GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 17:42   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1401409
Thanks Meter: 4
Contest: Who is the fastest iPhone screen repairer on GSM Forum?

You may have heard repair shops claim to have very fast, or "the fastest" iPhone screen repair times. But most of these people just have dreams in the sky, there is only one fastest! But who is it? If you need the quickest iPhone screen replacement possible, where in the world should you go?

So, ladies and gentlemen, I introduce the GSM Forum iPhone Screen Repair Time Challenge. A great chance to show off your skills! Everyone is invited, and the results will surely be fascinating. It's all just a bit of fun, and hopefully it will inspire us all and help us increase our repair skills and reduce repair times. Unless you think you are one of the fastest... in which case it's a serious matter!

There are three categories, in increasing order of necessary time and skill.

Category one. Easy
3G/3GS full digitizer/LCD midframe assembly replacement, pre-assembled
Just undo the two bottom screws, take out the old assembly, slot in a new one, put screws back in, done.

Category two. Less easy
3G/3GS digitizer midframe assembly installation (with no LCD)
Same as Category one, but you need to use the original LCD from the previous iPhone, it must be screwed onto the new pre-assembled digitizer assembly

Category three. Hard
iPhone 4 digitizer / LCD assembly install.
Full install, if you've done one before you know what it involves.

This contest will go for one week, after which the category winners will be winners will worshipped and presented with 40 beautiful virgins.

Rules :
1) You must be honest, (video proof may be needed if your times become unbelievable)
2) You can retry throughout the week and update your time as you progress.
3) A stop watch (or iPhone stop watch) must be used for all official times, no guess work or wrist*******.
4) At start time, the iPhone must have all screws and frame in place, as it would be if handed to you by a customer. If there are any faults in the finished install (eg. sensors or buttons not working, screws need retightening, something breaks etc) then that time is void.
5) At finish time, the iPhone must be completely finished with all screws and parts correctly in place, the screen must sit flush and neat. Also everything must work and must be the to the standard necessary to hand it back to a customer.
6) One repairer per iPhone.
7) Please feel free to enter, even if you are just a amateur or even first time repairer.
7) Special awards for most improved, biggest Whoops! and slowest times!

Good luck everyone, let's find out who is the fastest!
Old 12-17-2010, 17:49   #2 (permalink)

Member: 1401409
Thanks Meter: 4
I'll go first. I tried measuring all of these several times with different customer iPhones, and my times quickly dropped, to under half in all cases!

Category 1
1 minute 10 seconds.

I tried this 2 or 3 times before it went really smoothly.

Category 2
3 minutes and 10 seconds.

Had lots of practice at this one.

Category 3
17 minutes and 3 seconds

The first time I measured my iPhone 4 time about a week ago it was 37 minutes.
Got some new screwdrivers and got the time down to about 21 minutes. Then today I set my new personal best of 17 minutes and 3 seconds.

How fast could you do it in if you tried? Why not time it and post it up in the contest!
Old 12-18-2010, 03:12   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 118221
Thanks Meter: 8
Category 1
21 seconds.

Category 2

Category 3
9 mins

I AM THE BEST
Old 12-18-2010, 03:24   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 771230
Thanks Meter: 773
I like the chalange....................but I see a lot of repairs by other people that the change the digitazer and the work done Its been done QUICK ( I mean like a BLIND FOLDED PIG DONE IT)

If you are too quick doing the job..........................100% the job not done properly!! or ask your wifes or g/f if you don't belive me!!

actually the time that takes you to do it means nothing I would like to see the quality of the job!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alexlaboratory For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 12-18-2010, 03:29   #5 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 849979
Sonork: 100.1603463
Thanks Meter: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlaboratory View Post
I like the chalange....................but I see a lot of repairs by other people that the change the digitazer and the work done Its been done QUICK ( I mean like a BLIND FOLDED PIG DONE IT)

If you are too quick doing the job..........................100% the job not done properly!! or ask your wifes or g/f if you don't belive me!!

actually the time that takes you to do it means nothing I would like to see the quality of the job!!
sure even if u spend 10 min more quality counts as we dont like to have customers back complaining about the sloppy work
The Following User Says Thank You to darksman For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2010, 04:40   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 51716
Sonork: 100.1594676
Thanks Meter: 217
show the photos of the 40 virgins in order to motivate contestants
Old 12-18-2010, 05:24   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 771230
Thanks Meter: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by benguetcowboy1 View Post
show the photos of the 40 virgins in order to motivate contestants

yaa good idea...........................also must be female virgins!!
Old 12-18-2010, 06:59   #8 (permalink)
Cheater -Don't Deal with him-

Member: 1294693
Sonork: 100.1591739
Thanks Meter: 483
i dont know,whos is fastest
but i know one member in forum got mad
Old 12-18-2010, 07:06   #9 (permalink)
Cheater -Don't Deal with him-

Member: 142219
Sonork: 100.107814,
Thanks Meter: 368
Quote:
i like the chalange....................but i see a lot of repairs by other people that the change the digitazer and the work done its been done quick ( i mean like a blind folded pig done it)

if you are too quick doing the job..........................100% the job not done properly!! Or ask your wifes or g/f if you don't belive me!!

Actually the time that takes you to do it means nothing i would like to see the quality of the job!!
hahahahahah.... Ya times matters ...................
Old 12-18-2010, 07:52   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 383297
Sonork: 100.1591997
Thanks Meter: 54
Quote:

yaaaaa, it's really true.....
Old 12-18-2010, 07:56   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 19723
Thanks Meter: 359
Stupid thread ..........
Old 12-18-2010, 09:47   #12 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 992614
Thanks Meter: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernome View Post
Stupid thread ..........
I reakon
***** swinging contest.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:00   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 256247
Thanks Meter: 444
Stupid thread ..........
Old 12-18-2010, 10:30   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 553178
Sonork: 100.1592454
Thanks Meter: 957
Donate money to this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhoneLove View Post
You may have heard repair shops claim to have very fast, or "the fastest" iPhone screen repair times. But most of these people just have dreams in the sky, there is only one fastest! But who is it? If you need the quickest iPhone screen replacement possible, where in the world should you go?

So, ladies and gentlemen, I introduce the GSM Forum iPhone Screen Repair Time Challenge. A great chance to show off your skills! Everyone is invited, and the results will surely be fascinating. It's all just a bit of fun, and hopefully it will inspire us all and help us increase our repair skills and reduce repair times. Unless you think you are one of the fastest... in which case it's a serious matter!

There are three categories, in increasing order of necessary time and skill.

Category one. Easy
3G/3GS full digitizer/LCD midframe assembly replacement, pre-assembled
Just undo the two bottom screws, take out the old assembly, slot in a new one, put screws back in, done.

Category two. Less easy
3G/3GS digitizer midframe assembly installation (with no LCD)
Same as Category one, but you need to use the original LCD from the previous iPhone, it must be screwed onto the new pre-assembled digitizer assembly

Category three. Hard
iPhone 4 digitizer / LCD assembly install.
Full install, if you've done one before you know what it involves.

This contest will go for one week, after which the category winners will be winners will worshipped and presented with 40 beautiful virgins.

Rules :
1) You must be honest, (video proof may be needed if your times become unbelievable)
2) You can retry throughout the week and update your time as you progress.
3) A stop watch (or iPhone stop watch) must be used for all official times, no guess work or wrist*******.
4) At start time, the iPhone must have all screws and frame in place, as it would be if handed to you by a customer. If there are any faults in the finished install (eg. sensors or buttons not working, screws need retightening, something breaks etc) then that time is void.
5) At finish time, the iPhone must be completely finished with all screws and parts correctly in place, the screen must sit flush and neat. Also everything must work and must be the to the standard necessary to hand it back to a customer.
6) One repairer per iPhone.
7) Please feel free to enter, even if you are just a amateur or even first time repairer.
7) Special awards for most improved, biggest Whoops! and slowest times!

Good luck everyone, let's find out who is the fastest!

He started the thread because he is selling Iphone LCD,s and he know the fastest way to break LCD,s.

let see who will be first lcd cracker. please post here if you break the lcd during fastest changing.

and don't blame him if you got any loss. a useless thread from this guy it's my thinking do your work like this guy if you want to win the race.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:38   #15 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 97600
Thanks Meter: 97
here is your virgin cloned 40 times not sure if its 100% female.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sb.jpg (6.2 KB, 15 views)