GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 16:52   #1 (permalink)

Member: 856972
Thanks Meter: 0
Iphone Activation Problem

Hi, I am facing a peculiar Activation problem on iPhone 4 which is unlocked - was originally locked to AT&T, but was subsequently unlocked. I have tried various methods to activate the phone by using original AT&T SIM. I have tried wifi activation, activation through iTunes. But I always get the message Your request could not be processed in itunes and apple activation server is unavailable over wifi. I have tried different computers, different SIMs. AT&T says the phone has been unlocked so it should activate with any SIM. I have tried AT&T and other SIM, but activation fails, so the unlock does not work. I have tried SAM to activate and even Redsnow to activate - it is hacktivated, but give a no-service response with no carrier signal. The phone is on BB 4.12.01 and IOS 5.1.1, earlier on 5.0.1 too it gave a similar response. Some servers that give details of the phone based on IMEI no say the phone is sim unlocked, but not activated. . Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-07-2012, 01:51   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 527884
Sonork: 100.1583794
Thanks Meter: 850
Try to Restore Set To 5.1.1 then Rry If Same Then May be U Iphone
Is Blocked
Regards
B,R
Old 07-07-2012, 02:09   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Member: 224065
Sonork: 100.1577902
Thanks Meter: 7,930
this is 2nd post now and i dont think that you dont know how to activate your phone
i will assume that something wrong with at&t in apple server
please give more details
is this phone could be stolen or sometging ?
did u unlocked it before using sam ?
Old 07-07-2012, 08:15   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 80250
Sonork: 100.1602959
Thanks Meter: 76
Donate money to this user
usa sprint factory ok but cannot activate it .............

pls help
Old 07-07-2012, 08:32   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 457470
Thanks Meter: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by motmin View Post
usa sprint factory ok but cannot activate it .............

pls help

i have noticed it too. 1 can try to activate it with original sim that was
bundled with the iphone. otherwise it is blocked
Old 09-29-2012, 10:04   #6 (permalink)

Member: 960972
Thanks Meter: 10
This issue is usually seen in iPhones whose owners requested or paid third party unlock providers to have their iPhones unlocked. It is really a very frustrating situation because your phone was OK and when you restore it to complete the unlock process, it is rendered useless.

My theory about this is that your phone somehow in the unlock process was erased from the list of devices on Apple's servers. Normally when you plug a phone into iTunes Apple's servers receive a request for activaton with the device's ID (IMEI) and the ICCID (SIM Card ID number). Depending on which list your phone's ID is located (either locked or unlocked list) the server sends back an activation token to your phone that allows it to connect to cellular networks.

Seems like due to a glitch on AT&T's unlock system some phones are actually getting erased from the server, and when you plug the phone into iTunes the servers pretty much don't know what answer to give you and thus the message "Your request could not be processed at this time".

Anybody having this issue I can help. I've had about 5 phones fixed so far. Send me an email at [email protected] and we'll take it from there. I assure you I can fix your problem.