GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 15:10   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 800668
Sonork: 100.1590720
Thanks Meter: 882
Donate money to this user
How to Fix itune “ERROR 14″ While Updating Your iPhone | iPad | iPod Touch

I even­tu­ally took a scroll through the crash dump which iTunes was sug­gest­ing I should send to Apple for analy­sis. It appeared from the logs that the updated OS image was fail­ing a check­sum ver­i­fi­ca­tion i.e. it had been cor­rupted dur­ing the down­load. A few min­utes of search­ing pro­vided the infor­ma­tion needed to fix the problem:
  1. Un-dock and shut­down the iPad (Note: You will not see the ‘Red’ power down slider in this state)
  2. Shut­down iTunes
  3. Delete the pre­vi­ously down­loaded soft­ware update file which you will find in these loca­tion depend­ing on your system:
    1. Mac Loca­tion: /users/<user name>/Library/iTunes/iPad Soft­ware Updates
    2. PC Loca­tion (Pre Win­dows 7): \Doc­u­ments and Settings\<User>\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPad Soft­ware Updates
    3. PC Loca­tion (Win­dows 7): \Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Soft­ware Updates
  4. ‘Empty Trash’ to be on the safe side.
  5. Restart iTunes
  6. Dock iPad
  7. Fol­low the prompts to have iTunes down­load the OS upgrade again
  8. Once down­loaded iTunes should auto­mat­i­cally upgrade the iPad with the new OS and bring it out of restore mode.
  9. This will restore the iPad to fac­tory settings
  10. Once the fac­tory restore is com­plete iTunes will let you fur­ther restore the iPad from the most recent backup of the device before it encoun­tered the prob­lems. This should recover your apps, data and user settings.
I hope this fix will also work if you get ‘Error 14′ dur­ing an apple device update. The down­load files will be found at the same loca­tions except in the ‘iPhone Soft­ware Updates’ directory.
I hope this helps if you been try­ing to recover from this very annoy­ing and frus­trat­ing problem.

Br.
Shashank
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shashankmobile For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 05-06-2014, 08:02   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1180290
Sonork: 100.1652502
Thanks Meter: 73
Donate money to this user
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankmobile View Post
I even*tu*ally took a scroll through the crash dump which iTunes was sug*gest*ing I should send to Apple for analy*sis. It appeared from the logs that the updated OS image was fail*ing a check*sum ver*i*fi*ca*tion i.e. it had been cor*rupted dur*ing the down*load. A few min*utes of search*ing pro*vided the infor*ma*tion needed to fix the problem:
  1. Un-dock and shut*down the iPad (Note: You will not see the ‘Red’ power down slider in this state)
  2. Shut*down iTunes
  3. Delete the pre*vi*ously down*loaded soft*ware update file which you will find in these loca*tion depend*ing on your system:
    1. Mac Loca*tion: /users/<user name>/Library/iTunes/iPad Soft*ware Updates
    2. PC Loca*tion (Pre Win*dows 7): \Doc*u*ments and Settings\<User>\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPad Soft*ware Updates
    3. PC Loca*tion (Win*dows 7): \Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Soft*ware Updates
  4. ‘Empty Trash’ to be on the safe side.
  5. Restart iTunes
  6. Dock iPad
  7. Fol*low the prompts to have iTunes down*load the OS upgrade again
  8. Once down*loaded iTunes should auto*mat*i*cally upgrade the iPad with the new OS and bring it out of restore mode.
  9. This will restore the iPad to fac*tory settings
  10. Once the fac*tory restore is com*plete iTunes will let you fur*ther restore the iPad from the most recent backup of the device before it encoun*tered the prob*lems. This should recover your apps, data and user settings.
I hope this fix will also work if you get ‘Error 14′ dur*ing an apple device update. The down*load files will be found at the same loca*tions except in the ‘iPhone Soft*ware Updates’ directory.
I hope this helps if you been try*ing to recover from this very annoy*ing and frus*trat*ing problem.

Br.
Shashank
tried this but still same.......
Old 05-06-2014, 08:42   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 946836
Thanks Meter: 17
in 7.1.1 try in 3 pc still not working dude,,,

maybe u have another solution or experience for the error 14

thanks before
Old 05-06-2014, 09:17   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 682054
Sonork: 100.1602688
Thanks Meter: 144
no solution yet bro..........................im still waiting for it did the same procedure but no luck ......................plz need some help from iphone experts.................
Old 05-07-2014, 10:17   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 666362
Thanks Meter: 134
Resolve specific iTunes update and restore errors
Old 05-07-2014, 10:21   #6 (permalink)

Member: 2170869
Sonork: bnbmobilec
Thanks Meter: 2
how to solve error 21 on iTunes?
Old 05-15-2014, 10:39   #7 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 2146207
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by killme12 View Post
no solution yet bro..........................im still waiting for it did the same procedure but no luck ......................plz need some help from iphone experts.................
Did you find a solution ? I have the same problem
Old 05-15-2014, 10:45   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1199125
Sonork: 100.1609676
Thanks Meter: 297
i have also same problem from last 15 days anyone have any idea plz explain
The Following User Says Thank You to GSM_HABIB For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2014, 10:52   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1766567
Thanks Meter: 1,788
The solution is simple and easy. you just need to delete the previously downloaded update / upgrade file (iOS firmware file with .ipsw file extension). To resolve the error follow these steps:-

Close iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC / Laptop
Delete the ipsw file download previously. The downloaded ipsw file is located at following locations depending upon your computer OS. For iPhone

Windows XP: System Drive:/Doc*u*ments and Settings/Application Data/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPhone Soft*ware Updates
Windows 7: System Drive:/Users/Your Username/App Data/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates

For iPod and iPad

Windows XP: System Drive:/Doc*u*ments and Settings/Application Data/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPod Software Updates 0r iPad Software Updates
Windows 7: System Drive:/Users/Your Username/App Data/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPod Software Updates 0r iPad Software Updates

Now restart iTunes and download the update / upgrade file again.
Update / Upgrade using iTunes update / upgrade button.

If you still face the same error restart your PC / Mac. These steps can be followed for any iOS version for resolving iTunes error 14.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:57   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1766567
Thanks Meter: 1,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnbmobilec View Post
how to solve error 21 on iTunes?
Jailbreaking your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPod using custom IPSW made by PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze requires a full firmware restore using iTunes. During the restore process, if you encounter Error 21, it means that you are trying to restore custom IPSW using the recovery mode. To fix this issue, you must put your iDevice into DFU mode.

DFU or Device Firmware Upgrade mode allows all iDevices to be restored from any state. The actual difference between recovery and DFU mode is that when you put your iDevice into DFU mode, it do not loads iBoot automatically. When you put your iPhone in recovery mode, it loads iBoot which makes sure that the firmware you are trying to restore is greater or equal to the current firmware.

To fix iTunes error 21, you must put your iDevice into DFU mode using the following instructions:

Connect your iDevice to your PC or Mac via USB cable and launch iTunes.
Hold down the Home+Power button for 10 seconds.
After 10 seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button until iTunes detect your iPhone in recovery mode.
Once your iDevice is in DFU mode, you should see nothing on its screen. It should be completely blank.

Even if your iDevice is in DFU mode, iTunes will detect it as a recovery mode device and will display a message as shown in the above screenshot. As soon as you see the above message, restore custom IPSW and hopefully this time you will not get iTunes Error 21.
Old 05-15-2014, 23:16   #11 (permalink)
Major Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcceleghg View Post
The solution is simple and easy. you just need to delete the previously downloaded update / upgrade file (iOS firmware file with .ipsw file extension). To resolve the error follow these steps:-

Close iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC / Laptop
Delete the ipsw file download previously. The downloaded ipsw file is located at following locations depending upon your computer OS. For iPhone

Windows XP: System Drive:/Doc*u*ments and Settings/Application Data/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPhone Soft*ware Updates
Windows 7: System Drive:/Users/Your Username/App Data/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates

For iPod and iPad

Windows XP: System Drive:/Doc*u*ments and Settings/Application Data/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPod Software Updates 0r iPad Software Updates
Windows 7: System Drive:/Users/Your Username/App Data/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPod Software Updates 0r iPad Software Updates

Now restart iTunes and download the update / upgrade file again.
Update / Upgrade using iTunes update / upgrade button.

If you still face the same error restart your PC / Mac. These steps can be followed for any iOS version for resolving iTunes error 14.
Hi, thanks but this did not work for me. I have deleted and re-downloaded fresh ipsw's numerous time from the above directory and it has not worked. I have even tried uninstalling all of the drivers from my laptop and reinstalling them hoping that this would fix the issue but it hasn't.

I have also tried two different cables, a different battery, dock connector, USB port, disabling anti virus all to no avail.

Do you have anymore suggestions?
Old 05-16-2014, 00:52   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 907098
Sonork: 100.1601140
Thanks Meter: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by irepairr View Post
Hi, thanks but this did not work for me. I have deleted and re-downloaded fresh ipsw's numerous time from the above directory and it has not worked. I have even tried uninstalling all of the drivers from my laptop and reinstalling them hoping that this would fix the issue but it hasn't.

I have also tried two different cables, a different battery, dock connector, USB port, disabling anti virus all to no avail.

Do you have anymore suggestions?
sir i also face same problem last 2 dayes
i m also downlode maney ipsw other site like getios tsar but same problem face in error14 after i connect phone to itune and restore online my problem solv now phone is ok [ but my phone have problem iphone is desable]
Old 05-17-2014, 08:29   #13 (permalink)
Major Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranagaurav View Post
sir i also face same problem last 2 dayes
i m also downlode maney ipsw other site like getios tsar but same problem face in error14 after i connect phone to itune and restore online my problem solv now phone is ok [ but my phone have problem iphone is desable]
How did you manage to restore?
Old 05-17-2014, 11:23   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 19423
Sonork: 69566
Thanks Meter: 246
i resolved by change conector and clean motherboard iphone 3GS i hot worcking for other
Old 05-19-2014, 09:09   #15 (permalink)
Major Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::GSM-27:: View Post
i resolved by change conector and clean motherboard iphone 3GS i hot worcking for other
Tried to change the dock connector and cable and cleaning the motherboard and that's not working either! So frustrating! It has to be a problem with the phone as I have changed computers and USB ports.