GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 19:59   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 420820
Thanks Meter: 71
iPhone 4 Changed screen now showing iphones is disabled - need to reset wait time

As the title suggests iPhone 4 Changed screen, before we changed the screen the phone was saying wait 50 minutes as the touch had stopped working. We changed screen and now showing iPhone is disabled, 22 million minutes, as date reset to Jan 1st 1970 when battery taken out.

CANT DO RESTORE as the customer needs the data on the phone and they don't have a backup at all or iCloud switched on!!!

The phone has data turned off as customer just came back from holiday and when i connect to iTunes it isn't working, they don't have their own iTunes so cant reset by connecting to a previously synced computer.

How can i correct time or reset iPhone is disabled, i know the pass code so just need to reset the time.

Thanks in advance for any help

Last edited by roxrox; 02-24-2014 at 20:08.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:05   #2 (permalink)

Member: 233205
Thanks Meter: 5,014
2way-
1. you need to correct your phone time and date (put any 3g supported sim or open wifi from ios7 on screen down menu so it will auto connect already known wifi so internet connection auto corret date and time). when time and date will be correct you can see regular disable minute.

2. Use Geeko Toolkit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tkowsar For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2014, 10:47   #3 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1876831
Sonork: 100.1626615
Thanks Meter: 4,294,967,295
use Gecko iPhone Toolkit
first bypass iphone disable
then read lockscreen password
Old 02-27-2014, 04:51   #4 (permalink)

Member: 2129408
Thanks Meter: 2
i don't think the problem is caused by the replaced screen, the real problem i guess is the system issue.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:18   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 64893
Thanks Meter: 221
I`m sure battery must be removed before you changed your screen so no key presses registered. Must be not screen issue, its something else.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:14   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

issue is not screen issue, i know this, what i'm saying issue is, when i removed battery the date and time got reset to 1970 hence why minutes to wait went from 50 minutes to 22 million minutes.

I can't put in data sim as customer turned off data and no way to turn on. Not sure about the wifi though, will check with customer if they hooked up with their wifi in the past and see if that helps, thanks

If not will Gecko toolkit work on iOS7?

Thanks
Old 02-27-2014, 12:26   #7 (permalink)
Cheater -Don't Deal with him-

Member: 2089356
Sonork: Threema: 3N5W6VV9
Thanks Meter: 520
Donate money to this user
try this try connecting phone to itunes many times and check if your iphone date has been fixed normalyy without disable iphone itunes sync time between device and pc
Old 02-27-2014, 14:22   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BesfortShalaTec View Post
try this try connecting phone to itunes many times and check if your iphone date has been fixed normalyy without disable iphone itunes sync time between device and pc
Tried this many times my friend but iTunes keeps saying something like to continue please confirm on your device, but obviously cant do that because cant get acces to the phone because is disabled
Old 03-01-2014, 18:39   #9 (permalink)

****ing awnsome today happend to me ! how to recover any data or fix time ?
or any software if i put device in dfu to copy data or something
Old 03-01-2014, 18:54   #10 (permalink)

hi i have been able to mount iphone memory in dfu mode via exploits and connect via ftp but where what folders are photo stored????
Old 07-19-2014, 16:25   #11 (permalink)

weird , today happend Again to me with Iphone 5s ,, and i Followed this withoug any succses
Quote:
iPhone disabled for the next 40 years? Here's a fix!
A friend of mine sent his iPhone 4 for repair to change the broken glass display. His iPhone never was synch with iTunes on a computer and he doesn't have a SIM card. Basically, it's an advance iPod Touch.

When he got his hand back on his best friend, the display was showing that the device was deactivated for more than 22 millions minutes... That more than 40 years, 43 to be exact in his case. Only thing that could be done was to make emergency calls and that's it!

After reading on the web how to bring back the iPhone to life, there was basically two solutions:
1- Connect to the iTunes computer that is the main controller of the iPhone and the lock should clear itself.
2- Put the iPhone in DFU mode, erase and restore the whole device.

Since his iPhone never was associated with an iTunes computer, the only thing to do was to completely erase it and restore from iCloud. Technically it would have worked, but would have taken a lot of time.

So I figured that the clock of the iPhone was off by 43 years (we are in 2013) bringing the "current" date of the iPhone to year 1970. Then it hit me.

Often, devices and computer have a starting date set to Jan, 1st 1970. Everything is calculated based on that starting date. Since the iPhone had to be disassembled to replace the broken glass display, surely the battery was removed, thus resetting the internal clock to 1970. Since there was no SIM card in his iPhone, it couldn't sync it's clock with the 3G network or even WIFI.

The solution is quite simple. I just put my own SIM card from my iPhone into his, waited a few minutes until the time would show up on his iPhone. And voilà! It was working again. It does not need to connect to the provider's network, only detect a 3G network and that's enough to sync the internal clock.

As I said it took a few minutes until the clock was synced. I even rebooted the iPhone to force things to happen. I eventually pressed the two volume buttons at the same take, taking a picture to trigger an event in the iPhone. By taking a picture, the iPhone does need the time to timestamp the image. At the same time, the clock did synced. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence and the clock would have been synced eventually, but the result was there.

After, I just entered the pass code to enter the iPhone and all was working as expected. I got my SIM card back into my own iPhone and has a very happy friend!

So if your iPhone is deactivated for the next 40 years, this is how you can reactivate it without having to erase and restore.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:22   #12 (permalink)

Member: 111457
Thanks Meter: 967
the only way is to have time and date set to automatic before removing battery.
Old 09-23-2014, 19:47   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 570252
Thanks Meter: 207
got same problem on iphone 5

try with sim but nothing
it start all time with or without sim on "Searching ..."
how to set up the time ?
Old 03-13-2015, 10:46   #14 (permalink)

Member: 2182218
Thanks Meter: 0