GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 19:08   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1615480
Thanks Meter: 1
Question unlock 3g BL 6.04, BS 5.15.04, OS 3.1.3

Ok so I just started researching this stuff about three days ago. Though in those three days my old lady almost divorced me I'm quite sure. So if I'm not using the right terms for these things please forgive me. I think I have gotten as far as I can go without questions, you guys seemed to be a good crowd.

So what I'm trying to achieve is to use my 3g or edge with my AT&T PrePaid Sim Card. The rest works just fine text, call, WiFi. However an Iphone without 3g or edge just isn't and Iphone.

So I have the phone mention in the title Iphone 3g BL 6.04, BS 5.15.04 OS 3.1.3. I have updated this phone to the most current update. (Which was very stupid of me no need to tell me.) Then downgraded OS which I though was my solution. Seems its my BL that is causing issues?

The sticky in this section (http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f456...-team-1150940/) seems like it could be a solution yes no maybe so? I'm a little lost at this point honestly from what I can tell once u have the 6.04 u are screwed. Maybe I am wrong. Any help would be much appreciated thanks in advance to those who have some advice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Marvison For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2011, 00:18   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 186734
Thanks Meter: 165
Hello,

As I understood from your post you do not need to unlock your phone, right?
You just want to use it with AT&T SIM but 3G is not working. Is that correct?

If yes just update your phone firmware to 4.2.1 (that's the latest for 3G) and it should be working fine. If not either there is something wrong with the settings or hardware problem.
Have you tried to use this simcard in another phone? Or different AT&T sim in this phone? Is the phone originally from AT&T? That's quite weird what you saying - everything works properly except 3G/Edge. Never seen that before.

Regards
zeezoo
Old 07-14-2011, 02:24   #3 (permalink)

ive had it updated to 4.2.1 could it be the sim card is not 3g? i noitced that my old one had 3g logo this one does not. but i get the 3g/edge bar next to my 5 signal bars. next month im gonna try and grab a new card from at&t see if that is problem. besides that im lost. thanks for advice sorry bout bad grammer.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:47   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1537908
Thanks Meter: 11
Hello
I think maybe you ve to test an AT&T <working 3g> sim so that you confirm
if the problem is really from your sim card or phone< required hardware attention> before swarping it.
Otherwise go to settings, General, Network then enable <i.e turn on> the 3g.
Old 07-14-2011, 19:31   #5 (permalink)

ive turned 3g on and even if it was that simple edge would still work. ive read some people saying u had to go to unlockit.co.nk to unlock a phone. which i did but that didnt do anything. ill try and track down someone with working 3g sim card. is there differant cards for 3g and non 3g?
Old 07-14-2011, 19:47   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1198842
Thanks Meter: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvison View Post
ive turned 3g on and even if it was that simple edge would still work. ive read some people saying u had to go to unlockit.co.nk to unlock a phone. which i did but that didnt do anything. ill try and track down someone with working 3g sim card. is there differant cards for 3g and non 3g?
Sim cards had nothing to do with 3G, or not... also your Iphone had nothings to do, it is just up to signal, amd majore of reserve server in your case AT&T, who reserve service first 3G got the signal especialy to the Prepaid card, as they are not on contract and the transfer of Data limited to them as they used howmuch cridet i have, i can use.
your update wasnt mistake at all, as u have same sim cards to use, and now there are pressure of At&T to use same methode of EU contries to give unlock free of charge after finish the first 2 years contract. just need time before end this year.
Old 07-15-2011, 16:26   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frake50 View Post
Sim cards had nothing to do with 3G, or not... also your Iphone had nothings to do, it is just up to signal, amd majore of reserve server in your case AT&T, who reserve service first 3G got the signal especialy to the Prepaid card, as they are not on contract and the transfer of Data limited to them as they used howmuch cridet i have, i can use.
your update wasnt mistake at all, as u have same sim cards to use, and now there are pressure of At&T to use same methode of EU contries to give unlock free of charge after finish the first 2 years contract. just need time before end this year.
so your saying i cant use internet on my iphone because everyone else is using up all the bandwidth essentially? neither edge nor 3g works. i have a data plan for my prepaid plan. tried finding someone with a legit iphone contract to see if their sim would work in my phone but i couldnt find anyone. im gonna try using it without anything jailbreak or unlockit.co. let u guys know how it works thanks for the help so far.