GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2010, 01:01   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1429981
Thanks Meter: 0
Iphone 3G 4.1 stuck on apple screen

Hi
I was resetting the iphone for all the setting and data. It started to do all the process and the white bar went all the way and restarted. But when restarted now it is stuck on pineapple screen. I tried holding sleep and home but nothing. Any help or suggestion how do I get on restore mode.
Thanks
Old 11-13-2010, 01:11   #2 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 1296635
Thanks Meter: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by agiamiu View Post
Hi
I was resetting the iphone for all the setting and data. It started to do all the process and the white bar went all the way and restarted. But when restarted now it is stuck on pineapple screen. I tried holding sleep and home but nothing. Any help or suggestion how do I get on restore mode.
Thanks
Have you tried pushing and holding the power and home buttons for 25 seconds?
Old 11-13-2010, 01:16   #3 (permalink)
fun
No Life Poster

Member: 117145
Sonork: 1617520
Thanks Meter: 382
Quote:
Hi
Thanks
You solution is to restore firmware.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:20   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun View Post
You solution is to restore firmware.
How do I restore the firmware?! MY MAC doesn't see the iphone when i connect the cable.
Thanks
Old 11-13-2010, 01:21   #5 (permalink)

I hold it but nothing new same pineapple.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:28   #6 (permalink)
fun
No Life Poster

Member: 117145
Sonork: 1617520
Thanks Meter: 382
Hold ON + Home buttons together until apple sign be gone, then release ON button and keep holding Home button until computer detects your phone. Then do restore with ITunes.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:33   #7 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 1296635
Thanks Meter: 7
What you need to do is put the phone in recovery mode. to do this do the following:

1. Do a hard reset on the phone, hold the sleep/wake button + the home button until it turns off then release before it turns back on.

2. Plug the dock into the compute and have iTunes running.

3. HOLD the home button on the iPhone, while holding it, connect the iPhone onto the dock and CONTINUE to hold the home button until the CONNECT TO ITUNES DISPLAY APPEARS.

4. iTunes will recognize this and ask if you would like to restore it. Click restore. Then choose to restore from BACKUP! This will take a few minutes. It will fix the problem. Your iPhone will be up and running as normal and all your contacts, sms, bookmarks, settings, etc. will be intact. The only thing that will be erased is the music. But you can easily add that all back right.
The Following User Says Thank You to nokia-mne For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2010, 01:35   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 58183
Thanks Meter: 20
<<<<<<<<<<<<<put the phone on Dfu mode and restore cheers...
Old 11-13-2010, 05:45   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 538410
Sonork: 100.1590750
Thanks Meter: 193
Quote:
How do I restore the firmware?! MY MAC doesn't see the iphone when i connect the cable.
Thanks
just press home buttom and connect the usb to the pc then it will be detected in dfu mode and restore ur iphone
Old 11-26-2010, 12:15   #10 (permalink)

Member: 303533
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokia-mne View Post
What you need to do is put the phone in recovery mode. to do this do the following:

1. Do a hard reset on the phone, hold the sleep/wake button + the home button until it turns off then release before it turns back on.

2. Plug the dock into the compute and have iTunes running.

3. HOLD the home button on the iPhone, while holding it, connect the iPhone onto the dock and CONTINUE to hold the home button until the CONNECT TO ITUNES DISPLAY APPEARS.

4. iTunes will recognize this and ask if you would like to restore it. Click restore. Then choose to restore from BACKUP! This will take a few minutes. It will fix the problem. Your iPhone will be up and running as normal and all your contacts, sms, bookmarks, settings, etc. will be intact. The only thing that will be erased is the music. But you can easily add that all back right.
I have the same problem here
i did above way,,, now itunes wans to upgrade my software to 4.2 version that i dont want to have now
is there any alternative way to avoide 4.2 version??