GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Chinese Models & Cloned Phones

Chinese Models & Cloned Phones All China Phone Platforms like (MTK, Spreadtrum.. etc.) Cloned Nokia Nokla & Motorola . etc. Phones are included

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 12:52   #16 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1108022
Thanks Meter: 32

You wc,

Also if you are interesting for an trial software for adding new language you can use MTKORE: by www.phikore.com/
1. Short Techinal guide for working with MTK phones

http://www.mediafire.com/?xgzlmuyybtz
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to systeam1 For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 09-02-2009, 12:53   #17 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1108022
Thanks Meter: 32
You wc,

Also if you are interesting for an trial software for adding new language you can use MTKORE: by www.phikore.com/
1. Short Techinal guide for working with MTK phones

http://www.mediafire.com/?xgzlmuyybtz
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to systeam1 For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 09-02-2009, 15:52   #18 (permalink)

Member: 1069453
Thanks Meter: 9
Excelent posts!
Very well written. Thank you!

As long as there are no free full firmware editors you might want to mention these free editors:
OXA's MTK firmware editor (it can change graphics and tones as long as they have the same size or are smaler). There is a also a language editor under development.
Also there is the free tool i9rosetta which can edit the language files (again you can only use strings that are shorter or have the same length)
For both tools my reccomdation is NOT to work with your primary backup bur to make an extra copy of your firmware to toy around with!

Last edited by Loonix; 09-02-2009 at 15:58.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loonix For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2009, 22:32   #19 (permalink)

Member: 1089873
Thanks Meter: 2
Great Post.
Thanks a lot. Very informative.
This should be a sticky post.

If only, all those people who are experts or know a lot about the technical details share their knowledge as done in this post, this forum would be a nice place to visit and know things.

I am a novice in the China phones, I have flashed Panasonic phones.

Anybopdy who knows about adding games, ringtones or any other feature to the china phones could write up something like this post, it would help everybody.

Hans
Old 09-05-2009, 03:21   #20 (permalink)

Member: 1112117
Thanks Meter: 0
this was the most helpful thing I have found on these phones. Thanks for your effort.
Old 09-10-2009, 19:21   #21 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 772820
Sonork: BE MASTERMIND
Thanks Meter: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by loonix View Post
excelent posts!
Very well written. Thank you!

As long as there are no free full firmware editors you might want to mention these free editors:
oxa's mtk firmware editor (it can change graphics and tones as long as they have the same size or are smaler). There is a also a language editor under development.
Also there is the free tool i9rosetta which can edit the language files (again you can only use strings that are shorter or have the same length)
for both tools my reccomdation is not to work with your primary backup bur to make an extra copy of your firmware to toy around with!
its all right but where can we downlaod it its not release yet now
or any other softwares in other forums plz reply with whole details
Old 11-05-2009, 01:02   #22 (permalink)

Member: 896810
Unknown®,

Best Guide !!!

I think can disassembly/debbuguer the raw in IDA for learn the OS of MTKs Chips.
I don't know much about MTK chips, i think that is ARM processor, maybe in IDA load this dump of firmware with no problems.
I have a Foston FS-868B and don't have a USB to Serial Cable for learn with you more about this chips MTK in programmer level.
I don't have much knows about eletronics, so very basics knows.
I will search for a schematic for build a cable to USB/Serial for Foston 868B and learn about you programmable interface.

Great job !!!
Old 11-11-2009, 05:58   #23 (permalink)

Member: 1145020
for make a serial cable "Direct COM Interface" in the schematic, Did it use the same USB connector in the phone?
Old 11-12-2009, 05:25   #24 (permalink)

Member: 1111234
Ive been reading in this site for the last 5 hours and finally know that my phone is mtk, well at least i think, ive got a copy of a blackberry 8310 curve, the problem got its simple, when i bought it in China ofcourse the line it worked i could make and recieve calls, then i travelled to usa and i put it an at&t sim and it worked too, but once i finally arrived to Mexico i put it a sim and it didnt worked, so the problem is that the line or mexican sim its blocked, how do i unbloked? could doing it like if was a original BB?....then i meet spider but i hasnt nothing to do with mtk plattaform, then i discovered mtk flash tool, but the problem it seems to be the usb cable i have, coz its usb and mini usb so i suppose it doesnt have the modifications that it needs....so where can i buy the modificated cable?....
the only thing id like to do is to make and recieve calls and msgs if someone could help me id really appreciated and ill contribute to make lika a tutorial or something useful.....
Best Regards,
Old 11-12-2009, 05:59   #25 (permalink)

Member: 1111234
btw i forgot to mention this>

Version / SHR_S_W8_SWT_888_shhlw_v2.02
Branch - gemini
build - build-no
serial- 08170103635
build time 2009/06/30 22:33
Old 11-14-2009, 09:49   #26 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 440163
Thanks Meter: 2,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardoxx View Post
Ive been reading in this site for the last 5 hours and finally know that my phone is mtk, well at least i think, ive got a copy of a blackberry 8310 curve, the problem got its simple, when i bought it in China ofcourse the line it worked i could make and recieve calls, then i travelled to usa and i put it an at&t sim and it worked too, but once i finally arrived to Mexico i put it a sim and it didnt worked, so the problem is that the line or mexican sim its blocked, how do i unbloked? could doing it like if was a original BB?....then i meet spider but i hasnt nothing to do with mtk plattaform, then i discovered mtk flash tool, but the problem it seems to be the usb cable i have, coz its usb and mini usb so i suppose it doesnt have the modifications that it needs....so where can i buy the modificated cable?....
the only thing id like to do is to make and recieve calls and msgs if someone could help me id really appreciated and ill contribute to make lika a tutorial or something useful.....
Best Regards,
take a look on my stick thread ı think ıt will anwser all your questions.
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=574212
The Following User Says Thank You to υИқИΘШИ® For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 13:50   #27 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 1123097
Thanks Meter: 5
Haosung N3000 pinout????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown® View Post
Another way for connection:
"The Multimeter method"

1. Plug your new connector into your phone, with solder pads/pins exposed
2. Put Multimeter into fault-check. (or if unavailable, then it’s highest resistance range)
3. Keep negative Multimeter probe on negative battery connector in phone.
4. Touch each pin of the connector in sequence with the other probe until you hear a beep ( or see 0.000 resistance )
5. Note this connector pin as GNDPin
6. Now install battery and switch on Phone
7. Put Multimeter into DC voltage measurement
8. Keep negative Multimeter probe on GNDPin
9. Touch other pins of the connector in sequence and note pins that have voltage between 2.6 and 2.9 volts.(be careful not to short pins )
10. You should end up with a list of 2 or 3 pins. RX and TX will be among these.
11. Try all combinations of RX and TX with these pins you found.

I’ve found several hundred pinouts with the method above. It works 99% of the time, and takes about 2 minutes once you’re in practice.
So you now have your RX, TX, GND wires on your interface end, and your pinout or set of pinouts to try for the phone. It’s time to dive into the flashing in practice.
My phone used an L10C (2*5 pin) connector. It is bircked because of high speed sim option. Can I still find the pinouts even though it is dead?
Old 12-01-2009, 04:09   #28 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 1123097
Thanks Meter: 5
Haosung n3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown® View Post
Another way for connection:
"The Multimeter method"

1. Plug your new connector into your phone, with solder pads/pins exposed
2. Put Multimeter into fault-check. (or if unavailable, then it’s highest resistance range)
3. Keep negative Multimeter probe on negative battery connector in phone.
4. Touch each pin of the connector in sequence with the other probe until you hear a beep ( or see 0.000 resistance )
5. Note this connector pin as GNDPin
6. Now install battery and switch on Phone
7. Put Multimeter into DC voltage measurement
8. Keep negative Multimeter probe on GNDPin
9. Touch other pins of the connector in sequence and note pins that have voltage between 2.6 and 2.9 volts.(be careful not to short pins )
10. You should end up with a list of 2 or 3 pins. RX and TX will be among these.
11. Try all combinations of RX and TX with these pins you found.

I’ve found several hundred pinouts with the method above. It works 99% of the time, and takes about 2 minutes once you’re in practice.
So you now have your RX, TX, GND wires on your interface end, and your pinout or set of pinouts to try for the phone. It’s time to dive into the flashing in practice.
What do you mean by try all combinations? I found pins 1, 2 and 3 giving 2.8v each. So how do I tell which is Tx and Rx? Gnd is pin 6.
The Following User Says Thank You to Casanova2k8 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2010, 18:11   #29 (permalink)

Member: 122719
Great post, well done.

I could not find the appendix A for the codes, could anyone help.

Thanks
Old 01-16-2010, 09:02   #30 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 148720
Thanks Meter: 16
*#8375#, and *#4853*# these codes are supported by my Phone P Mobile E72 Pro
so plz give codes to findout firmware
thanx in advance