GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Chinese Models & Cloned Phones

Chinese Models & Cloned Phones All China Phone Platforms like (MTK, Spreadtrum.. etc.) Cloned Nokia Nokla & Motorola . etc. Phones are included

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 15:17   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1025119
Thanks Meter: 0
PLEASE HELP ME ...Nokia Arte 8800, China Cloned

Hi all,

I recently just purchased a phone and found out that i got ripped off, Phone is very unstable like it shuts off automatically in 5 minutes while talking, when a person calls me, it may ring and suddenly screen goes blackout. I am suspecting it is either a firmware corruption or it could really be the set itself that is spoilt. Nevertheless, this is the firm ware i am having

Nokia 8800e-1
V 05.20
12 - 11 - 07
RM - 233
(c) Nokia
VariantL 00.00

I guess my firmware maybe outdated. I am residing in Singapore and would like to flash the firmware to the most current with regards to this model, ANYONE KNOWS WHAT IS THE LATEST FIRMWARE for this model? i want it to have most of the menu functions as close as the real nokia firmware.

Next if i want to flash the firmware, how do i actually go about doing that? What should i do next???

Is there any other things i need to do or get to make the flashing of firmware possible? Cables?? i also read about the JAF box etc... I am getting confused.

So i would like to know step by step what i need to do to ensure i am having the latest firmware...Anywhere in Singapore i can go to seek help?? or is there someone who can help me out?

Oh ya, one more question, How do i know what is the flash firmware i should be downloading? Ensuring its the latest for this model?

Thanks a million for those who help.. I have been having headaches with this phone...
Old 05-07-2009, 18:36   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 88333
Thanks Meter: 48
it looks like a normal nokia phone from what there is written so use jaf or universal box
Old 05-08-2009, 02:22   #3 (permalink)

Member: 1025119
Thanks Meter: 0
Normal Phone?

What do you mean when you say it looks like normal nokia phone?? it is a ******* as mentioned and the only problem is that i do not have those boxxes mentioned like JAF or universal boxes.. totally new to this and am not good at flashing as i have been reading and it seems complicated to me. have you personally tried?? what is the firmware i should be getting for my model of handphone?? I mean the latest?? or is there one that is the most similar to real nokia firmware??

Anyone here in Singapore can help me with flashing the firmware???