GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 04:59   #1 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1375535
Thanks Meter: 3
Iphone 4 stuck in restore mode after ios 6 update attempt

I didnt even update but somehow it went to this, I tried tiny umberella and nothing, anyone has a solution to getting this thing out of restore mode?
Old 09-25-2012, 09:43   #2 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Now my 4s is doing it, all I did was leave it plugged in with a few programs opened. Please if someone has a solution kindly share.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:49   #3 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 743957
Thanks Meter: 4
if you have shsh try to restore 5.1.1
i have some problem
Old 09-25-2012, 10:03   #4 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Nothing happened to the 4s at all, so the firmware should be good. I dont want to loose stuff on the phone. Anyone, kindly help out.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:23   #5 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Just lost my vacation pics I did 4 days ago and my last restore was 15. My phone went into recovery mode after messing with the iphone4 running tinyumb and usbllib.
was charging my 4s and woke up to find it in restore on its own. Screw apple.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:40   #6 (permalink)

Member: 1822790
Thanks Meter: 0
TechiSky gives a solution to easy fix iPhone 4S/4/3GS/iPad 3/iPad 2 in Recovery Mode Upgrading to iOS 6

If recover mode cannot be solved in the right way, it will cause data loss. You can follow the steps to recover lost data for iOS 6 here:
iOS 6 Recover Videos,Photos,Contacts iPad 3/iPad 2/iPhone 4/4S/3GS » TechiSky
Old 10-31-2012, 09:07   #7 (permalink)

Member: 1832464
In fact, there are two ways for you to recover your deleted photos from iPhone. First, you can use a third-party tool to directly scan and recover pictures from your iPhone. Second, if you've synced your iPhone with iTunes, you also can regain your deleted pictures by extracting your iTunes backup file.

Meanwhile, there is also a thing you should pay attention: Turn off your iPhone and don't use it untill you find those photos, and don't sync your iPhone with iTunes, avoiding iTunes backup being updated.

2 solutions to recover photos,video,SMS,Contact,app,ect from iPhone

1.Recover data from iOS Device
Scan iOS device directly to find data deleted recently,or data lost due to inaccessible iOS

2.Recover from iTunes Backup File
Scan iTunes backup files if you deleted data for a long time,failed to recover from iOS device directly,or lost iOS device

Go for iPhone back up tool with iphone 5 iphone 4s iphone 4 and iphone 3GS data recovery This iPhone recovery. However, you have iTunes for creating backup but it shows errors and is very slow to go with. It is quite easy to handle and uses advanced technique for creating backup. what are you waiting for create backup and easily restore your data.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:46   #8 (permalink)

Member: 1832955
Thanks Meter: 2
Smile

Remove the bios battery, i think this will help you.Try this....
Old 02-25-2013, 12:48   #9 (permalink)

Member: 1889924
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass528 View Post
I didnt even update but somehow it went to this, I tried tiny umberella and nothing, anyone has a solution to getting this thing out of restore mode?

Hello friend!
It happens sometime that after update your iPhone it does not go correctly and gives you either error or stuck in recovery mode. To overcome the issue and get access to your missing data just use the iPhone video recovery software. The tool helps to restore any data on iPhone.
For more info visit : Restore Missing iPhone Videos After iTunes Synchronization Failure
Old 03-10-2013, 08:40   #10 (permalink)

Member: 1897379
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwozu View Post
In fact, there are two ways for you to recover your deleted photos from iPhone. First, you can use a third-party tool to directly scan and recover pictures from your iPhone. Second, if you've synced your iPhone with iTunes, you also can regain your deleted pictures by extracting your iTunes backup file.

Meanwhile, there is also a thing you should pay attention: Turn off your iPhone and don't use it untill you find those photos, and don't sync your iPhone with iTunes, avoiding iTunes backup being updated.

2 solutions to recover photos,video,SMS,Contact,app,ect from iPhone

1.Recover data from iOS Device
Scan iOS device directly to find data deleted recently,or data lost due to inaccessible iOS

2.Recover from iTunes Backup File
Scan iTunes backup files if you deleted data for a long time,failed to recover from iOS device directly,or lost iOS device

Go for iPhone back up tool with iphone 5 iphone 4s iphone 4 and iphone 3GS data recovery This iPhone recovery. However, you have iTunes for creating backup but it shows errors and is very slow to go with. It is quite easy to handle and uses advanced technique for creating backup. what are you waiting for create backup and easily restore your data.
Thank you to share this tips,this is a very useful tip for Me.
Old 03-21-2013, 15:49   #11 (permalink)

Member: 1904320
This seems to be the software for you - ufusoft iphone 4s data recovery.
which helps me a lot. UFUSoft iPad/iPhone/iPod Data Recovery-Recover Data from iPhone, iPad, iPod & iTunes | UFUSoft
Old 03-21-2013, 19:17   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1899191
Sonork: 100.1625109
Thanks Meter: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass528 View Post
i think u r using factory lock i phone......put the original sim of ur fone in which this fone bay it at fist time..if u not know.dont warry check it out carrier check.u will fine ur fone network ,put ur sim and conect to i tune.......100% ur fone will came to window.......than are to option frist to unlock ur fone by factry unlock second if u not want that use gavey sim,
Old 02-19-2014, 04:53   #13 (permalink)

Member: 2131407
Sonork: 173.245.79.85
Thanks Meter: 1
Well, this forever reboot and recovery cycle is a behavior that happens with jailbroken devices. However, you say this device has not been jailbroken. The message you show the screenshot from is what comes up at the end for the device to show up in iTunes again. You could try and uninstall and reinstall iTunes on your computer. This does not affect your iTunes data or your iPhone, or its backup. If you are working from a Windows computer, then follow the instructions in this support document exactly to ensure that it works right. There may be a corrupt file in iTunes that is causing this action.

And I finally did something for iPhone stuck in recovery mode after ios 6 update attempt: First plug iPhone into computer/iTunes. On the screen in iTunes under Version it says something like, "if you're having problems restoring your iPhone click here". It will restore your iPhone, but it clears your photos, contacts, etc. However, then you can set up your iPhone and choose the option to set up as a new iPhone or restore from the backup. I restored from my backup and pretty much got my iPhone back with my settings. Otherwise, if you want to start fresh just set up as a new iPhone.

I hope this can help you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Viliefay For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2014, 08:39   #14 (permalink)

Member: 2123035
Sonork: http://sonork.com/eng/cli
Thanks Meter: 2
I posted it in some other similar threads today and have had three people reply that it worked for them too, and nobody so far saying it hasn't worked with iPhone Data Recovery. And yes, everything was still on my iPad; contacts, web bookmarks, all photos, nothing was changed. It just didn't update to iOS 7. After I got it working again I just used Wi-Fi and upgraded to iOS 7 over the air with no problems, using it as I type this. If you're still stuck, trying this will not endanger anything at all on your device. Worth a try at least, and I'm guessing it'll work for you to recover lost data of iPhone stuck in recovery mode.
Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to gasbyset For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2014, 09:52   #15 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 300540
Thanks Meter: 103
Factory Unlock iPhone 4 iOS 7.0.4

During reset and restart due to applications crashing, device went into iTunes sign.
Which says first Restore to enable this iPhone works in Recovery Mode.
How can I bring back this device into operating condition with the same applications / data as earlier...
Any foolproof procedure? Please help.

Thanks,
The Following User Says Thank You to mamirza For This Useful Post: