GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 20:45   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 20646
Thanks Meter: 100
Iphone 4g on iso 5.0

Hi m8s

i have a iphone 4g and its working fine with gevey sim card .
Its on iso 5.0 but modem base band is old one as it is 4.10.1

its on 3g uk . ( now i got 3g sim card to activate )

its jailbroken as well by redsnow .

My question is that how can i reflash with ver 5.0 ( its currently on iso 5.0 as well ) becouse i dont want jailbreak as it is headach always use just boot on every restart as i have to play with gevey sim with no service and other issues ..........

I have windows and mac both options .....

I tried custom firmware created by me with redsnow and snowbreez .... Not working at all .

I have the same ver 5.0 with no_bb_iphone 3,1_5.0_9a334_restore .ipsw ( same file i use last time to save its baseband)

thanks in advance for a detail and logical answer

thank you

mahmood shad.
Old 11-27-2011, 20:54   #2 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 1083745
Thanks Meter: 9
there's no way to restore ios 5.0 cause apple server was on iso 5.0.1 now
Old 11-28-2011, 00:19   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 731613
Thanks Meter: 67
Unless you use custom firmware to preserve your baseband then you wont be able to do it! Custom firmwares are always jailbroken so you wouldnt lose the jailbreak.

If you wanted stock 5.0 then it would update the baseband so that the gevey wouldnt work!

You can do a factory unlock on that phone if you wanted it permanently unlocked without using a gevey sim!
Fone-Tek, Mobile Phone Unlocking Server offer all uk networks

If you do a factory unlock then you will be able to update the phone to latest firmware/ baseband and your phone will always remain unlocked.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:10   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1153277
Thanks Meter: 8
If you want to preserve baseband you need to jailbreak by creating custom firware

if you want to use Gevey Sim you need to jailbreak(Except some model that was recently released.)

So there is no way or go back to 4.3.3 it use 4.10.01 baseband use tinyumberlla and start TSS Server and restore 4.3.3
Old 11-28-2011, 21:24   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 20646
Thanks Meter: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowen1000 View Post
Unless you use custom firmware to preserve your baseband then you wont be able to do it! Custom firmwares are always jailbroken so you wouldnt lose the jailbreak.

If you wanted stock 5.0 then it would update the baseband so that the gevey wouldnt work!

You can do a factory unlock on that phone if you wanted it permanently unlocked without using a gevey sim!
Fone-Tek, Mobile Phone Unlocking Server offer all uk networks

If you do a factory unlock then you will be able to update the phone to latest firmware/ baseband and your phone will always remain unlocked.

custom firmwares are not always jailbroken ..... this is for u .

i know what is factory unlock and from where i can do it .

if u want to answer read my question ........

thank u
Old 11-29-2011, 04:40   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 276082
Thanks Meter: 113
Donate money to this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHMOOD View Post
Hi m8s

i have a iphone 4g and its working fine with gevey sim card .
Its on iso 5.0 but modem base band is old one as it is 4.10.1

its on 3g uk . ( now i got 3g sim card to activate )

its jailbroken as well by redsnow .

My question is that how can i reflash with ver 5.0 ( its currently on iso 5.0 as well ) becouse i dont want jailbreak as it is headach always use just boot on every restart as i have to play with gevey sim with no service and other issues ..........

I have windows and mac both options .....

I tried custom firmware created by me with redsnow and snowbreez .... Not working at all .

I have the same ver 5.0 with no_bb_iphone 3,1_5.0_9a334_restore .ipsw ( same file i use last time to save its baseband)

thanks in advance for a detail and logical answer

thank you

mahmood shad.
Hope the step below was help:
1. use sn0wbreeze-v2.8b8 create a custom firmware (without activate) follow the step to DFU mode
2. Use tinyumbrella start TSS server
3. run itunes
4. Shift & select your custom ios 5.0
5. after complete restore, insert your UK 3G simcard to activate your phone
6. after complete activated, take out your sim card and use Gevey with your desire sim card and follow the gevey guide
7. your iphone with ios 5 are now unlocked
Old 11-29-2011, 05:06   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 276082
Thanks Meter: 113
Donate money to this user
pos reply for MAHMOOD

Hope the step below was help:
1. use sn0wbreeze-v2.8b8 create a custom firmware (without activate) follow the step to DFU mode (download iPhone3,1_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw firmware from apple and store this on your PC for create the custom firmware)
2. Use tinyumbrella start TSS server
3. run itunes
4. Shift & select your custom ios 5.0 that you have created and save by sn0wbreeze-v2.8b8 in your PC.
5. after complete restore, insert your UK 3G simcard and run itunes to activate your iphone
6. after complete activated, take out your sim card and use Gevey with your desire sim card and follow the gevey unlock guide
7. your iphone now is with ios 5 without jailbreak and unlocked by gevey