
Old 11-10-2013, 10:35   #10 (permalink)

Member: 1810268
Thanks Meter: 1
How do i contact you

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahzad_4u View Post
contact me for icloud activation at skype only urgent solution

i want to contact you so what shall i do?
Old 11-10-2013, 12:41   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 199814
Thanks Meter: 1,960
he is offering flash files. but no one reported successfully
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmobile. View Post
i want to contact you so what shall i do?
Old 11-10-2013, 15:06   #12 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 739518
Thanks Meter: 16
if you accept paypal , i'll take the risk 70%. But you accept only WU…

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahzad_4u View Post
skype pine.apple269
Old 11-12-2013, 04:46   #13 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1938863
Sonork: 444555
Thanks Meter: 7
belielve me gus the owner suffer form this problem more and more than thieves
Old 11-12-2013, 09:56   #14 (permalink)

Member: 2039161
Thanks Meter: 1
This all depends upon the first owner. Apple dont take responcibility to give solution for this.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:49   #15 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewfriar View Post
This all depends upon the first owner. Apple dont take responcibility to give solution for this.
But they will have to do something, don't you agree?

You can't ignore the fact that more and more devices are in the same problem.

I would also notice one important thing: what was the purpose of this feature? Anti-theft? It would be nice to see the statistics of this feature, I would not say that this feature did much good to everyone, especially I would not say that original owner got their device back. I do not know anyone that lost and successfully recovered its device.