GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 16:24   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1747896
Thanks Meter: 0
Cant use SAM activation ticket unlock method on iOS 6.1.2

After I replace the Lockdown folder in var/root/Library with the folder containing my activation ticket, I reboot my iPhone 4 and it gets stuck at Apple logo! Plss help!
Old 02-27-2013, 00:31   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 501219
Thanks Meter: 27
try booth theathered
I have a sam for my sim still on 5.1.1
dont know if ios6 is supported for the sam unlock/actavation

post results please
Old 02-27-2013, 14:43   #3 (permalink)

Can't boot tethered because Redsn0w says missing .plist (some kind of a file)
Old 03-01-2013, 21:01   #4 (permalink)

Member: 1892467
its ishu here..dude...i got the solution to this problem...here is what you need to do 1.do the upgrade via itunes by going to pawned dfu mode with help of redsnow and get ios 6.1.2 dont think of preserving the baseband coz u can unlock any baseband with sam ticket

(dont thnk they will release any ultrasnow or smthng lyk tht in future for the unlock so worthless preserving baseband it will just bring up errors in process LOL)

if u dnt hav the official sim card then the phone wont activate and u will be trapped in activation screen so here u need to bypass the activation screen..
so here you need to trick redsnow (u need ios 6.0 too)
go to redsnow
select ipsw
select ios 6.0 NOT the 6.1.2
then back and jailbreak...(otherwise you will get error sayin build not identified..)
now in next step you will b asked restore activation tkt so do tht here keep the whole zip file for tht particular phone
and jailbreak......
now as this redsnow is theatered one just boot again using the ios 6.0.
now lunch cydia and hope you are getting the signal bars with a great smile on your face.......yet not done theres a tricky part to come next..
let cydia download packages and all....and add the repo bingner and install sam here...i dont thnk it will throw any error bt let me know if u get any...
then it will ask you to respring your device(or may not)..do that....and launch samprefs on your springboard..here
disable the sam here..
thats it you must b good to go....
AS REDSNOW HAVENT GIVEN US THE UNTHEATERED VERSION FOR IOS 6.1.2 SO U NEED REDSNOW AND TRICK IT USING IOS 6.0 EVERY TIME YOU BOOT YOUR DEVICE......IN MY POINT OF VIEW YOU MAY ALSO JAILBREAK IT AGAIN USING EVASION 1.5 WHICH IS UNTHEATER BUT IT MAY/WILL THROW YOU A LOTS OF ERROR DURING INSTALLING CYDIA PACKAGES AND UTILITIES AND TOOLS AND THE DEVELOPERS TEAM HAVENT RECOMMENDED JAILBREAKING AGAIN SO JUST TO BE ON SAFE SIDE I RECOMMEND NOT TO JAILBREAK IT USING EVASION..

LET ME KNOW IF U HAV ANY MORE QUERRIES....<PEACE V >
Old 03-02-2013, 23:53   #5 (permalink)

Tnx for your advice ishu. I tried it your way but it didn't work unfortunately. When I try to restore activation ticket using redsn0w, the program stops working. I'm guessing because iOS 6.1.2 doesn't work with redsn0w yet.
Old 03-03-2013, 20:16   #6 (permalink)

Any other suggestions?
Old 03-04-2013, 03:12   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 564049
Thanks Meter: 100
SAM activation ticket not work in ios verion 6.1.2 ,downgrade ios version now if you have shsh

Last edited by thanhman18; 03-04-2013 at 03:21.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:51   #8 (permalink)

Member: 1893704
Sonork: 92860
I tried it your way but it didn't work unfortunately.