GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Chinese Models & Cloned Phones

Chinese Models & Cloned Phones All China Phone Platforms like (MTK, Spreadtrum.. etc.) Cloned Nokia Nokla & Motorola . etc. Phones are included

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 05:33   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1151660
Thanks Meter: 1
Question Chinese I phone Model No. A1241 - Free Wifi Internet?

Hello Forum,

I am in Canada, and have just received an Iphone clone model on the back is No. A1241, with WIFI, Bluetooth, Dual SIM, and TV.

I was told that it would be able to connect through WIFI to the internet for free web browsing, and am having difficulty setting this up.

I am able to connect to my WIFI from my wireless router,
(WLAN status : Link speed 54Mbit/s).

The seller told me that I can use a SIM card to make this work so I have purchased a blank SIM card from FIDO.

I press the Opera icon at the bottom of the screen but it does not respond, I take the SIM card out and it will come up with a message "Insert SIM"

The reason I bought this item was not to use it as a phone, but for a free WIFI internet browser.

Would adding "SIM card unlock attachment" fix this problem ?
(goes over the existing SIM card)

Can anyone help me to setup this phone for free WIFI internet, have any suggestions, or knows any links to examples or tutorials? It did not come with any clear instruction manual to set this up.

Thank you so very much for any comments and suggestions.

Last edited by Solarbeam; 11-02-2009 at 05:39. Reason: Missed some info
The Following User Says Thank You to Solarbeam For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 19:29   #2 (permalink)

Member: 1164344
Thanks Meter: 0
Can you help to setup my a1241 to do the same as you did?

Hi,

I am also a new owner of a1241 but amd behind you as I have no clue how to setup the phone to browse through my wireless router either.

Please give me the steps to accomplish that too.

Thanks,

- Itzhack
Old 12-03-2009, 23:48   #3 (permalink)

Member: 1175583
Thanks Meter: 0
i am new owner of a1241 too. i have the same problem with the opera. They guy who sold me the phone , he kind of told me he have the same problem on all his cellphone that he is selling, so i guesss this is the known issues with the software or firmware. he then suggest me to use the safari instead of opera. i found out the only way to make opera runing is to click on java icon , i think you choose the first option with submenu, then you can see a list of program that are install on the phone , you should see opera on this list , just run it from there. As for the wireless setup , you can try to click on the wireless icon and choose i believe it is the third option on submenu , you can create a profile from there . remember keep up touching the bottom of the screen until all the setting are fill out , i had a probelm before where i can't seem to find option to key in the security key , so whenever i try to save it , it will always say i have invaild network key. so later i found out i have to keep on touching the bottom screen , so the option for keying the network key will appear. just watch out for that

anyway if anyone find a way to run opera , please let me know thanks ,