GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 13:57   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1779384
Thanks Meter: 13
problem with iphone 4 after screen replacement

hi, I dont know if anyone here can help me or not, but here is my problem.
After screen replacement the iphone will not read any sim card correctly, if i insert a sim with the phone already powered on it does not reconise the sim being inserted, but if i insert the sim with it powered off then start it up it will see the sim card, but if i eject the sim card it still says the sim card is inserted. with the sim inserted from power off, once it starts up if i try to make a call it will not actually ring out, it just says calling, and if i try to end the call it just says ending and will not move on from there, i have to reboot the phone. ive had this problem a few times with screens ive replaced but it usually just goes away and fixes itself some how, but this time it wont. has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it. many thanks for any help anyone can provide, regards, clive
Old 10-11-2012, 14:36   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 230004
Thanks Meter: 174
I can't exactly tell you where the problem lies.. But I've been changing original lcds never faced a problem like that. Probably you got a faulty lcd.*try to restore *try to check the power consumption with both lcds original one and the replaced one. * try to fix an original lcd set and see * check the sim socket *
Old 10-11-2012, 16:40   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1779384
Thanks Meter: 13
tried an original lcd and aftermarket ones but no change. sim socket is fine, im using an original micro sim not a cut down one. even tried it with the logic board removed from the housing but still no change. it really is strange, only thing ive not tried is a reinstall as yet. I do this for a living part time (as im a house husband now, but i used to work for alps elctronics) so im not exactly a newbie at this lol. but this problem is really bugging me now.
Old 01-12-2013, 17:49   #4 (permalink)

Member: 1867463
Thanks Meter: 0
Did you fix the problem

Hi there,
I have also had this issue in the past before. Did you ever find a fix for it?

Tommy
Old 01-12-2013, 18:29   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 67785
Thanks Meter: 20
manual setting date 2013 and time on off iphone , disconect batery reset date 1971 for registering network you must good date !!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 18:33   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1529244
Sonork: 1720
Thanks Meter: 150
Brother,
First: try to restore 6.0.1 with itune and then check if you see the problem is same problem.
Second : replace original Lcd.
Old 01-12-2013, 19:55   #7 (permalink)

Member: 749979
Thanks Meter: 5
in many phone with ver 6.0.1 if we change the lcd many pro will come may be some bugs after change display can't call hang on calling screen every thing is right sencor not working no tention restore again all pro. will solve i done in many sets.............
Old 01-12-2013, 20:50   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 59869
Thanks Meter: 132
Donate money to this user
Common problem with IOS 6.x.x when disconnecting the battery.
Just set manually the DATE and time and restart the phone.
Being discussed many time already.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:09   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1008455
Sonork: 0000
Thanks Meter: 99
first connect to a wifi or simcard internet to acsses network
go to setting and update ur date and time if not worked go to language and change it to diffrent ex to ( arabic ) then change it back to ( english ) it will work
last chance update ur ios to last version
Old 01-13-2013, 02:00   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 903254
Sonork: 100.1592789
Thanks Meter: 86
Happened to me almost everytime i changed the touchscreen+display. Just restore it to the version the iphone is on (via iTunes) and activate it with the original sim card (if it`s locked) or any other (if it`s not). Make a backup of the contacts and others (apps, pics). Then you should be set.