GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 18:57   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 279453
Thanks Meter: 29
[Beware]:activating an iphone by pwnage tool or redsn0w will cost you a lot

After activating my iphone 3gs with redsn0w_win_0.9.6b6 while been on the 06.15.00 base band, my service provider data usage becomes extremely high. the service provider is charging me a lot so i went to find out and here is what i found.
Here is the statement from Sherif Hashim:
On a very important side note, before anyone starts to complain about battery drainage issues after installing the new ultrasn0w on the 6.15.00 updated BB, the culprit here is not ultrasn0w, it’s the hacktivation process (activating the phone by pwnage tool or redsn0w rather than using an official carrier sim to do so) that u mostly did while jailbreaking.
The 4.1 and 4.2.1 ipsws unlike their old ancestors, seem to keep looking for valid push certificates all the time, either thru your wifi, or thru your cellular data network (which u only have after installing ultrasn0w and hence u accuse it) , this can be seen clearly if u have a cellular working data plan for 3g or edge and u watched the settings > general > usage > cellular network data (sent & received are continuously increasing even without using any internet traffics on the phone) , this will also render the phone going hot even in stand by mode and also very rapid battery drainage occurs plus consuming ur data if you were not on an unlimited plan.

Activating an iphone by pwnage tool or redsn0w will cost you a lot and slow drain your battery. i hope we will get a solution for this soon. now i disable my 3g and celluar data

The Following User Says Thank You to yonylove For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2010, 20:32   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 386250
Thanks Meter: 160
lol..this is really really old topic..didnt u check the update??chk the redsn0w update..they already fixed this..dont give people false info unless u know anything..
Old 12-20-2010, 22:35   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanimr2002 View Post
lol..this is really really old topic..didnt u check the update??chk the redsn0w update..they already fixed this..dont give people false info unless u know anything..
please share the solution with a step by step guide. i know many people want to know the solution like me. the idea of the forum is to share and learn so if you have or know the solution share it. its is much more welcomed than a critic.
Old 12-20-2010, 22:44   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 272319
Thanks Meter: 99
Solution, explations and step by step manual exist, just do a SEARCH man ...
Old 12-20-2010, 22:48   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by janda View Post
Solution, explations and step by step manual exist, just do a SEARCH man ...
yup man i also explained the same thing....i dont know where this member came from?/they dont even want to search..they always need one click solution..
Old 12-20-2010, 22:49   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonylove View Post
please share the solution with a step by step guide. i know many people want to know the solution like me. the idea of the forum is to share and learn so if you have or know the solution share it. its is much more welcomed than a critic.
chk the sticky thread buddy..u will find it..no need to explain anymore i think..
Old 12-21-2010, 05:15   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 133436
Sonork: 100.1577364
Thanks Meter: 191
Quote:
After activating my iphone 3gs with redsn0w_win_0.9.6b6 while been on the 06.15.00 base band, my service provider data usage becomes extremely high. the service provider is charging me a lot so i went to find out and here is what i found.
Here is the statement from Sherif Hashim:
On a very important side note, before anyone starts to complain about battery drainage issues after installing the new ultrasn0w on the 6.15.00 updated BB, the culprit here is not ultrasn0w, it’s the hacktivation process (activating the phone by pwnage tool or redsn0w rather than using an official carrier sim to do so) that u mostly did while jailbreaking.
The 4.1 and 4.2.1 ipsws unlike their old ancestors, seem to keep looking for valid push certificates all the time, either thru your wifi, or thru your cellular data network (which u only have after installing ultrasn0w and hence u accuse it) , this can be seen clearly if u have a cellular working data plan for 3g or edge and u watched the settings > general > usage > cellular network data (sent & received are continuously increasing even without using any internet traffics on the phone) , this will also render the phone going hot even in stand by mode and also very rapid battery drainage occurs plus consuming ur data if you were not on an unlimited plan.

Activating an iphone by pwnage tool or redsn0w will cost you a lot and slow drain your battery. i hope we will get a solution for this soon. now i disable my 3g and celluar data

i got awared, thanks for your usefull post, your friendly neighbour.

Take Care
ENJOY
The Following User Says Thank You to imran_qasim For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2010, 09:39   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

The issue comes from iOS 4.1 and 4.2.1 which constantly look for valid push certificates, either via wifi or your data plan (Edge or 3G). This runs down you battery and may even cause your iPhone to overheat. If you didn’t hacktivate your iPhone but simply activated it with an official carrier (ie AT&T in the US), you shouldn’t have any problem.

If on the other end you did hacktivate your iPhone, you might be experiencing the battery drain issue. Fortunately, there is now a fix for it…

Developer @sbingner (author of TetherMe) has made some excellent progress devising a new hactivation method that kills two birds with one stone for all you ultrasn0w unlockers. His tool, “Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM)” tricks your iPhone and iTunes into creating legitimate activation tickets even though you’re unlocked with ultrasn0w. This means you get the full benefit of push applications, and your battery life increases substantially.

Sbingner explains on his website how to fix this problem by tricking your iPhone and iTunes:

Step 1: Add the following repo in Cydia: http://repo.bingner.com

Step 2: Install “SAM” and “SAMPrefs” from this repo.

Step 3: Now we’re going to revert to a stock lockdownd for SAM to function. To do so, download RedSn0w 0.9.6b6 from our downloads section, launch RedSn0w and select the “Deactivate” option. This will remove the normal patches made to lockdownd and let SAM take over.

Step 4: Go to Settings > SAM, then click “De-Activate iPhone”.

Step 5: Make sure iTunes is on, plug your iPhone and let iTunes activate your iPhone. If iTunes says “Invalid SIM”, you will need to manually select a carrier under Seetings > Carrier.

At this point, you may unlock using UltraSn0w if necessary (see our UltraSn0w tutorial here).

This fix will allow you to get the full benefit of push applications while increasing your battery life substantially.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:30   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

okayi got ur motive atlast..u want to create a thread with a old topic..nothing else..u know everything so y u created this i really dont have idea..this solution already in sticky thread section..i think mod should delte ur post..
Old 12-21-2010, 11:54   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

i know many people out there are paying a lot for there cellular data plan even now with out knowing and i am sure this tread will help many people. i would like to say sorry if you are upset with this post. i think it would very helpful its informative.
Old 12-21-2010, 18:09   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
i know many people out there are paying a lot for there cellular data plan even now with out knowing and i am sure this tread will help many people. i would like to say sorry if you are upset with this post. i think it would very helpful its informative.
and btw its only for 3gs right??and i am using a 3gs right now new bootrom..and i am really happy with it..and dev team already found a baseband downgrade solution..so not to worry..
Old 12-21-2010, 20:33   #12 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 746630
Thanks Meter: 23
Quote:
agree with you,purpose of a forum is shering, to me answer like " use serch button" means " I don't know the answer but don't want look stupid" or even worst " I know the answer, but because I'm mean person won't share it" to write solution or to copy and paste a link takes same amount of time as to write "use serch button" so why not to give an answer rather than write empty advise?
Old 12-21-2010, 21:48   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaireland View Post
agree with you,purpose of a forum is shering, to me answer like " use serch button" means " I don't know the answer but don't want look stupid" or even worst " I know the answer, but because I'm mean person won't share it" to write solution or to copy and paste a link takes same amount of time as to write "use serch button" so why not to give an answer rather than write empty advise?
i got ur point..but using search button doesnt hurt anybody..we know forum about sharing ur experience ur knowledge..but its also doesnt mean u can waste ur forum space....eveytime we suggest all forum member..plz do some search first..then still if u cant find any solution then let us know we will help you..but first read the forum,analyze the forum rather then ask someone..but in this situation this member created this thread just useless..this subject still in sticky thread section..u can check m i right or wrong..here is the thread...http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f456...-team-1150940/
Old 12-21-2010, 21:52   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

and this thread name [Beware]:activating an iphone by pwnage tool or redsn0w will cost you a lot....now tell me why is that..lots of user already updated their baseband and already unlocked so many phns..so all are happy..and now its old topic..we all are focusing on new jailbreak and iphone 4 unlock..and u guys wasting forum with this old crap nothing else..
Old 12-21-2010, 22:39   #15 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 746630
Thanks Meter: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanimr2002 View Post
i got ur point..but using search button doesnt hurt anybody..we know forum about sharing ur experience ur knowledge..but its also doesnt mean u can waste ur forum space....eveytime we suggest all forum member..plz do some search first..then still if u cant find any solution then let us know we will help you..but first read the forum,analyze the forum rather then ask someone..but in this situation this member created this thread just useless..this subject still in sticky thread section..u can check m i right or wrong..here is the thread...http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f456...-team-1150940/
Oh ya "thanks" for your usefull link to a thread with 10 pages of people describing different problems with iphones,you need all day to find the right answer if there any at all, so it's a question who is spaming here....
I'm here few hours using serch button to find why after jailbreak and unlock 3G with 4.2.1 battery get empty in about half en hour which hasn't happened before the unlock,I took a risk with that unlock ( don't blame anybody) so I want to share my experience, with my knowlage of the subject now I wouldn't do it again....