GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 04:45   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1695380
Thanks Meter: 1
Blocked 3GS IMEI suddenly working!

I have an O2 3GS which I have owned for just over a year. It was given to me as it was found sitting on one of the aisles in a supermaket of all places. By the time it was passed on to me it has been blocked by it's owner - I had this confirmed by O2 that the IMEI had been blocked.

I have mainly been using it to check emails on the go using the SIM from my main phone (cheap samsung) and swapping it between the two. In all this time it has never had any problems connecting to 3G but has obviously been unable to connect to the network and make calls.

However about 5 days ago I put my SIM in to check my email and lo and behold I had a signal! I tested it immediately and I was able to make and receive calls & texts. This lasted for nearly 4 days even when the phone was switched off and airplane mode turned on & off. Then suddenly after 4 days I lost the signal and it has never come back.

Has anyone got an explanation for this? I am aware of the youtube video showing how to get a blocked imei to work by swapping sims from another iphone. However the phone that I used the sim card from is just a cheap and cheerful old samsung.

Strange!
Old 12-01-2011, 09:11   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1562066
Sonork: 100.1622824
Thanks Meter: 555
Angry I PHONE INFO BY KHALID Gill

FRIENDS
HERE TEXT DOCUMENTS
OF
I PHONE RESTORE

BR

KHALID Gill

[email protected]
Old 12-01-2011, 09:15   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7844
Thanks Meter: 182
could be several reasons behind this .... maybe the database of blacklisting was out of order

who knows ?
Old 12-01-2011, 09:18   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 731613
Thanks Meter: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cieran View Post
I have an O2 3GS which I have owned for just over a year. It was given to me as it was found sitting on one of the aisles in a supermaket of all places. By the time it was passed on to me it has been blocked by it's owner - I had this confirmed by O2 that the IMEI had been blocked.

I have mainly been using it to check emails on the go using the SIM from my main phone (cheap samsung) and swapping it between the two. In all this time it has never had any problems connecting to 3G but has obviously been unable to connect to the network and make calls.

However about 5 days ago I put my SIM in to check my email and lo and behold I had a signal! I tested it immediately and I was able to make and receive calls & texts. This lasted for nearly 4 days even when the phone was switched off and airplane mode turned on & off. Then suddenly after 4 days I lost the signal and it has never come back.

Has anyone got an explanation for this? I am aware of the youtube video showing how to get a blocked imei to work by swapping sims from another iphone. However the phone that I used the sim card from is just a cheap and cheerful old samsung.

Strange!
I think it must have been a 'glitch' in the blacklist database and you just fell lucky for a few days
Old 12-01-2011, 12:29   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 458909
Thanks Meter: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cieran View Post

Strange!
They did that to allow you to make some calls. This is done to get your telephone number, and if youre on contract, all your details. They are attempting to trace the phone. Thats what they do in South Africa.
Run Forrest, run!
Old 12-01-2011, 17:23   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynsak View Post
They did that to allow you to make some calls. This is done to get your telephone number, and if youre on contract, all your details. They are attempting to trace the phone. Thats what they do in South Africa.
Run Forrest, run!
I doubt they are doing that because the exact same thing happened about 6 months ago but only for a couple of hours. As soon as I lost reception I couldn't get the signal back. When it happened then i assumed it for a database blacklisting blip. But this time it appeared to me that there was some sort of process at play swapping the sim over which allowed it to work.

Even if they do chase me I haven't done anything wrong
Old 12-02-2011, 16:43   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1191
Thanks Meter: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH KHALID Gill View Post
FRIENDS
HERE TEXT DOCUMENTS
OF
I PHONE RESTORE

BR

KHALID Gill

[email protected]

and password for RAR file is ?
Old 12-03-2011, 03:25   #8 (permalink)

Does anyone else have an explanation for this or shall I just put it down to a one-off?