GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 10:04   #1 (permalink)

Member: 935431
Thanks Meter: 17
Unhappy Special DFU Mode for restoring with custom 4.1 in windows

hello everyone,

How I put iPhone 3GS & iPhone 4 in Special DFU Mode for restoring with custom 4.1 in windows

Dev Team wrote : “DFU” button in PwnageTool is more than it looks like. It guides you through the DFU process, but then also runs the appropriate exploit to convince your device and iTunes that all is legit. The DFU button in PwnageTool is not just your average DFU

Thanks,
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HassanMarei For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 10-21-2010, 10:16   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 154427
Thanks Meter: 61
Donate money to this user
i have create custom firmware..
but when i restore custom firmware to my iphone the itunes just say preparing iphone for restore..
The Following User Says Thank You to jupizet For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2010, 10:21   #3 (permalink)

^^
yes preparing iphone for restore then eroor 1600 or 1603

you need to put it into the special dfu mode (u can do that easily by mac with pwnage tool 4.1)

and this is the question how in windows ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HassanMarei For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 10-21-2010, 12:16   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 318130
Thanks Meter: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanMarei View Post
^^

you need to put it into the special dfu mode (u can do that easily by mac with pwnage tool 4.1)

Very good question ????
Old 10-21-2010, 12:20   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1231161
Thanks Meter: 7
Donate money to this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanMarei View Post
^^

I have the same problem as I can solve it
Old 10-21-2010, 20:14   #6 (permalink)

sure there are a solution

wait you
Old 10-22-2010, 02:15   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 434450
Thanks Meter: 51
I also need to know why pwnagetool only support Mac it is sad they need to think in the Windows users the biggest part of iPhone owners and unlockers lol
Old 10-22-2010, 02:26   #8 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 840330
Thanks Meter: 3
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????/
Old 10-22-2010, 09:31   #9 (permalink)

up up up ??????????????
Old 10-22-2010, 10:34   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 55766
Thanks Meter: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by CellTronic View Post
I also need to know why pwnagetool only support Mac it is sad they need to think in the Windows users the biggest part of iPhone owners and unlockers lol
I bet the big apple i-phone unlockers/repair teams have Apple mac computers it stands to reason. If you do a job professionally you buy the tools for the job. If you cant buy the appropriate tools you make them yourself. If you cant buy them or make them you PAY someone to make them for you. IF YOU WANT THEM FREE you take what is given and adapt what you have so stop bitching.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:18   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I do not whant anything for free and i am not work for anyone for free i have all box on the market and i am one the bigest tecnician of my country and work whit soft and hard i bet better than you i have conditions to buy one mac but i am not whant to, i am not one Apple bitch like you i have one iphone and i love it is the best Apple product ,as you are one great software developer and have 10 macs made one software well protected that it can update all iphones to any version jailbreak and unlock any baseband which work whit Windows and sell to me I can buy, if you as i think cant do it i have no time to discuss whit you poor guy
Old 10-22-2010, 11:45   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 55766
Thanks Meter: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by CellTronic View Post
I do not whant anything for free and i am not work for anyone for free i have all box on the market and i am one the bigest tecnician of my country and work whit soft and hard i bet better than you i have conditions to buy one mac but i am not whant to, i am not one Apple bitch like you i have one iphone and i love it is the best Apple product ,as you are one great software developer and have 10 macs made one software well protected that it can update all iphones to any version jailbreak and unlock any baseband which work whit Windows and sell to me I can buy, if you as i think cant do it i have no time to discuss whit you poor guy
You misunderstand, I am not developer and I am not big company BUT I am fed up with people complaining about unlocking software not working on their operating system ie Vista, window 7 etc. or PC , netbook, notebook etc. If you wanted to enter horse race you buy a horse not a donkey. If you want to unlock fones you buy the appropriate tools and as MOST of the developers of iphone software are apple lovers it stands to reason that they would use the most compatable operating system to do their work and that is why it usually comes first on mac.
I dont do many iphones but I did buy macbook to be able to satisfy my customers and not have to wait until its released on windows.

BTW bitching = complaining, and not a personal insult but you obviously dont understand.
Old 10-22-2010, 19:21   #13 (permalink)

any newsssssssssssssssss ?
Old 10-22-2010, 19:47   #14 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 724838
Thanks Meter: 14
Looks like Limera1n also uses special DFU, may be Greenpois0n also (never tried it). Sure, Pwnage uses it, have created and flashed a custom 4.1 on my 3GS without any problem...
Old 10-23-2010, 03:55   #15 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU_Too View Post
You misunderstand, I am not developer and I am not big company BUT I am fed up with people complaining about unlocking software not working on their operating system ie Vista, window 7 etc. or PC , netbook, notebook etc. If you wanted to enter horse race you buy a horse not a donkey. If you want to unlock fones you buy the appropriate tools and as MOST of the developers of iphone software are apple lovers it stands to reason that they would use the most compatable operating system to do their work and that is why it usually comes first on mac.
I dont do many iphones but I did buy macbook to be able to satisfy my customers and not have to wait until its released on windows.

BTW bitching = complaining, and not a personal insult but you obviously dont understand.
I do a lot of iphones my store located in one área whit people whit money and
always the software is launched whit Windows and Mac togheter only the pwnagetool comimg up only to mac i not have one perfect english and i not search diferent words to same things and i am not complaining at all its only coments i alread have 4 desktops and 2 laptops i dont whant to buy one computer that i will put my hands only to made customs firmwares and update whit them the 3gs phones all others is suported by other tools prefer to whait some days for other developer launch same possibility to windows that is all,and complaining about compatibility i not have any problem whit any software i use my old and good xp professional on my all computers and about complain let the others do this you are not moderator or administrator or suporter or can solve the problem of all guys in this forum no hardware felings pall