GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Chinese Models & Cloned Phones (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f457/)
-   -   Bought Chinese Phone - Company sent wrong language pack (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f457/bought-chinese-phone-company-sent-wrong-language-pack-1265220/)

jackboxer 05-11-2011 10:16

Bought Chinese Phone - Company sent wrong language pack

I bought a 4 sim Chinese phone from Tiny Deal. I requested language pack 1 but they sent me language pack 2. Here is a link for the phone I bought.

TinyDeal - 3.0 QWERTY 4-SIM 2 TF Slot TV FM Bar Mobile Cell Phone

Does anyone have the language packs and software to flash them. Can I buy the cable to flash the phone? The hassle and expense of sending it back to China is not worth it. But I would like to install the language pack I wanted and requested in the first place.

Mcnbox 05-11-2011 11:02

Have one easy solution

ask your supplier send the flash file to you , and using flash tools reflash your phone , that's all !

Best regards !

Mcnbox

jackboxer 05-11-2011 11:03

I am trying to get the files from them. How do I make the cable to flash it? Which flashing tools do I need to download?

Mcnbox 05-11-2011 11:08

flash tools you can download from internet , google will help you too much about this !

The cable you also can make by yourself, like using DKU-5 cable do some modify then can use, just need to know the RX and TX from the phone usb connector.

Mcnbox

jackboxer 05-11-2011 11:09

Is the TX and RX standard USB or do they change them? It has a standard micro USB B connector on the phone.

Mcnbox 05-11-2011 11:39

Regard mobile TX (usual which is High potential), Can using multimeter to the metric data out , once the phone power on , you can get the voltage around 2.6v from phone USB, But sometimes you may get 2 or 3 potential, so if USB have so many pins this will be take much time to fiinish the job . so the easy way which contact your supplier give you the flash cable schematic :-)

Best regards !

Mcnbox

jackboxer 05-11-2011 16:05

Hopefully they will be willing to get it for me. It would have been easier if they didn't screw up the order and would have sent the right language pack as ordered.

jackboxer 05-11-2011 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mcnbox (Post 7303484)
Regard mobile TX (usual which is High potential), Can using multimeter to the metric data out , once the phone power on , you can get the voltage around 2.6v from phone USB, But sometimes you may get 2 or 3 potential, so if USB have so many pins this will be take much time to fiinish the job . so the easy way which contact your supplier give you the flash cable schematic :-)

Best regards !

Mcnbox

The connector on the phone is a micro usb type b female connector. Wouldn't the TX and RX just be the standard for a USB connector of this type. On a standard micro usb type b connector pin 2 is D- and pin 3 is D+. Pin 1 is +5v and pin 4 is ground and pin 5 is not used. Would RX be d- and TX be D+ or is it the other way around?