GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2008, 12:57   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 21937
Thanks Meter: 279
iphone in recovery mode , cant detect by pc

hi
i got customer who bring his iphone to me , first he said iphone keep goes into flight mode , after he try to upgrade to 2 or newer , iphone now qith ITUNES LOGO and USB cable , but when i plug into my pc , i get error , this device can prefom faster on a usb2 port (my pc is usb 2)
and then device unrecdnize.
trying to get it into recovery or dfu , nothing happen and itunes cant see it.
any ideas ?

btw even if it seem iphone in dfu (black screen) after a while , i press on power and after a sec i get the apple and after few secs more the itunes logo
Old 08-22-2008, 14:20   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 227670
Thanks Meter: 87
change to usb cable..............
Old 08-22-2008, 17:25   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by samadgsm View Post
change to usb cable..............
tested 3 different usb cables , 3 different pc's and 3 different itunes versions , also different usb ports on same pc ....
windows does see something plug in the usb , but cant see it as iphone
Old 08-23-2008, 00:47   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 141675
Thanks Meter: 7,641
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by trabel View Post
tested 3 Different Usb Cables , 3 Different Pc's And 3 Different Itunes Versions , Also Different Usb Ports On Same Pc ....
Windows Does See Something Plug In The Usb , But Cant See It As Iphone
Try Dfu Mode
Old 08-23-2008, 07:47   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by malikkk View Post
Try Dfu Mode
like i said , iphone wont go into dfu mode or recovery mode
Old 08-23-2008, 11:58   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 49752
Sonork: QQ:1474246528
Thanks Meter: 6,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRABEL View Post
like i said , iphone wont go into dfu mode or recovery mode
be sure you have 7.5 or latest

try this trick to bring DFU mode i call this easy hardware DFU method.

1 plug usb cable to iPhone pc should make sound.

2 iPhone is in normal or recovery mode its ok just press home and power button for 3 to 10 sec.

3 lcd go to black and iPhone will be totally off ,you still have to hold that home and power on button more 2 to 3 sec.
,if iPhone start again do it again from 2 step,

4 itunes should be open all time, iPhone is still black screen its good for us now just release power ON button but
continue pressing home button for 3 to 5 sec UNTIL IPHONE DETECTED BY ITUNES.
if iPhone is started again do again from point 2.

5 as iphone detected in itunes in recovery mode phone should be still like dead black screen.now you can do your work in itunes to iPhone because its now in DFU mode.

Last edited by stanner_austin; 09-26-2008 at 14:00. Reason: updated
The Following User Says Thank You to stanner_austin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2008, 12:18   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 279453
Thanks Meter: 29
i have the same problem on itouch, i put it in a dfu mode just like the above it says the pc recognized it as a DFU mode but i tunes doesn't know it.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:23   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 64311
Thanks Meter: 110
i had same prbolem with iphone 3g. installed iture 7.7 pressed restore and upgrade, it upgraded to v2.0.2 but was able to set my problem.

if your iphone is 2g feel to upgrade to v2.0.2 as it can be unlocked but if it is 3g then you can only jailbreak your phone after update.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:41   #9 (permalink)

Member: 1864957
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRABEL View Post
hi
i got customer who bring his iphone to me , first he said iphone keep goes into flight mode , after he try to upgrade to 2 or newer , iphone now qith ITUNES LOGO and USB cable , but when i plug into my pc , i get error , this device can prefom faster on a usb2 port (my pc is usb 2)
and then device unrecdnize.
trying to get it into iPhone recovery or dfu , nothing happen and itunes cant see it.
any ideas ?

btw even if it seem iphone in dfu (black screen) after a while , i press on power and after a sec i get the apple and after few secs more the itunes logo

When you plug it into the PC, do you get any sound or see any attempt by your PC to load drivers? In other words, with the iPhone connected, can you access or see it via Windows Explorer?

What happens when you try to put the iPhone into DFU Mode? If you don't know what that is, or need help on putting an iPad into DFU Mode, see this link:
How to Recover Lost Data from iPhone

Have you tried connecting it to the PC with an Apple-specific/iPhone-specific USB cable? Have you tried connecting it to a different USB port on the PC (preferably one ON the PC, not a dock or USB hub)?

What happens when/if you reboot the iPhone? To do (apologies if you already know): Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:48   #10 (permalink)

Member: 1864561
Sonork: 34533
Thanks Meter: 0
agree.if your iphone is 2g feel to upgrade to v2.0.2 as it can be unlocked but if it is 3g then you can only jailbreak your phone after update.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:56   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 604333
Sonork: 100.1590054
Thanks Meter: 1,845
Donate money to this user
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnerterry View Post
When you plug it into the PC, do you get any sound or see any attempt by your PC to load drivers? In other words, with the iPhone connected, can you access or see it via Windows Explorer?

What happens when you try to put the iPhone into DFU Mode? If you don't know what that is, or need help on putting an iPad into DFU Mode, see this link:
How to Recover Lost Data from iPhone

Have you tried connecting it to the PC with an Apple-specific/iPhone-specific USB cable? Have you tried connecting it to a different USB port on the PC (preferably one ON the PC, not a dock or USB hub)?

What happens when/if you reboot the iPhone? To do (apologies if you already know): Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantrebolls View Post
agree.if your iphone is 2g feel to upgrade to v2.0.2 as it can be unlocked but if it is 3g then you can only jailbreak your phone after update.

see the date of the thread :P

---------------------------------------------------------
Best Regards
GSM-DOCTOR

 Follow the rules 
i have to learn english