GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2007, 02:54   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 203715
Thanks Meter: 227
My iPhone 'No Service' Fix

The below is for persons who have unlocked their iPhone but are getting fluctuating signal or No Service from the network.

This is the short fix taken from:
http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8333

I have modified it to make it much easier, as i found an easier way to stop CommCenter, rather than type that long command of which you don't see on your iPhone screen.

Shorter Solution

Try this first as this method doesn't involve any flashing and I fixed a no service with this even shorter solution, not found on any other forums.
NB. My shorter solution is harmless and will not brick your iPhone, it merely stops the phone's communication (GSM/WIFI), then restarts it again.

1. Start with iphone with no service (jailbroken and unlocked)

2. Use iBrickr to load Launchctl GUI (Application -> Browse Application -> Launchctl GUI)

3. Open Launchctl GUI, look for the CommCenter line. If it is red - go to step 5. If it is black - proceed to the next step.

4. Select the CommCenter line, you will see a list of 3 options, select the unload -w, and press ok to confirm, the CommCenter should now be red in the list.

5. Fully restart your iPhone.

6. Open Launchctl GUI, look for the CommCenter line. It should be red if you did the above steps correctly.

7. Select the CommCenter line, you will see a list of 3 options, select the load -w, and press ok to confirm, the CommCenter should now be black in the list.

8. Press the home button. Your phone should now display 'searching' then display your network with full signal. If this doesn't work, then you might want to try the 'regular' Short solution which slightly flashes the baseband.

NB. Once your iPhone is working fine, open iBrickr again, go to applications, and delete the Launchctl GUI from your phone by clicking the red (-)minus buttons on the right of the screen.

Short Solution
You will need bbupdater and .eep files for your iphone firmware version (I have used version 1.02) ICE03.14.08_G.eep

1. Start with iphone with no service (jailbroken and unlocked)

2. Use iBrickr to load Mobile Terminal (Application -> Browse Application -> Mobile Terminal)

3. Use iBrickr to load Launchctl GUI (Application -> Browse Application -> Launchctl GUI)

4.Using iBrickr upload bbupdater, ICE03.14.08_G.eep to usr/bin/ directory on your iPhone(Files are attached)

5. Open Launchctl GUI, look for the CommCenter line. [If it is red - do nothing, just press your home button and go to the next step] [if it is black, select it, you will see a list of 3 options, select the unload -w, and press ok to confirm, the CommCenter should now be red in the list, then press your home button and move to the next step]

6. open mobile Terminal and type cd /usr/bin/

7. run command chmod +x bbupdater

8. run command bbupdater -e ICE03.14.08_G.eep

9. turn the phone off with the red slider and power on again

10. Open Launchctl GUI, look for the CommCenter line. (It should be red if you did step 5 correctly) Select it, you will see a list of 3 options, select the load -w, and press ok to confirm, the CommCenter should now be black in the list, then press your home button and move to the next step]

11. Your phone should now display 'searching' then display your network with full signal. ( if this doesn't work and you are absolutely sure that you didn't make any mistakes running this process, then you might want to try the Longer solution which will 'viginize' and re-Lock your device again and you will need to unlock it again)

NB. Once your iPhone is working fine, open iBrickr again, go to applications, and delete the Launchctl GUI and Mobile Terminal from your phone by clicking the red (-)minus buttons on the right of the screen.

Br
Chezral
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chezral For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 10-05-2007, 07:15   #2 (permalink)
DSI

Member: 464271
Thanks Meter: 0
Hello there, I have a no service iphone here. it says "Repair needed. iphone cannot make and receive calls". I read your solution, however, i have no idea what the ibrickr is and where to find it. Wifi and BT do not work at all... I was able to use it for 2 mins call then all the sudden, signal drops out to no service. Please advise as i'm totally new to this. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:47   #3 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 115350
Thanks Meter: 2
Hi
reset network settings and reset all settings.
all be fine.
Best regard; oumar_gsm
Old 10-05-2007, 11:36   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 134335
Sonork: 100.1578107
Thanks Meter: 42
Thumbs up iPhone info

Thanks for great informations (chezral) & (oumar_gsm) very good informations about iPhone Network
Old 10-05-2007, 19:26   #5 (permalink)
DSI

Member: 464271
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by oumar_gsm View Post
Hi
reset network settings and reset all settings.
all be fine.
Best regard; oumar_gsm
I've done that already, nothing changed, still won't pick up any signal....
Old 10-05-2007, 20:44   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSI View Post
Hello there, I have a no service iphone here. it says "Repair needed. iphone cannot make and receive calls". I read your solution, however, i have no idea what the ibrickr is and where to find it. Wifi and BT do not work at all... I was able to use it for 2 mins call then all the sudden, signal drops out to no service. Please advise as i'm totally new to this. Thanks in advance.
I have seen your problem (Repair needed. iphone cannot make and receive calls) on an iPhone already. You will probly need to do the 'SHORT' fix rather than the 'shorter' one.
Download iBrickr and install it using the instructions on this website:http://www.hacktheiphone.com/74/ipho...dows_74_1.html

If the short fix doesn't work, restart the phone and see if it detects the network.
If it still doesn't detect the network, then you will need to 'virginize' your iphone, which is really restoring it to original state, then after that you will have to activate and unlock it again. Just follow the unlocking guide on the link below accurately, and you will be using your iPhone again in no time.

Here is how to restore(virginize) the iphone: http://www.iphonegoboom.com/#restore
Here is how to unlock using Anysim: http://www.hacktheiphone.com/74/ipho...dows_74_1.html

Br
Chezral
Old 10-06-2007, 21:16   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 174853
Thanks Meter: 84
hi all
i wanted to purchase an iphone, cause now the price is affordable but how can i know that the iphone that sold in the stores at the moment are using the right firmware so that i can unlock it, because i heard that the latest firmware version 1.1.1 don't have any solution yet..... (or maybe apple has already upgraded all the iphone firmware in stores, since there was already a unlocking solution for earlier version?

is there a way that we can tell the firmware inside by IMEI, product code or anything else?

thanks for sharing mate
Old 10-07-2007, 04:49   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 276663
Thanks Meter: 39
dear mate:- if you would like to find out witch version is the phone there is two way to find out
1- if you have the phone you can just dial *3001#12345#*SEND and then at the very bottom you will see VERSION click on it if any thing higher than 39.0 can't be unlocked
2- if you want to buy iPhone and would like to find out what version is the phone you don't need to open the box just look at the back of the box you will find S/N in the back of the
phone all what you need to look at the forth and fifth number if there are 38 or lower that's mean you are good to go if any thing is higher than 39 there will be no solution at the moment for unlocking GOOD LUCK

best regards
www.mygswireless.com
Old 10-07-2007, 05:11   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Dear Mate:

here it comes the solution there is two way to find out what version is the iPhone before you buy it or find out if it's can be unlocked.

1- dial *3001#12345#*SEND and then look at the very bottom you will see VERSION click on it if any thing start with 40. and higher there is no solution to unlock at this time it could be very soon.
2- there is other way to find out before you buy your phone from Apple store with out open the plastic from the box you know if you opened the box there will be 30% restocking fee when you take the phone back for refund but we found out a way around this here it comes flip the box up side down and look at the back of the iPhone box you will find S/N all what you need to read the forth and the fifth number together if there are lower and 39 phone is good and can be unlocked if any thing is higher than 39 like 40 or 41 that's mean this phone has the new version and can't be unlocked (GOOD LUCK)

best regards
www.mygswireless.com
Old 10-12-2007, 23:22   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 86301
Thanks Meter: 107
Hi to all,
i have an iphone, that i have restore and unlock.
all was fine, but 24h latter, customer says he had plug in the pc for sync, and after that: "no service"
i have try shorter/short and long method but nothing helps.
phone always says "no service".
Has someone an idea for find problem/fix this?
thanks for help
regards
Old 10-13-2007, 09:51   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 174853
Thanks Meter: 84
@ gsmwireless
thanks mate, very useful information
Old 10-17-2007, 05:37   #12 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIPLOCK View Post
Hi to all,
i have an iphone, that i have restore and unlock.
all was fine, but 24h latter, customer says he had plug in the pc for sync, and after that: "no service"
i have try shorter/short and long method but nothing helps.
phone always says "no service".
Has someone an idea for find problem/fix this?
thanks for help
regards
read this if you have the new version of the iPhone 1.1.1 and you have downgraded it to 1.0.2 don't upgrade it again to 1.1.1 if you did take a rest and don't thing about it for know there is a solution coming very soon it could be less than a month,

Last edited by gswireless; 10-17-2007 at 05:47.
Old 10-18-2007, 17:33   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 86301
Thanks Meter: 107
thanks for advice, but i think that the customer have update.he tell me that he had just sync.
regards
Old 10-19-2007, 03:37   #14 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 280117
Thanks Meter: 8
works 100%

tested your short methoud. its great. thanks
Old 10-24-2007, 20:20   #15 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeauc View Post
tested your short methoud. its great. thanks
Good to hear.

Basically, for anyone needing/planning to flash or modify their iPhones, especially for those who have to downgrade their 1.1.1 iphones to unlock, I recommend using the Launch GUI to stop the CommCenter, it saves you plenty of time, instead of typing out the long command on your iphone. This timely step is on all/most repairing/restoring/downgrading tutorials online.

Happy iPhone modding.
Chezral