GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 18:41   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1617931
Thanks Meter: 0
Jail Breaking The iPhone – Is it Worth It?

Jail breaking the iPhone is very popular for owners if they can get it to work correctly. A jail broken iPhone can be customised in so many different ways such as changing the unlock bar shape, changing the App icons to completely custom ones, downloading Apps which Apple simply wouldn’t allow in their App Store, and many more! Jail breaking your iPhone opens the doors to so many possibilities for your iPhone. The best thing of all though is that jail breaking your iPhone is completely legal! You have bought your iPhone; therefore you can do whatever you like with it.

However, as you may think, every good thing comes with consequences and this is no different. Jail broken iPhones have been reported to crash more often, run slower, and occasionally show strange screens. However, these downfalls with a jail broken iPhone may not be the biggest problems of all. Apple have now released a patch for the jail break hack which completely disables all features that the jail break may offer, and stops you from attempting to repeat the jail break process. Therefore, if you want to keep the jail break in your iPhone, you will have to refrain from updating your iPhone to the latest software releases all together and as you would expect, you would certainly be missing out! People with jail broken iPhones have also reported that they have been completely turned away when going to a high-street Apple store for support for their iPhone. This again means that you will have to refrain from going to an official Apple store if you need help.

Even with all these bad points about jail breaking your iPhone most people still believe that it’s worth it. In my opinion, I do also think it is worth it however you have to take into consideration all of the good points, and the bad points when making a decision on whether to jail break your iPhone.

If you feel that the bad points of jail breaking your iPhone are just too important to do without, then you are best not jail breaking your iPhone.

If you enjoyed this article and would like more, please goto www.TechTizmo.com
Original Source: HERE
Old 07-18-2011, 03:23   #2 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 1358158
Thanks Meter: 4
jail breaking is legal, i wish apple would realize that jailbreaking is legal we buy the phone and pay for service, we should be able to customise the phone the way we want.