GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > iPhone ,iPod & iPad (Apple Inc. Products) > iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S

iPhone 4 / iPhone 4S iPhone 4 / 4S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 07:32   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 113097
Thanks Meter: 365
Why iPhone Dev Team Should Keep Quiet? [Report]

For years the members of the Dev-team have provided us with easy ways to jailbreak and unlock our Phones. Almost like clock work they produced the tools for us to liberate our phones. We trusted them, did our best not to bother them when the tools took longer than what we wanted, and rejoiced them when the tools were released. And best of all they did it for free.

Then, something happened.

The Dev-Team started listening to our praise. They began to believe their own hype. They had beaten Apple so many times and with relative ease they began to tweet about their next great exploit; the iPhone 4 on new basebands.

They gave us dates, both MuscleNerd and Sherif_Hashim, and the dates passed without an exploit. Finally they gave us an ultimatum, after the release of 4.2.5 or official iOS 4.3, 4.3.1, whatever was later. Don’t believe me? Check out MuscleNerd’s Twitter history. He tweeted that exact comment on Jan 14, 2011

So what happened?

Why no exploit? Simple. The Dev-Team lied to us. They kept us strung out, suffering through endless squabbles with the Chronic Dev team about who came up with what and who leaked what exploit.
They had a throw down with the Chronic Dev Team about who could produce an untether of 4.2.1 faster (which the Chronic Dev Team won by the way, with the release of GreenPoison, a 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak that the Dev-Team had yet to produce).

Every failed delivery date:

With every tweet and every failed delivery date The Dev-Team followers began to grow hostile. And for good reason, they HAD been blatantly lied to. The Dev-Team responded they way they knew how. By lying.

Dev-Team never did promise:

MuscleNerd is adamant about the fact that the Dev-Team never promised release dates. Technically he is right. The Dev-Team never did promise. They did something worse. They Tweeted it. They told the masses that the date was coming. They didn’t have to PROMISE, they had tweeted it. At this point MuscleNerd currently has over 190,000 followers on Twitter. More than half of those followers read that post of Jan 14th, 2011. A promise wasn’t needed.

Jailbreak and Unlock for FREE:

Okay, okay, okay. They do it for free. In my eyes that makes it worse. For years (yes years) the Dev-Team has worked this whole deal as a hobby. That excuse frees them from any type of responsibility from having to produce anything when they say they are going to produce it.

The solution?

Charge us. Charge us a dollar, five dollars, hell I would pay twenty dollars to have my phone unlocked. That would shut them up in a minute. Because now the masses have something invested in the matter and the product must be produced by a said date. But they won’t. That’s too much responsibility. Remember, this is a hobby.

I know, I know. I’m bashing the Dev-Team. After all their years of good service, I’m throwing ‘em under the bus. Someone has to, because the 6 months of lies cannot be let go without a consequence or reaction. In the real world you are held accountable for your actions. The solution is simple. If you don’t have an unlock, don’t say anything. The Chronic-Team only tweets when they have a concrete exploit to share. GreenPoison was released exactly when they said it was going to be released and nothing was said about it before hand. The Dev-Team used to do this. Before they got caught up in their own mystic. Sort of like GeoHotz.

Now, I’ll probably be logged as a troll by both MuscleNerd and Sherif_Hashim should they read this article. That’s ok. I’ll probably get tons of nasty responses from readers about how I could never do what these guys have done. And you’re right. I can’t. Wouldn’t know where to begin. My hat is off to the Dev-Team for the time and the exploits they have produced. ****, I run my phones on the very tools they provide. The difference between me and the Dev-Team?

I never said I could. I never violated your trust. They did.

This post was written by Jeremy Goodlander
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kapilkapoor For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 04-12-2011, 07:54   #2 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1494283
Sonork: 100.1594567
Thanks Meter: 38
Because Steve jobs is dev-team admin

after iphone5 come soon

iphone4 will be unlock all new basebands

just wait
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SPTTEAM_CHINA For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2011, 08:01   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 835
Thanks Meter: 42
It's look like an unbelievable but You're 100% right :-)

Last edited by bontek; 04-12-2011 at 08:07.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:24   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 176744
Thanks Meter: 44
you are right.
SPTTEAM_CHINA well said!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:42   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 319447
Thanks Meter: 4,949
as usual cat-rat race.

Game begins.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:30   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1435897
Sonork: Killer K
Thanks Meter: 277
Yes This Things May Be Possible To... Because Steve Jobs All Ways Wanted To Make There OS ( Both iOS And Mac OS X ) Most Secure OS In The World... So There He Need The Team That Work On Both OS And Find Bugs & Security Gap ( Who We Call Exploit Found Or Pwnde ) ... So After That Apple Team Will Fix That Again And Release New Update Of OS ( Like iOS 4.3 Then 4.3.1 And Will Very Fast Get Update 4.3.2 )..
As Per My Knowledge iOS Is Based On Unix Platform ( Which Is Originally Developed In 1969 By A Group Of AT&T Employees At Bell Labs, Including Ken Thompson, Dennis Ritchie, Brian Kernighan, Douglas McIlroy, and Joe Ossanna & Thats Why AT&T Phone Cant Factory Unlock With Any One Till Now { Its There Monopoly} ). So Without Apple Support I Dont Think Any One Can Find Exploit In iOS Or We Can Get New Jailbreak.
So When New Jailbreak Comes Out The Next iOS Update Will More Secured Then Previous. This Is Called Shooting Two Target With One Bullet.

After All Nothing Is Free In This World..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to krunal2525 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2011, 11:55   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 962029
Sonork: OEM Lock : ON
Thanks Meter: 4,127
ask Jeremy Goodlander to find solution without saying bla bla
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.3. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2011, 13:02   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1109337
Thanks Meter: 197
... LOL ... blah blah from this guy

ps
wish all iphone unlock via credit only, or via box........
Old 04-13-2011, 08:37   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1435897
Sonork: Killer K
Thanks Meter: 277
I Belive That When Ever Dev Team Provide The Solution It Will Be Far Batter Then All Now
Old 04-13-2011, 10:29   #10 (permalink)

Member: 277801
Thanks Meter: 0
I agree with all the Statement above..

If they cant, they can say it out.. Without Googling or blogging daily we will go for an unlocking Solution which is available on the Net..
Many Stories have came out till now..
The latest Block Buster is the NCK unlock thing.. Which is going to be an Hit and its in Top 10 in IMDB..
Fed up of Searching for a news daily..

There are many Mobiles which can Perform a lot more than an Iphone 4, which is available even in lower cost..

I have Planned to Sell this Piece of Rotten Apple **** and get an HTC EVO 3D
Which is far better than this...

Steve If u can make urself free for 1hr, come S*** M* B***

Wasted my Hard Work Savings on buying this Piece of S***
Old 04-13-2011, 13:40   #11 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 55412
Thanks Meter: 20
They dont owe us anything .. so far we owe them what they did so far.
They given their time and skills for four long years.

So what if they cant or wont do it anymore..

Its their choice and .. and we dont deserve an eta

Its like a free gift .. u cant demand explainations or eta or nothing.
The Following User Says Thank You to cellcare_gujrat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2011, 17:01   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 936896
Thanks Meter: 14
No one is unedrstanding the actual point here and most of the replies are stupid.
The other of the post meant the same thing, DEV-TEAM doesn't owe us anything they can stop right away making unlocks etc.
The point is that they have been telling people that the unlock is here, is gonna be up soon etc <<, when you make such statemens in means you have something concrete in your hand which you working, which obviously wasn't the case.

So they should just stop telling people(lieing to people) about how close they are to the unlock.
Old 04-13-2011, 18:37   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 485686
Thanks Meter: 539
why you scare about dev team...they are working hardly for the new inventions and will be back with a final solution
Old 04-13-2011, 20:20   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 386250
Thanks Meter: 160
who is Jeremy Goodlander??do you know him ??is he ur brother..y u posting this ugly info ??do you know u are a copy cat nothing else???u know life is beautiful ..so get a life..lol...and btw if u need unlock just buy a factory unlcoked phone..or ask other box producer to make a box for iphone..lol
The Following User Says Thank You to tanimr2002 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 18:06   #15 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 390642
Sonork: 100.1573430
Thanks Meter: 2,476
Better pay $175 and you get your phone unlocked for live, thats what i did. And now i am happy and dont care about software unlocks

Br,
Tito Millo