GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Chinese Models & Cloned Phones

Chinese Models & Cloned Phones All China Phone Platforms like (MTK, Spreadtrum.. etc.) Cloned Nokia Nokla & Motorola . etc. Phones are included

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 00:41   #1 (permalink)

Member: 775928
Thanks Meter: 0
Chinese Mtk 228 Help!!!

MTK 228- MEDIA TEK

Ok so i bought this phone about a week ago. Not a bad phone for the price, definitely has potential. But i have been having a few issues maybe someone here can help me out....

1. UNABLE TO RECIEVE "MMS" MESSAGES-
i can send them fine.. i just CANNOT RECIEVE. My carrier T-
Mobile USA doesnt seem to be able to help because they do kno
recognize the phone.. and the chipset is unknown.- HELP

2. UNABLE TO PLAY ANY MOVIE FORMAT ON THE PHONE-
says its 3gp compatable, mp4 and the camera records in avi... but
still i CANNOT use any of those formats.

3. MY FM RADIO DOESNT WORK... ANY SUGGESTIONS?????

AGAIN MY CARRIER IS T- MOBILE USA

ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!
THANKS!
Old 06-15-2008, 22:28   #2 (permalink)

Member: 788199
Thanks Meter: 2
I got this covered

Alright umm I got this phone less than a month a go and I got T-Mobile too so ill try to help you
For the MMS you have to go to Services>data account>GPRS> then choose and empty account or just delete all info from anyone of them and rename it T-Mobile and the APN should be wap.voicestream.com
User name and Password leave empty, Auth Type normal

2. For playing Movies I suggest you use 3gp cuz it plays best
I used Super Video converter thats the name of it so google it and download it or you could use whatever converter you want
Set it to 3gp the one for on Super its the first option and for the video codec you want to use H263 and for audio set it to AMR and thatll play on your phone

My radio works so idk how to fix that but I would mess around with the radio settings it might be trying to pick up frequencies from japan or something idk just look around in the settings is the best advice i could give you

Oh and if you need help setting up the internet on it send me a message I know how to set up the 5.99 tzones internet but idk how to set up the 19.99 full internet.

Old 06-17-2008, 00:13   #3 (permalink)

thanks for the info.. i am still having a little difficulty.. i did what u instructed me to do for the mms.. however.. what settings do u have for messages>mms> mms settings> edit profile.. under mmsc url connection type and all that stuff. what do u have?

thanks again
Old 06-17-2008, 01:37   #4 (permalink)

Mms

go to edit profile then choose a profile any one
and rename it T-Mobile MMS
then under MMSC URL it should be http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
Data account T-Mobile
connection type is Http and leave as all 0 and if that doesnt work then put it as Proxy Address: 216.155.165.050 and Proxy Port: 8080
tell me if it works

Old 06-17-2008, 05:02   #5 (permalink)

how do i leave http "all as zero?" i didnt understand that part.. it doesnt allow me too.. and the 216.155.165.050 prox 8080 doesnt work

any other suggestions?
Old 06-25-2008, 22:04   #6 (permalink)

Member: 800498
hi i have the same problem. i bought my mt228 off ebay and when i received it it couldnt go to the net or send or receive mms. i called tmobile data tech support and set up the internet manually which works fine but i still cant send or receive MMS. everytime i try it says "media not in class content limit". the data tech support informed me the phone has a data lock on their. so how do i unlock the data?
Old 06-27-2008, 04:33   #7 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 747436
Sonork: 1580536
Thanks Meter: 7
please use supper star box to pinfinder is ok .
Old 06-27-2008, 16:48   #8 (permalink)

what? how is that gonna help
Old 06-27-2008, 21:52   #9 (permalink)

Member: 800498
what is supper star box to pinfinder? and how is that going to help me fix my prob of sending and receiving mms?
Old 07-08-2008, 22:13   #10 (permalink)

Member: 809986
just got the phone just wondering if anyone is having problems with the signal
Old 07-10-2008, 00:26   #11 (permalink)

We should just Contact MEDIA TEK.. and bitch at them about the MMS
Old 07-14-2008, 06:53   #12 (permalink)

Member: 813834
Wow.

Ok sooooo.... I've been having all the same issues. I think we all have, However contacting Media Tek would be a waste of time. A few men from Hong Kong that worked for Media Tek stayed at the hotel I work at a few nights ago. I asked them about the phone and he said, we only make the internal chip... the rest of the phone is made elsewhere. So he couldn't help me with anything. They basically do the screens I guess.
So I'm not so sure how we find these answers out.

-Yes my phone goes in and out of service all the time, sometimes actually turning the phone off to where I have to take the battery out and put it back in and start over.

-Yes I cannot receive or send picture messages which really bums me out. I tried all the above answers.... nothing worked.

-Other then that, the phone is great. I get a lot of complements from people on how cool it is. I agree.

But if someone is well informed on this phone or could help us all out, that would be fantastic!!!