GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010, 20:39   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 1452598
Thanks Meter: 64
How to Set Up ‘Find My iPhone’ on Your iPhone

A few minutes ago, we explained you how to set up Find My iPhone on your iPhone 4. Technically, the newly free Find My iPhone only works for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch running iOS 4.2. There is however a trick to make this work on older devices.
The funniest part is that Apple is even telling you how to bypass their own rules… From Apple’s Find My iPhone set up page, in the footnotes:
Create a free Find My iPhone account on any iPhone 4, iPad, or iPod touch (4th generation) running iOS 4.2. Once you create an account on a qualifying device, use your Apple ID and password to enable Find My iPhone on your other devices running iOS 4.2. Find My iPhone is not available in all countries.
So basically, set it up on your iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2 here
Old 11-26-2010, 21:43   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 173565
Thanks Meter: 71
So basically the system are tracking the devices base on the apple id or device 's imei?
Old 11-26-2010, 22:12   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 1452598
Thanks Meter: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccm View Post
So basically the system are tracking the devices base on the apple id or device 's imei?
If work with these parameters. and find my phone on.

The key one for "Find my iPhone" is ingeniously labeled "Find My iPhone". Make sure it's enabled, which will cause you to be informed:
Okay, 'nuf on the phone. You only have to set that up once, fortunately.
Now you'll want to go to your computer Web browser and go to me.com. You'll need to log in:

So basically, set it up on your iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2 here