GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2010, 21:10   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1477250
Thanks Meter: 0
Please help, 1015 error

Well this is my first post here and it's a doozie! All started this way, successfully unlocked a 3g using redsn0w 0.9.6b5. Had it completely done and mistakingly activated it using my info from my outlook (phone is for my daughter) instead of saying "new phone". Had my 300 or so contacts and all my calendar info. Found a program on cydia to delete all the contacts but couldn't get rid of all the calendar entries. Many of the posts here said just to restore with the custom firmware I used to jailbreak in the first place and all would be good. Well it bricked the phone to the 1015 entry. Can't believe I was that stupid. Had already bricked a 3gs this week (but got lucky and iphone store replaced it for free). Have it sitting on my desk but terrrified at trying to jailbreak and unlock it because of all the problems I've had. Was going to wait for a newer unlock for the 3gs then swap out this 3g with my daughter. I used redsn0w to put the bricked phone in dfu mode and all seemed good. Itunes still wouldn't install the custom ipsw I originally used to jailbreak and unlock. So I decided to go into redsn0w and just try to jailbreak again. Process went fine, went all the way through, was loading the "bundles" and about 3/4 through the pineapple install part and it crashed and went to the usb plug icon. I've spent all of this Christmas day trying to fix it. A bit lucky I guess because my daughter is out of town until tomorrow. Can anyone please help me fix this phone today????? I know it's Christmas but someone must have an answer to this problem to help an ignorant old fool. I tried tinyumbrella and it kicked it out of that mode but it just goes back in when I try to do anything to it.
Old 12-25-2010, 21:12   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1475119
Thanks Meter: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by needinghelp View Post
Well this is my first post here and it's a doozie! All started this way, successfully unlocked a 3g using redsn0w 0.9.6b5. Had it completely done and mistakingly activated it using my info from my outlook (phone is for my daughter) instead of saying "new phone". Had my 300 or so contacts and all my calendar info. Found a program on cydia to delete all the contacts but couldn't get rid of all the calendar entries. Many of the posts here said just to restore with the custom firmware I used to jailbreak in the first place and all would be good. Well it bricked the phone to the 1015 entry. Can't believe I was that stupid. Had already bricked a 3gs this week (but got lucky and iphone store replaced it for free). Have it sitting on my desk but terrrified at trying to jailbreak and unlock it because of all the problems I've had. Was going to wait for a newer unlock for the 3gs then swap out this 3g with my daughter. I used redsn0w to put the bricked phone in dfu mode and all seemed good. Itunes still wouldn't install the custom ipsw I originally used to jailbreak and unlock. So I decided to go into redsn0w and just try to jailbreak again. Process went fine, went all the way through, was loading the "bundles" and about 3/4 through the pineapple install part and it crashed and went to the usb plug icon. I've spent all of this Christmas day trying to fix it. A bit lucky I guess because my daughter is out of town until tomorrow. Can anyone please help me fix this phone today????? I know it's Christmas but someone must have an answer to this problem to help an ignorant old fool. I tried tinyumbrella and it kicked it out of that mode but it just goes back in when I try to do anything to it.
Please look at my latests post it seems you have a newboot rom and my solution I came up with works for sure. It make take sometime but you will get you 3g and 3gs up and going.

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f456...no-bs-1172033/
Old 12-25-2010, 22:29   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm ready to go but don't know where to download the "custom" firmware for 3g?
Old 12-25-2010, 22:47   #4 (permalink)

Ok found a custom 3g 4.2.1 at megupload. Now at the end of your instructions "and you will get back to the emergency screen", does that mean to go back through the redsn0w process to jailbreak and unlock again and if so do we point it at the custom 4.2.1 or the itunes version? Thanks again for the help you are a Saint!
Old 12-25-2010, 22:48   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Ok found a custom 3g 4.2.1 at megoploid or something like that. Now at the end of your instructions "and you will get back to the emergency screen", does that mean to go back through the redsn0w process to jailbreak and unlock again and if so do we point it at the custom 4.2.1 or the itunes version? Thanks again for the help you are a Saint!
when you follow my post and get back to the emergency call screen open redsnow and point to the original firmware and your welcome please hit the thanks button if it helped
The Following User Says Thank You to streetz25tl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2010, 00:05   #6 (permalink)

You are the man! It fixed it first time. Not only that but when it came back up there was no need to turn off and then on, went right in and had the correct 4.2.1 and 6.15 and had Cydia. My daughter will be sooooo happy tomorrow, thanks, thanks, thanks. And you took time out of your Christmas to help; you are great!
Old 12-26-2010, 00:31   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
You are the man! It fixed it first time. Not only that but when it came back up there was no need to turn off and then on, went right in and had the correct 4.2.1 and 6.15 and had Cydia. My daughter will be sooooo happy tomorrow, thanks, thanks, thanks. And you took time out of your Christmas to help; you are great!
Please go thank the guy who started a post about this mine is just that little extra step of you are stuck on the recovery loop still for the 3gs

Thank this man for it ok

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f456...9/index11.html
Old 12-26-2010, 01:04   #8 (permalink)

It wasn't unlocked after all this but I just went into Cydia and used the repo deal and it is working with my tmobile card! One thing I noticed is that the wifi once turned on will not turn off (to save battery life isn't that important?). Any way you know of to turn off the wifi? I'll go thank the other gentleman now.