GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 19:07   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1461424
Thanks Meter: 21
Smile Can someone create a custom firmware for my 3GS?

Heya

I have a 3GS with custom 4.2.1 firmware and 6.1.5.00 baseband right now, but I need to get Cydia installed - which isn't possible through redsn0w when the custom .ipsw isnt recognized. I need to go through DFU-mode and iTunes restore.

Therefore, I need a new custom 4.2.1 firmware with:
Firmware 4.2.1
Baseband 6.15.00 (iPad)
Cydia with ultrasn0w source (repo666.ultrasn0w.com)

So anyone with a Mac and PwnageTool out there? I do need this CFW sooo bad!

Please!
/Krux
The Following User Says Thank You to kruxillimux For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2010, 22:46   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintune View Post
You need to use search this is getting so boring
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f456...-here-1160460/
Thanks! I tried to search, but I do suck real hard at it.
Still there's no custom 4.2.1 IPSW for 3GS in that thread... Need one with BB 6.15.00 and Cydia/unlocked.

And btw, is "Activated (for UnOfficial Carrier Users)" what i'm looking for? As to using the phone with any carrier. Kinda like it's been modified with ultrasn0w (repo666.ultrasn0w.com)?

Last edited by kruxillimux; 12-13-2010 at 22:52.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:33   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
I see it:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/6671549-post7.html

But as I said, I already have a custom firmware installd. I need another one, with Cydia/ultrasn0w/unlocked.

What is the difference between Activated and Not Activated? Is it for all carriers, and the bound carrier?
Old 12-14-2010, 10:58   #4 (permalink)

No I can not. None of the guides are for custom firmware, with what I need.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:45   #5 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1467683
Thanks Meter: 10
It can only be done With ultra snow download al deb files u need and make it in Ultra snow for only 4.1 but there is no Custom yet for 4.2.1 even i am on the search I tried unlocking it but it had unlocked no signal only O2 signal is working dont know what to do even i am stuck like u
Old 12-14-2010, 12:11   #6 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1467683
Thanks Meter: 10
Sorry with red snow u can do it
Old 12-14-2010, 20:16   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 773305
Thanks Meter: 14
Had this problem and it is simple to solve. (I had to do it with the iphone that would not receive telephone calls that I posted earlier.)

First you use redsnow to put the iphone into PWN Mode.
U can use Itunes to restore the iphone with custom firmware. The one I used the iphone is not activated. Not a problem.

U use redsnow again and this time you use 4.2.1 firmware (I had to cause the iphone did not have SHSH blog saved for any older firmware.), but not custom, official firmware.

Install cydia, no need to install baseband update cause it already been done with the custom firmware.

Once the phone is jailbroken the iphone will boot but will be struck with the apple logo.

Turn iphone off (hold power button and home button at the same time) with it plug in the computer.

Using redsnow and choose the same firmware as before ticked Tetered boot mode. Follow instructions.

It will now load the iphone, and it will be activated.

Turn on wifi, Goto Cydia, choose user, let it download all the updates, choose complete update.

Phone will reboot

Will need to do a tetered mode boot again using redsnow.

Goto Cydia once phone restart, choose to install ultrasnow.

Will need to do a tetered mode boot again using redsnow

Goto cydia once phone restart, choose to run ultrasnow.

Phone is now unlocked, activated recieve/mak calls on 4.2.1 6.15 Baseband using the customfirmware initally.

One thing to warn if you ever turn the phone off / restart it, the phone will need to be tetered boot using redsnow. Maybe in the future it will get fixed.
The Following User Says Thank You to iceburnmarko For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2010, 22:24   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceburnmarko View Post
Had this problem and it is simple to solve. (I had to do it with the iphone that would not receive telephone calls that I posted earlier.)

First you use redsnow to put the iphone into PWN Mode.
U can use Itunes to restore the iphone with custom firmware. The one I used the iphone is not activated. Not a problem.

U use redsnow again and this time you use 4.2.1 firmware (I had to cause the iphone did not have SHSH blog saved for any older firmware.), but not custom, official firmware.

Install cydia, no need to install baseband update cause it already been done with the custom firmware.

Once the phone is jailbroken the iphone will boot but will be struck with the apple logo.

Turn iphone off (hold power button and home button at the same time) with it plug in the computer.

Using redsnow and choose the same firmware as before ticked Tetered boot mode. Follow instructions.

It will now load the iphone, and it will be activated.

Turn on wifi, Goto Cydia, choose user, let it download all the updates, choose complete update.

Phone will reboot

Will need to do a tetered mode boot again using redsnow.

Goto Cydia once phone restart, choose to install ultrasnow.

Goto cydia once phone restart, choose to run ultrasnow.

Phone is now unlocked, activated recieve/mak calls on 4.2.1 6.15 Baseband using the customfirmware initally.

One thing to warn if you ever turn the phone off / restart it, the phone will need to be tetered boot using redsnow. Maybe in the future it will get fixed.
Well, thanks I guess! I haven't got time to check it out now. But still, I'm looking for a non-tethered version. Hope my friend or someone else can make me a IPSW, and that'll help.
Old 12-15-2010, 00:01   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 773305
Thanks Meter: 14
at the moment Iphone 3GS on 4.2.1 is non-tethered. The hackers are working on it, at the moment. One team is trying to find other loophole and the other will be using a saved SHSH blog from an older firmware to do something like the ipad baseband to fool the iphone it is on an earlier firmware when it is not. Also tinyumbella will soon be able to flash the iphone without itunes. So if you want non-tethered you have to stay away from 4.2.1 for now customised or non customised make no difference.
Old 12-15-2010, 00:32   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceburnmarko View Post
at the moment Iphone 3GS on 4.2.1 is non-tethered. The hackers are working on it, at the moment. One team is trying to find other loophole and the other will be using a saved SHSH blog from an older firmware to do something like the ipad baseband to fool the iphone it is on an earlier firmware when it is not. Also tinyumbella will soon be able to flash the iphone without itunes. So if you want non-tethered you have to stay away from 4.2.1 for now customised or non customised make no difference.
In that case, I have disproven your complete post? I have custom 4.2.1 now, and I can reboot without the computer. Or have i misunderstood anything? Thanks for the discussion btw.

Wellwell, I'm still looking for a custom IPSW made from a Mac with my preferences.
Old 12-15-2010, 21:50   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Buy a Mac and be the 1st to do and help and stop spamming.
Stop being an ***.
This thread is as important as all other threads for the particiluar TS. I asked if someone could create this simple file, not for any tip on how to do something i've already done.

So - anyone in here on Mac who can do me this big favour?
Old 12-15-2010, 22:35   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
BUY A MAC STOP SPAMING,, NO one going to help a person of your kind.
Go to H-ell and RIP.
Are you ****ing kidding me? Stop visiting this thread if you don't want to help.
"My kind", please..
Old 12-16-2010, 00:45   #13 (permalink)

Member: 1469115
Thanks Meter: 4
Krux is looking for a CUSTOM 4.2.1 build as he has updated his baseband to the iPad version of 06.15.00.
The latest baseband at the moment is 05.13.02, something like that.
Therefore, restoring to the stock 4.2.1 release will error out, as you cannot downgrade your baseband.

Redsn0w does not accept custom IPSW's, which means that if he cannot restore to the stock 4.2.1, and NOT use custom IPSW's for redsn0w, he needs a PRE-jailbroken and PRE-unlocked IPSW to restore to, in iTunes.
The IPSW also needs to be bundled with the 06.15.00 baseband.
Without redsn0w, he cannot jailbreak nor hacktivate. Without a jailbreak, he cannot unlock. Without an unlock, no phone calls, no texting, no 3G.

I'll try to get the IPSW for you. I know a guy who hopefully can get it done, but I can't make any promises as him and I are not such excellent friends. (Casual internet relationship is what we have)

Lastly, the jailbreaking state of 4.2.1 on 3GS varies from phone to phone. Newer bootroms are tethered while the versions with old bootroms are using a mashup of old exploit to get untethered. (I use this, my 3GS runs BB 06.15.00 with 4.2.1, untethered)

Quote:
Buy a Mac and be the 1st to do and help and stop spamming.
Buy a Mac? Do tell what your standing point is. Buying a whole other computer running a completely different OS for the sake of creating a custom IPSW for the sake of restoring a PHONE?! (It's JUST a phone!)
Buying a new computer for the sake of HELPING others? I don't think that releasing a custom firmware for people at the expense of buying a $1500 machine is justified by thousands of replies such as "thx dlin nao, plz make mirror uplod".

If anyone is spamming, you are. "Help or don't post" is a common forum etiquette rule. I say abide it or get the hell out of here. Troll.

Quote:
BUY A MAC STOP SPAMING,, NO one going to help a person of your kind.
Go to H-ell and RIP.
Get a haircut and learn english. Nobody is going to respect a person who cannot make proper use of swears, while using the equivalent sentence structure of a six year old.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FBJoomla For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2010, 09:46   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 133436
Sonork: 100.1577364
Thanks Meter: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by kruxillimux View Post
In that case, I have disproven your complete post? I have custom 4.2.1 now, and I can reboot without the computer. Or have i misunderstood anything? Thanks for the discussion btw.

Wellwell, I'm still looking for a custom IPSW made from a Mac with my preferences.
first of all i must mention you are a small kid who knows nothing and asking help first learn ABC of iPhone then search solution try to understand them and then reply

1) you don't know what you are asking and what you need .
2) you don't know what is thetered and what is non-thetered.
3) you don't know what is CYDIA ULTRASN0W and CUSTOM IPSW.
4) you don't know what is difference between CUSTOM and STOCK IPSW.
5) you don't know when iTune Accept CUSTOM IPSW and where to select Stock IPSW.

so solution to your problem goto a professional shop who is unlocking/jailbreaking iPhone and he will do rest for you and you rest in peace.

NOTE: Nothing personal no Offence but this guy is really spamming and he knows nothing.

Take Care
ENJOY
Old 12-16-2010, 11:23   #15 (permalink)

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by imran_qasim View Post
first of all i must mention you are a small kid who knows nothing and asking help first learn ABC of iPhone then search solution try to understand them and then reply

1) you don't know what you are asking and what you need .
2) you don't know what is thetered and what is non-thetered.
3) you don't know what is CYDIA ULTRASN0W and CUSTOM IPSW.
4) you don't know what is difference between CUSTOM and STOCK IPSW.
5) you don't know when iTune Accept CUSTOM IPSW and where to select Stock IPSW.

so solution to your problem goto a professional shop who is unlocking/jailbreaking iPhone and he will do rest for you and you rest in peace.

NOTE: Nothing personal no Offence but this guy is really spamming and he knows nothing.

Take Care
ENJOY
You probably have no freakin' idea of what "spamming" means.
Also, I can't interpret your list (because it's written in handicapped english), but:

1) I have mentioned it over and over again, so yeah - I do know what I need.
2) The principal of having to use a computer to boot the phone if it's tethered - I do know. But in the technical aspect, I do not. That's why I'm in this freakin' forum, asking for help.
3) There's no such thing as "Cydia Ulstrasn0w", it's different things. Cydia is a extended installer for jailbreaked devices, and Ultrasn0w is a source to install through Cydia - to be able to use other carriers then the bound one.
4) Stock IPSW are the ones Apple release and has configured. Custom IPSW are configured with the preferences of the creator.
5) I haven't said anything about iTunes not accepting custom IPSW's. You simply click Shift + Click "Restore".

Have I answered your misspelled retarded questions? I have no ****ing idea of your grammar problems, but enhance them and come back with ENGLISH.
I have been searching for the solution all over the place, but the only answer I get from you people are the one where you tell me to use redsn0w.
YOU know NOTHING, because it doesn't work. YOU can NOT use english properly and/or understand my descriptions in perfect english.
The only good answer of what to do I got from a forum located in my country (Sweden), and I took the question of creating a custom IPSW for me here - hoping you should be a bit more experienced.

/Krux