GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 20:37   #1 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 480048
Sonork: 480048
Thanks Meter: 20
GeoHot Says Goodbye to the Jailbreak Scene

GeoHot, the little genius behind the original iPhone unlock, Blackra1n jailbreak and BlackSn0w unlock says GoodBye to the jailbreak Scene. After teasing us with an iPhone 4 jailbreak (later called fake) GeoHot not only closed his blog to public but also deleted his Twitter account.

What did encourage his decision to leave the Jailbreak community forever? Well, GeoHot has been complaining for a while about people harassing him about jailbreaks and release dates. In his last post on his blog (not accessible now) he shared a screenshot of jailbroken iPhone 4 and said he has no plans to release it. In return he met with hate and negative response from the public. Then he updated his blog post with this:------- Sorry, this post was probably a bad idea. Next time I won’t say anything. I miss when this blog was actually about technical things (I’ve been reacting too much to the feedback, which led it to the place it’s in now). I didn’t fully realize most of the current scene don’t care unless they are getting something. Now I do. It’s late tonight, I’ll think about what to do about this in the morning.
Old 07-14-2010, 21:56   #2 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 8949
Thanks Meter: 13
maybe Steve Jobs little "donate" mr GEOHOT? maybe it's real reason opposite to "blog/twitter/forum" exaltation?

Anyway - we expect nothing from mr GEOHOT

regards
Old 07-14-2010, 23:02   #3 (permalink)

Member: 1337446
Thanks Meter: 0
when do not have chances to go ahead, jumps out and an excuse. For me this scene is old already
Old 07-14-2010, 23:18   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 503664
Thanks Meter: 61
maybe no more jailbrake forever and we can buy only sim free iphone and all be happy a?
then ok
wait next 6 month for somebody to make jailbrake for 3gs,4g...
Old 07-14-2010, 23:50   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 315972
Thanks Meter: 17
Yes I think he is right.
Some people just wanna have something for their purposes if they don't see it then
starting to talk ****s ....this kind of attitude deserve nothing and even discourage coder
who try to help in the future.
Those beggars ,leechers need to pay for their UL phones business instead of getting freebees .
Good Luck GEOHOT
Old 07-15-2010, 00:52   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 330136
Thanks Meter: 37
Bad news. u r right geo team. that kind of people deserve really bull****. they r always waiting for free and urgent work. **** them.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:21   #7 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1279242
Thanks Meter: 16
What did you expect !

All you people would not leave him be !

Im surprised he didnt make a virus and fuk all your iphones.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:26   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 771230
Thanks Meter: 773
NOW! mr Geohotz sure he is a genious no doubt about it...........we all people that made money out of his work we SAY THANK YOU!

I Apologise for DUMB ****s that harrase him in the past...that is no way to treat such a GOOD PERSON!

BUT to every body WHO think that geohotz is the ONLY GENIOUS well that YOU ARE WRONG!
The REASON no one else has done it or put effort to do it, it's because DEV and Geo and the rest of the teams do it for FREE and FUN.

so no genious will waste the time witout something in return

UNFORUNELLY THE GINIUSES THAT DID DO IT FOR FREE ARE FUCCKED BY THE FREE BEGGERS OF THE WORLD!!

Br
Alex
The Following User Says Thank You to alexlaboratory For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2010, 09:24   #9 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 8949
Thanks Meter: 13
Geohot isn't a GENIUS - it's only human and very skilled programmer. But his last behaviour isn't cool. He's made JB for 4/3GS NEW BOOT and he's not want to release it. OK. His work - his decision. But form and style of that decision.....

There's nothing else I can say.... (c) Lady Gaga :P
Old 07-16-2010, 02:08   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 771230
Thanks Meter: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by national View Post
Geohot isn't a GENIUS - it's only human and very skilled programmer. But his last behaviour isn't cool. He's made JB for 4/3GS NEW BOOT and he's not want to release it. OK. His work - his decision. But form and style of that decision.....

There's nothing else I can say.... (c) Lady Gaga :P

Well heohots got offer a job in google....and only very f...king smart people get a job offer from such company. Ofcurse he is HUMAN that the first recuariment for been a GENIUS..........I guess you gelous

His behaviour ins't cool??? he can make a time machine why in hell would he share with you, what are his brother or father or best friend my guess is NO.!
Also he is not you employee either!!

If his does or he doesn't it's 200% HIS DECISTION and we shall respect it.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:51   #11 (permalink)

Member: 1345685
Thanks Meter: 9
Geohot has surely withdrawn from the iPhone 4 jailbreak and unlock. He tweeted about it and also wrote in his blog about it.
See his Tweets and Details