GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Chinese Models & Cloned Phones (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f457/)
-   -   Phones that have build in COM emulation - help, it is easy (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f457/phones-have-build-com-emulation-help-easy-851306/)

bandaska 10-30-2009 10:58

Phones that have build in COM emulation - help, it is easy

HI all,

nobody was answering my previous post, therefore I create new one.
Can you confirm my idea here :

I did some thinking about the flashing of phones which have build in COM port emulation, as my Watch phone Q8 has.

By using tools like FlashTool or Spiderman, the phones has to be connected as switched off RIGHT ? Than you have to press phone read button and finally then the phone on/off button should be pushed? And any flashtool should read phone, if the cabel is correct and phone working ?
Am I correct ?

If yes, than the emulated COM port, which my q8 watch phone is capable of, is no use, because the COM is emulated only when the phone is fully switched on. Than Flashtools etc... can not read phone propetly.

I guess, I will have to make other COM cable for correct phone reading in any flashing software ? Because the phone is not able to send initial signal to FlashTools or Spiderman when it is fully switch on ?

thanks for your opinion and help
bandaska

bandaska 11-01-2009 20:48

Really upset

HI PEOPLE,

I AM DISAPPOINTED. NONE ANSWER TO NONE OF MY THREE POSTS HERE.
I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME OR WITH YOU GUYS. :rolleyes:
PLEASE HELP ME AND ANSWER MY POST OTHERWICE I WILL LOOK FOR OTHER FORUM WHERE ARE BIGGER EXPERTS.

I want to be usefull too and help others, I did not find any mention about chinees Wath phone here, I am able to supply these information and also provide you FLASH file etc...:):):)

THANKS A LOT
REGARDS
Otto (bandaska):confused:

oOXTCOo 11-02-2009 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandaska (Post 4992535)
HI PEOPLE,

I AM DISAPPOINTED. NONE ANSWER TO NONE OF MY THREE POSTS HERE.
I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME OR WITH YOU GUYS. :rolleyes:
PLEASE HELP ME AND ANSWER MY POST OTHERWICE I WILL LOOK FOR OTHER FORUM WHERE ARE BIGGER EXPERTS.

I want to be usefull too and help others, I did not find any mention about chinees Wath phone here, I am able to supply these information and also provide you FLASH file etc...:):):)

THANKS A LOT
REGARDS
Otto (bandaska):confused:

i cant help you with this, since i dont have any expirience about chinese phones...

but maybe if you open your phone you find some contact points witch have name like:

Dbg_TX and Dbg_RX

if so, connect your rx and tx cables to this points.

i found some phones witch uses this ports for communication.

maybe the original miniusb connect is just for filetransfer (it just open file system or mostly only sd card like usbstick).
there is clear no communciation possible for flashing nor reading any info like imei, sw version or something like that.

you know what i mean?

br.
hari ;)

janar_jk 11-02-2009 03:10

Agreed with oOXTCOo but one thing is that u can use ur phone com emulator for changing imei. If u wana read out flash or unlock, or even reflash u need direct pinout. if u can post ur phone motherboard pictures we might found way to help You.

bandaska 11-02-2009 23:06

Hi oOXTCOo and janar_jk,

thanks a lot for Hints. I will open the phone in a while.
With the cable I am able to open file system of the phone and SD-card.
I need to download flash file and translate the menu to czech language, that is the purpose why I want to build a cable.

BTW. thanks a lot, I almost think I am alone here :)
regards
bandaska

oOXTCOo 11-03-2009 00:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandaska (Post 4995997)
Hi oOXTCOo and janar_jk,

thanks a lot for Hints. I will open the phone in a while.
With the cable I am able to open file system of the phone and SD-card.
I need to download flash file and translate the menu to czech language, that is the purpose why I want to build a cable.

BTW. thanks a lot, I almost think I am alone here :)
regards
bandaska

iam shure the connection port you use is just for sd card.

post photo of you phones board if you cant find the points.

bandaska 11-03-2009 19:21

Hi all,

I do not know why I can not upload the attachement. It says that Upload failed.:confused::confused:

Today I have opened the phone. The board chip is MTK 6225A. At the mini 12pin USB, there is not Tx or Rx sign, even there is no sign on the board. I just see the ground and V+, those two pins are obvious. I will try to do the search as i found in this forum, I will try to look for a pins that are under current at switch off mode. Those should be Tx and Rx.

In previous thread, I wrote about a weak signal of this Q8 watch phone. Today I have noticed there is a connector for external antenna on the board, the connector is hidden and only visible by disassambling the phone body.
Does there exist any tiny cable with connector, that can be used as external boost antenna ? There is a white small tube with wire aroud, that is the primary antenna I guess. But this antenna needs some boost.

Thanks for you posts
regards
bandaska

bandaska 11-03-2009 19:54

I did some overide and posts photos to web.
See Q8, dual sim, guatband, chinese watch phone board and chip.

I will be happy for any hints regaring flash cable pinout or antenna boost.

Here are the photos
http://212.47.18.61/q8_watch_phone_photos/

thaks
bandaska

oOXTCOo 11-04-2009 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandaska (Post 4999264)
I did some overide and posts photos to web.
See Q8, dual sim, guatband, chinese watch phone board and chip.

I will be happy for any hints regaring flash cable pinout or antenna boost.

Here are the photos
http://212.47.18.61/q8_watch_phone_photos/

thaks
bandaska

i would try to meshure the connector for other rx and tx communication ports.

look in infinity section, they show you how to make this via mulitmeter.

i bet this is accessible per the connector.

about your antenna, i think solder a short wire additionaly to the external antenna connector would maybe bring better network.

bandaska 11-06-2009 11:47

Hi oOXTCOo,

thanks for hints.

Regarding the antenna. You think that to solder tiny isolated Cu cable would be enough ? I am just worry about the harmonization of GMS signal.
The antennas are usually harmonize with GSM frequency eg. 900Mhz or 1800Mhz here in Europe, do you think that to solder a cable will have no effect to the signal harmonization ?

Regarding flashing tools. I have FlashTools, Spideman etc... Every these tools supports only COM communication. Therefore I daubt I can use my USB cabel even resoldering it and directly connect to USB. I will have to use USB to COM hardware emulation. I did not find a software that is capable of forwarding USB trafic to PC COM port, as my desktop has COM port. ??? Therefoore will probably soler a Canon 9pin connector to COM port and add external V+.

Regarding the cable. I will do the measuring and will wrote a correct pinout of Q8 for this phone to this forum.

BTW. Q8 is nice phone with almost nice menu :)

regards
bandaska

bandaska 11-07-2009 00:41

Hi,
I did soldering and measurement just know. And the conclusion are very similar to d600. Q8 has 12pin mini usb too.
It looks that china Watch phone Q8 has same pinout like d600.

This should be Q8.

http://pinouts.ru/connectors/chinese_12p.gif
1,2 GND NEGETIVE
7 RX RECIVING SECTION
8 TX TRANSMITING SECTION
11,12 V+

regards
Otto

bandaska 11-09-2009 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by oOXTCOo (Post 5003122)
i would try to meshure the connector for other rx and tx communication ports.

look in infinity section, they show you how to make this via mulitmeter.

i bet this is accessible per the connector.

about your antenna, i think solder a short wire additionaly to the external antenna connector would maybe bring better network.

Hi,
I did solder a tiny Cu isolated cable to inside external antenna connector. And place it all around the phone mainboard. I did my luck, I do not know how to calculate correct length for 900Mhz and 1800Mhz. So I placed by luck 11cm length cabel. Sofare I would say the signal is better, let say, much better for both sim cards. I will test it for some time and will see.
If it would work, I do not know how to contact Chinese manufacturer and ask him to add such cable as antenna hehe lol http://forum.gsmhosting.com/ubb/smile.gif Because I want to sell these phone on local market too.

PS. I am just curious if this antenna customization will or will not effect the bluetoogh quality. will see.

Thanks for the hint. I would probably do the same thing, but you pushed me forwared :-)

regads
bandaska

bandaska 11-12-2009 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandaska (Post 5010365)
Hi,
I did soldering and measurement just know. And the conclusion are very similar to d600. Q8 has 12pin mini usb too.
It looks that china Watch phone Q8 has same pinout like d600.

This should be Q8.

http://pinouts.ru/connectors/chinese_12p.gif
1,2 GND NEGETIVE
7 RX RECIVING SECTION
8 TX TRANSMITING SECTION
11,12 V+

regards
Otto

Hi all,

my previous post was not correct. These are correct pinouts, It is working. Today I have connected the phone to SpiderMan 2.50 and downloaded the 16MB firmware.

Correct Watch Phone Q8 pinouts is this:
1,2 - Ground
6 - Tx
7 - Rx
11,12 - voltage

kind regards
bandaska