GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Chinese Models & Cloned Phones

Chinese Models & Cloned Phones All China Phone Platforms like (MTK, Spreadtrum.. etc.) Cloned Nokia Nokla & Motorola . etc. Phones are included

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 17:59   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1063738
Thanks Meter: 0
Problem with i68+

Hello all. I purchased a sciphone i68+ a few months ago. Possibly a fake version. Have tried everything but cannot get my network to register. IMEI numbers corrected. Band selection automatic. Cannot register network in automatic or manual. Could this be a firmware problem??? I have not purchased china phone before so I am not very familiar. This is the firmware version currently installed

MAUI.07B.W08.MP.V4.F1
[BRANCH]: 07B L01_GEMINI_07B
BUILD: BUILD_NO
SERIAL#:***********

[BUILD TIME]
2009/04/16 18:28

Would flashing another firmware correct this problem or is there something else I could do?? I see the same problem in many forums with this same build date/Maui version. Please any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:09   #2 (permalink)

Called AT&T and they attempted to register phone using IMEI numbers and then told me china phones not compatible with the network. And that they were receiving no signal from their tower. I was showing full strength signal at the time they were telling me this. I have seen several ppl in different forums who use AT&T network and have a functioning sciphone i68+. Please someone advise!! Would new firmware solve this problem?? I see all my contacts on the sim. I just cannot register with the network. Please advise
Old 07-07-2009, 07:49   #3 (permalink)

Member: 987030
I think there is something wrong with IMEI code, maybe you could try to change it, please visit below link, I think it will give you some help.

http://www.mysciphone.com/English_Sc...=3646&start=45
Old 07-11-2009, 00:19   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the info. Tried that too. I did originally have a problem with the second IMEI number. The IMEI tool changed it. My sticker has both IMEI numbers as the same. So I don't kno what else to try. Used the IMEI number analyzer to check if these were valid and for one it says possibly valid. The other said no way to analyze if it was valid. But thank you.