GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 07:13   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 896667
Sonork: 100.1586139
Thanks Meter: 1,596
" Why I hate the iPhone "

Why I hate the iPhone

I've had an iPhone for over a year now and it still irritates the hell out of me.

Clare Hopping
Published on Mar 27, 2010

There's no denying that the iPhone is in fact one of the best electronic devices on the market, with an amazing App Store and the fact it's the only phone that works with our work's Exchange email, but Apple still has got so many things wrong with it.

After using the HTC Legend and HTC Desire, it's pretty clear what a touchscreen smartphone could and should do.

Have a removable battery

This morning, my iPhone crashed. When I say crashed, it froze. Although there are a number of measures you can take to try and revive it, my iPhone won't respond to anything and is stuck with just last night's Twitterriffic Stream on it display.

If you could take the battery out of the iPhone, I could perform a battery pull and all would be fine.

Now I have to wait all day for the battery to die naturally, and with no push email working, or music playing, it's going to be a long day.

Make phone calls work

It's not just the fact that my iPhone never has coverage, despite both my iPhone and BlackBerry Bold 9700 being on O2, it's also that making and taking calls isn't as easy as just pressing a button to perform the desired function.

You make a call, talk to a friend and then hang up. With the iPhone, you make a call, talk to your friend, have to remove the phone from your face and wait a second before the proximity sensor realises you no longer have the phone stuck to your face so you can hangup.

If you're too fast to press the end button, it switches to speaker phone.

Another irritation is when you receive a text message while on a call, you'll have to read it or at least select it before you can terminate the call.

Include removable memory

Fair enough, not everyone wants the capability to add and remove memory cards, but when the iPhone is used as an iPod and for space consuming applications (and that's the main reason I use it), it'd be nice to bump up the memory a little bit.

My retro iPod Video even has 30GB memory from the box, and when you pay as much as you do for an iPhone, you'd expect a whole lot more memory, or at least the option to bolster it.

I now have 8GB music (about a third of my music collection) and 150 apps on my iPhone - that totals the full capacity.

Make it easy to remove the SIM card

I understand that Apple wanted to make the iPhone as streamlined and sleek as possible, but including a SIM card door that requires a specially designed tool to open it...really?

Any device that includes a proprietary tool in the box should be banned - especially for journalists who need to swap SIM cards more often than the average person.

I need multitasking!

Although I didn't think I'd ever use multitasking, apps changed that.

If I'm playing a game that supports iPod playback, it's great. When a really bad song comes on that I don't want to listen to, I really don't want to have to close the application, amble to iPod and skip the track.

Why not have multitasking? Every other smartphone does. If it's about the processor not being able to deal with it or that the battery life wil be worse, that's a hardware issue that Apple needs to address because a smartphone without multitasking is a feature phone.

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/commen...he_iphone.html