GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / 4S

iPhone 4 / 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 11:49   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1227045
Thanks Meter: 0
Question iPhone 4 ... trapped?

Hey,

I've got following problem:

I have an iPhone 4 with French Simlock (Provider: SFR). It think it is simlocked.

I have to activate the phone, so I have a DITS Phonebook to activate it. After getting it in, I get the message: "Restore needed".

I tried to get the 4.0 and 4.0.1 Firmware on the phone, but I get the message, that I'm not eligible to do that from iTunes. I should load the newest firmware.

If I use TinyUmbrella, I cannot save the SHSH because there is no Cydia on phone and also Apple is not signing older versions.

I tried the Saurik's Server trick, but without SHSH I have no chance.

I think, that I have not 4.0.2 on device, but it wants me to restore by message on iPhone and not iTunes. If I upgrade, I will no longer have the PDF-exploit to jailbreak the phone.....

Have you got any suggestions beside of "wait for 2-3 months" or your phone has to be repaired?
Perhaps there is either no simlock for french iPhones or for this provider (SFR)? What I don't believe in fact... but don't want to try, because there is no way back

Thanks in advance!

Error messages:
Restore needed
Not eligible..

Last edited by ISA966; 08-24-2010 at 11:56.
Old 08-24-2010, 13:17   #2 (permalink)

Member: 1227045
From the Downgrade post (here) there should be following way:

0. Edit /etc/hosts to path to Saurik's server
1. Update phone to 4.0.2 with iTunes
2. With TinyUmbrella: Get SHSH via Cydia
3. Start TSS Server
4. Open iTunes, open restore mode and restore to 4.0.1.
5. Then its jailbreak-time

It should work, because we get SHSH....

(1) but is it really possible? I mean, phone is not activated and had Cydia never on phone before....

(2) but SHSH should be possible to get from Apple Server because they sign 4.0.2? Does it then work with 4.0.1?

Thx in advance
Old 08-24-2010, 13:50   #3 (permalink)

Member: 807979
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISA966 View Post
Hey,

I've got following problem:

I have an iPhone 4 with French Simlock (Provider: SFR). It think it is simlocked.

I have to activate the phone, so I have a DITS Phonebook to activate it. After getting it in, I get the message: "Restore needed".

I tried to get the 4.0 and 4.0.1 Firmware on the phone, but I get the message, that I'm not eligible to do that from iTunes. I should load the newest firmware.

If I use TinyUmbrella, I cannot save the SHSH because there is no Cydia on phone and also Apple is not signing older versions.

I tried the Saurik's Server trick, but without SHSH I have no chance.

I think, that I have not 4.0.2 on device, but it wants me to restore by message on iPhone and not iTunes. If I upgrade, I will no longer have the PDF-exploit to jailbreak the phone.....

Have you got any suggestions beside of "wait for 2-3 months" or your phone has to be repaired?
Perhaps there is either no simlock for french iPhones or for this provider (SFR)? What I don't believe in fact... but don't want to try, because there is no way back

Thanks in advance!

Error messages:
Restore needed
Not eligible..
If you do have an iphone 4g like myself, you are indeed trapped for now... Downgrading is not possible for 4G it is only for 3G & 3GS..