GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 12:48   #1 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1231471
Thanks Meter: 79
UNLOCK - why you SHOULD NOT update FIRMWARE and/or BASEBAND

Why you SHOULD NOT update your FIRMWARE to 4.2.1; and why you SHOULD NOT update to BASEBAND 06.15.00!

JAILBREAK FOR iOS 4.2.1 - TETHERED
If you have a newer iPhone 3G / 3GS (usually MC models), if you upgrade to iOS 4.2.1 the JAILBREAK is TETHERED! That means that every single time you power OFF your iPhone, you MUST plug it to your computer and JAILBREAK it again to reboot the device. It's a pain!

RESTORING / UPGRADING TO BASEBAND 06.15.00 - FAIL TO BOOT
In iOS 4.2.1 - and later releases - Apple as included a new baseband version check that will stop your device from booting if the baseband isn't updated.
Not even TinyUmbrella will be able to KICK OUT THE DEVICE OUT OF RECOVERY. Also, you should know that you CANNOT DOWNGRADE the baseband on new iPhones.
This means that if you upgrade the firmware to 06.15.00, if you try to upgrade or restore iOS 4.2.1 - and future releases - YOU WON'T be able to use your iPhone!
You can still install older firmwares like 4.0, 4.0.1 or 4.1 (if you saved your SHSH) with iTunes 10 or lower; otherwise, wait until TinyUmbrella or any software fixes the KICK OUT OF RECOVERY issue.

PS: beware that there ARE NO FIXES for this; if some leecher or COPY/PASTER posts some crappy link to a blog saying it fixes anything, it's FAKE!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to solonpt For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 11-29-2010, 23:04   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 386250
Thanks Meter: 160
RESTORING / UPGRADING TO BASEBAND 06.15.00 - FAIL TO BOOT
In iOS 4.2.1 - and later releases - Apple as included a new baseband version check that will stop your device from booting if the baseband isn't updated.
Not even TinyUmbrella will be able to KICK OUT THE DEVICE OUT OF RECOVERY. Also, you should know that you CANNOT DOWNGRADE the baseband on new iPhones.
This means that if you upgrade the firmware to 06.15.00, if you try to upgrade or restore iOS 4.2.1 - and future releases - YOU WON'T be able to use your iPhone!
You can still install older firmwares like 4.0, 4.0.1 or 4.1 (if you saved your SHSH) with iTunes 10 or lower; otherwise, wait until TinyUmbrella or any software fixes the KICK OUT OF RECOVERY issue.

PS: beware that there ARE NO FIXES for this; if some leecher or COPY/PASTER posts some crappy link to a blog saying it fixes anything, it's FAKE!
[/QUOTE]

all of knows about that..but do u know??about the kick out recovery??its only for iphone 4g.(and iphone 4 unlock still didnot release..)so go away leecher...u are the one who just copy and paste..
Old 11-29-2010, 23:05   #3 (permalink)

Member: 1445423
Thanks Meter: 9
easy solution, if you are on 4.1 just download 4.1ipsw
1 :run redsnow select 4.1 ipsw wait for load up
2: tick install cydia and install ipad baseband
3: click next and wait for finish
4: run cydia and intall ultrasnow for unlock

tested on 5 handsets 3g/3gs working fine
Old 11-30-2010, 00:02   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by idevices View Post
Qutotes from Dumb and Dumber aka tanimr2002 and solonpt.

Allready warnings in blogs long ago

: How to prepare for iOS 4.2 jailbreak with TinyUmbrella 4:21:01
did u actually read my post??did u understand well??if u dont then dont ditch someone ...already lsot of member updating there phn,,and jailbreaking and unlcoking..and u are the one who came from nowhere giving this bla bla sheet for confusing people..go away 20 post leecher..
The Following User Says Thank You to tanimr2002 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2010, 17:56   #5 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanimr2002 View Post
all of knows about that..but do u know??about the kick out recovery??its only for iphone 4g.(and iphone 4 unlock still didnot release..)so go away leecher...u are the one who just copy and paste..
Apparently not, not everybody understands what I said - that includes you.
Pay attention: no matter if you have an iPhone 3G (MC), 3GS (MC) or 4, TinyUmbrella WILL NOT kick the device out of recovery if you try to restore or update to iOS 4.2.1 or later with BASEBAND 06.15.00. Apple included a new protection in iOS releases, starting from 4.2.1, that checks if the BASEBAND was updated or not - and since you CANNOT DOWNGRADE the BASEBAND on new devices (3G / 3GS MC models and iphone 4), your iPhone will NOT BOOT anymore. So you better save your SHSH and restore a lower iOS if you want to get your iPhone back.

Good luck!

PS: about the leechers and COPY/PASTERS I've mentioned, I believe you already meet one of them: "idevices". Another major pain is "unlockeriphone". This is just to name two of them, they usually use new accounts to thank themselves and always post links to their own blogs.
Old 11-30-2010, 19:15   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 1452598
Thanks Meter: 64
HERE IN GOOD ENGLISH...

The new redsn0w 0.9.6beta5 is out. It gives both Windows and OSX users the ability to flash the iPad 06.15 baseband on iPhone3G or iPhone3GS. It fetches the baseband files directly from Apple for now (the only IPSW you ever point it at is the stock IPSW for the FW on your iPhone right now). There may be a long delay while it’s doing this (their servers are currently getting pounded).

— WARNING — YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! PLEASE UNDERSTAND THE CONSEQUENCES OF UPDATING TO 06.15.00
  1. There is no way to come back down from 06.15, and there’s no hiding the baseband version from Apple. You’ll be voiding your warranty in a very obvious way.
  2. If some future baseband comes out with a critical fix, you won’t be able to update to it if it remains down in the 05.xx sequence (then again, you wouldn’t update to it if you wanted to keep your unlock anyway).
  3. Starting with FW 4.2.1 if you have 06.15 on your iPhone you won’t ever be able to restore to stock firmware (it will fail). You’ll need to only restore to custom IPSWs (then again, if you’re unlocker you should already be doing that).
HOW TO: Update / Unlock iPhone 3GS / 3G Baseband 06.15.00 with Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 on iOS 4.2.1 / 4.1 [Windows & Mac]
The Following User Says Thank You to idevices For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2010, 20:14   #7 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1360450
Thanks Meter: 3
What about when the unlock for Iphone 4 is released? When that comes out can us 3GS users just unlock our iPhone on 5.14?
Old 11-30-2010, 21:29   #8 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee_D View Post
What about when the unlock for Iphone 4 is released? When that comes out can us 3GS users just unlock our iPhone on 5.14?
Nobody knows when the unlock for the iPhone 4 will be released and how it will work.
The real problem is that people just WANT to unlock and don't have a single idea of what they are doing. For example, it's too easy for Apple to BLOCK all new iOS firmwares for iPhones with 06.15.00 BASEBAND - although that would be an aggressive Marketing move from Apple.
The only solution for those who updated to 06.15.00 BASEBAND is to rely on CUSTOM firmwares from now on.
The Following User Says Thank You to solonpt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2010, 21:33   #9 (permalink)

Member: 1456081
Sonork: Chinks1204
Thanks Meter: 0
Hi Everyone

I did jailbreak activity successfully through REDSNOW 0.9.6b5. Baseband was also updated to 6.15 but the Cydia was not working!

Every time I press Cydia it keeps on pop up only and goes to menu screen of iphone only over and over again ( every time I do it )

I tried to restore it with iTunes, it went to recovery mode. I am not able to restore it with iTunes as DEV TEAM also mentioned in his blog "Starting with FW 4.2.1 if you have 06.15 on your iPhone you won’t ever be able to restore to stock firmware (it will fail). You’ll need to only restore to custom IPSWs."

Any advise for me to do on this problem?
I know that It cannot be use the original IPSW from apple since it is already jailbroken from redsnow.

My Iphone is in recovery mode. Please tell me how to get out from recovery mode and jailbreak it.

Please let me know how to restore it with custom IPSWs.

Please please help me...... I got stuck..... Never did this before..... Please help me....
Old 11-30-2010, 21:39   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 596071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinks1234 View Post
Hi Everyone

I did jailbreak activity successfully through REDSNOW 0.9.6b5. Baseband was also updated to 6.15 but the Cydia was not working!

Every time I press Cydia it keeps on pop up only and goes to menu screen of iphone only over and over again ( every time I do it )

I tried to restore it with iTunes, it went to recovery mode. I am not able to restore it with iTunes as DEV TEAM also mentioned in his blog "Starting with FW 4.2.1 if you have 06.15 on your iPhone you won’t ever be able to restore to stock firmware (it will fail). You’ll need to only restore to custom IPSWs."

Any advise for me to do on this problem?
I know that It cannot be use the original IPSW from apple since it is already jailbroken from redsnow.

My Iphone is in recovery mode. Please tell me how to get out from recovery mode and jailbreak it.

Please let me know how to restore it with custom IPSWs.

Please please help me...... I got stuck..... Never did this before..... Please help me....
bro your problem is gone with custom firmware here is link
1.open redsnow latest version

2.browse file 4.2.1 3gs orginal firmware

3.select only this option ( just enter pwned DFU mode right now)

4.then flash with this MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service custom firmware

5.after finish flash Do redsnow jailbreak procedure

( if new bootrom means stuck in apple logo after jailbreak pls dont try to flash again just do with redsnow JUST BOOT TETHERED RIGHT NOW option and wait for boot) thanks for mani_satcell
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to memobiles For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2010, 21:44   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 1452598
Thanks Meter: 64
another option..

Your best bet. is to restore to 4.1 with itune. that jailbreak and unlock.

Read why below

Originally Posted by voda66
Please dont update to 4.2.1 as it is tethered, you can still jb and unlock
using 4.1 untethered, with the following simple tutorial

HOW TO: Update / Unlock iPhone 3GS / 3G Baseband 06.15.00 with Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 on iOS 4.2.1 / 4.1 [Windows & Mac]
The Following User Says Thank You to idevices For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2010, 21:51   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 596071
Quote:
Originally Posted by idevices View Post
another option..

Your best bet. is to restore to 4.1 with itune. that jailbreak and unlock.

Read why below

Originally Posted by voda66
Please dont update to 4.2.1 as it is tethered, you can still jb and unlock
using 4.1 untethered, with the following simple tutorial

yes it is better solution rather then me why because it describe in his post if your set is new boot then it is tethered jb so it is better you restore i phone with 4.1 if you not got success then try my solution
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to memobiles For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2010, 23:00   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by solonpt View Post
Apparently not, not everybody understands what I said - that includes you.
Pay attention: no matter if you have an iPhone 3G (MC), 3GS (MC) or 4, TinyUmbrella WILL NOT kick the device out of recovery if you try to restore or update to iOS 4.2.1 or later with BASEBAND 06.15.00. Apple included a new protection in iOS releases, starting from 4.2.1, that checks if the BASEBAND was updated or not - and since you CANNOT DOWNGRADE the BASEBAND on new devices (3G / 3GS MC models and iphone 4), your iPhone will NOT BOOT anymore. So you better save your SHSH and restore a lower iOS if you want to get your iPhone back.

Good luck!

PS: about the leechers and COPY/PASTERS I've mentioned, I believe you already meet one of them: "idevices". Another major pain is "unlockeriphone". This is just to name two of them, they usually use new accounts to thank themselves and always post links to their own blogs.
ok okay my bad..i got u wrong..yup its true that if u update to 4.2.1 then u cant kick out recovery ..but i dont know y people so much bother with 4.2.1??y they cant stay with 4.1..4.1 can kickout recovery with tinyumbrella..
Old 11-30-2010, 23:08   #14 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by memobiles View Post
yes it is better solution rather then me why because it describe in his post if your set is new boot then it is tethered jb so it is better you restore i phone with 4.1 if you not got success then try my solution
Yep. That's my point in the first post of this thread. That's what I'm trying to explain.
Although DEV-TEAM mention some risks about updating the baseband to 06.15.00, they fail to present EXAMPLES of what you might encounter in the near future. Also, they don't even mention that TinyUmbrella needs to fix the KICK OUT OF RECOVERY option - it was one of the few working solution until 4.2.1 was released.
Everybody must wait for future custom firmwares that bypass the BASEBAND check, or go back to iOS 4.1.

PS: idevices is a lame COPY/PASTER; he just steals other user's guides and posts them in is crappy blog. Check out a couple of some ORIGINAL GUIDES (you can find dozens of original posts in this forum):
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f456...4-1-a-1151394/
HOW TO: Update / Unlock iPhone 3GS / 3G Baseband 06.15.00 with Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 and Ultrasn0w 1.2 on iOS 4.2.1 / 4.1 [Windows & Mac] (with video)
The Following User Says Thank You to solonpt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2010, 23:14   #15 (permalink)
No Life Poster

[QUOTE=solonpt;6632775]Yep. That's my point in the first post of this thread. That's what I'm trying to explain.
Although DEV-TEAM mention some risks about updating the baseband to 06.15.00, they fail to present EXAMPLES of what you might encounter in the near future. Also, they don't even mention that TinyUmbrella needs to fix the KICK OUT OF RECOVERY option - it was one of the few working solution until 4.2.1 was released.
Everybody must wait for future custom firmwares that bypass the BASEBAND check, or go back to iOS 4.1.

PS: idevices is a lame COPY/PASTER; he just steals other user's guides and posts them in is crappy blog. Check out a couple of some ORIGINAL GUIDES (you can find dozens of original posts in this forum):
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f456...4-1-a-1151394/

na man..i am not agree with you anymore..u are saying no needs to update
06.15.00..then tell me how can people unlock their iphone without updating baseband..