GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Chinese Models & Cloned Phones

Chinese Models & Cloned Phones All China Phone Platforms like (MTK, Spreadtrum.. etc.) Cloned Nokia Nokla & Motorola . etc. Phones are included

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 13:21   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1140221
Thanks Meter: 8
Watch phone Q8 - pinout measurement, voltage. No luck.

Hi All,

I would like to ask you for help.
I am fighting with Tx,Rx pinout of watch phone Q8.
I did following measurement - I use low-end voltmeter :
12-pin mini USB connector
Pin number, voltage, the phone was switched OFF ! :

I count the pins from Left side to Right side. Holding the Male connector in hand before me. Is is correct ?

The Chip is MTK 6225
1- GRN
2- GRN
3- 0 V
4- 2,65 V
5- 0,14 V
6- 2,75 V
7- 2,82 V
8- 3,68 V - this is strange, to high ?
9- 1,38V (used for USB file communication, pinout of standard USB cabel)
10- 1,05 V (used for USB file communication, pinout of standard USB cabel)
11- V+
12- V+

I do not know how to find Tx and Rx. I though that 7. is Rx and 8. is Tx, but it looks incorrect.

I did not find Tx by the DIOD BEEP voltmeter diod. There is resistance on every pin to ground pin. When the phone is Switched OFF.

Some pins are powered when the phone is swiched ON, and at OFF state there is not voltage on those pins. Maybe some of these pins will be Tx ?
Can you help?

I tried Spiderman 2.55 and 2.50 with Crack, I tried FlashTools 6.18. with 7-Rx and 8-Tx, but no communication was in place. Just some nice picture of dolly and connected phone on the phone screen.

I am waiting for better voltmeter and will try to measure again, but sofare I am hopless.

PS. when I connect only 1,2 and 11,12 to the phone, the phone charge normally.

Thanks a lot
regards
Otto
Old 11-12-2009, 19:22   #2 (permalink)

Member: 1140649
Thanks Meter: 0
Take the USB cable and handsfree set (if any) and figure out which pins are used on tem. Handsfree set should have common only GND, other pins (for headphones and mic) can be marked out. USB cable tells you where the GND is, other pins can be also marked out. You can do this only by looking at the connectors. If you need charging pin, just open the usb cable and look at red wire / measure it. This procedure will give you just a few pins rest.

Then measure the voltage of resting pins. You should find battery output voltage (it can be those 3,68V - the battery is not charged much bro), mark it out. If you find some 0V or similar pins, mark them out as well. You can end up with three pins with 2,5-3V - rx and tx are ussualy side by side - so try to connect with them. If phone turns on, swap them, that should be it.

Let us know if it works
Old 11-12-2009, 22:48   #3 (permalink)

Member: 1140221
Thanks Meter: 8
Finding Tx and Rx for Watch phone Q8 - solved

Hi all,

HEUREKA, HEUREKA, HEUREKA

I did suceeded today and found Rx,Tx pins, I used Spiderman 2.50 cracked and download the Fimware of my Watch phone Q8 for backup.

The correct pins for Watch phone Q8 for flashing are these :
1,2 - Ground
6 - Tx
7 - Rx
11,12 - voltage

What were my steps? :
1) Find proper phone pinouts. You can search the internet, but you might have bad luck as I did. Watch phone Q8 is not described so I had to start my own search.
First you need to eliminate as much known pins as possible. I disassambled USB cabel and HandsFree cable. Though these cable I have eliminated 8 pins of 12 ! I found V++, Ground pins and other no use pins for flashing.

Than I solder cables to all unknown pins for getting voltage measurement and various combination to find the Rx or Tx pins.

BE TO SURE NOT SHORTEN ANY CABLES. THE INSIDE PHONE ELECTRONICS MY BURN OUT. I WAS LUCKY AND DID NOT DESTROY MY PHONE

Than you have to measure the voltage. BE SURE TO USE MIDDLE QUALITY voltmeter. I first used low-end voltmeter and that costs me one week of time because it was not good. My new middle quality voltemeter - costs me 39 USD is more accurate, but it is worth it.

Measure phone with OFF and ON state. The ON state is more important.

I did measurement and found that the 3 rest pins has voltage around 2,75V. The last one pin has almost 4 Volts, this one is direct batter power (it does not change the voltage when you switch ON and OFF the phone) and is no use. (Thanks hf_mode)

The method of finding Tx using the DIOD BEEB IS NOT WORKING FOR THIS PHONE !!! There is resistance on every pins towards GRN at ON or OFF status.

Then I purchase a little square, which is use to build some schematics and for testing purposes. I used it to connect cables to it and simply try to rotate those 3 cables soldered to phone connetor pins which has 2,75 V.
I tried various combinations. After each combination I tried to connect the phone to Spiderman 2.50.
Be sure, that one combination is correct. I had 6 combinations with 3 cables
Then I found Tx, and Rx. Previously I known V+ (voltage pin from USB) and GNR (negative volage from USB).
This was the hardest part.

2) I purchased a USB to COM cable. It is a cable with USB connector and some phone connector on the other site. Between is chip which emulate COM port, there is CD with drivers to Windows and new port will apear in the Windows system. Very ofter it is chip PL-2303 (my was PL-2303HX). I found a schematics of the chip and found where is Rx, Tx, GRN, and V++. Then I use magnifying glass to find the ways from the chip to the pins of the cable on the chip board. Than you have to cut the non correct phone connector and solder correct your phone connetor.
Because I purchased USB to COM cabel for LG old phone, the connector did not fit to my Watch phone Q8 for which I purchase mini USB 12-pin connector over the ebay. So I cut the LG connector and solder Watch phone mini USB connector. I solder it to proper pins.

3) I found and downloaded Spiderman 2.50 cracked software. Thanks to you someone, who published this software.
I press Connect, switch to the proper Windows COM port, left the com data speed to highest level.
Then I first try the BOOT button. Before I pushed the BOOT I connected switched OFF Q8 phone. After pushing BOOT button SpiderMan asked me to switched the phone ON and HEUREKA, phone communicated.
After the boot I did READ and download full flash, as Spiderman 2,50 recognize the MTK 6225 chip correctly.

Thats all. Now I can do some experiments with the firmware

Good luck
bandaska
The Following User Says Thank You to bandaska For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2009, 23:54   #4 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 1123097
Thanks Meter: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandaska View Post
Hi all,

HEUREKA, HEUREKA, HEUREKA

I did suceeded today and found Rx,Tx pins, I used Spiderman 2.50 cracked and download the Fimware of my Watch phone Q8 for backup.

The correct pins for Watch phone Q8 for flashing are these :
1,2 - Ground
6 - Tx
7 - Rx
11,12 - voltage

What were my steps? :
1) Find proper phone pinouts. You can search the internet, but you might have bad luck as I did. Watch phone Q8 is not described so I had to start my own search.
First you need to eliminate as much known pins as possible. I disassambled USB cabel and HandsFree cable. Though these cable I have eliminated 8 pins of 12 ! I found V++, Ground pins and other no use pins for flashing.

Than I solder cables to all unknown pins for getting voltage measurement and various combination to find the Rx or Tx pins.

BE TO SURE NOT SHORTEN ANY CABLES. THE INSIDE PHONE ELECTRONICS MY BURN OUT. I WAS LUCKY AND DID NOT DESTROY MY PHONE

Than you have to measure the voltage. BE SURE TO USE MIDDLE QUALITY voltmeter. I first used low-end voltmeter and that costs me one week of time because it was not good. My new middle quality voltemeter - costs me 39 USD is more accurate, but it is worth it.

Measure phone with OFF and ON state. The ON state is more important.

I did measurement and found that the 3 rest pins has voltage around 2,75V. The last one pin has almost 4 Volts, this one is direct batter power (it does not change the voltage when you switch ON and OFF the phone) and is no use. (Thanks hf_mode)

The method of finding Tx using the DIOD BEEB IS NOT WORKING FOR THIS PHONE !!! There is resistance on every pins towards GRN at ON or OFF status.

Then I purchase a little square, which is use to build some schematics and for testing purposes. I used it to connect cables to it and simply try to rotate those 3 cables soldered to phone connetor pins which has 2,75 V.
I tried various combinations. After each combination I tried to connect the phone to Spiderman 2.50.
Be sure, that one combination is correct. I had 6 combinations with 3 cables
Then I found Tx, and Rx. Previously I known V+ (voltage pin from USB) and GNR (negative volage from USB).
This was the hardest part.

2) I purchased a USB to COM cable. It is a cable with USB connector and some phone connector on the other site. Between is chip which emulate COM port, there is CD with drivers to Windows and new port will apear in the Windows system. Very ofter it is chip PL-2303 (my was PL-2303HX). I found a schematics of the chip and found where is Rx, Tx, GRN, and V++. Then I use magnifying glass to find the ways from the chip to the pins of the cable on the chip board. Than you have to cut the non correct phone connector and solder correct your phone connetor.
Because I purchased USB to COM cabel for LG old phone, the connector did not fit to my Watch phone Q8 for which I purchase mini USB 12-pin connector over the ebay. So I cut the LG connector and solder Watch phone mini USB connector. I solder it to proper pins.

3) I found and downloaded Spiderman 2.50 cracked software. Thanks to you someone, who published this software.
I press Connect, switch to the proper Windows COM port, left the com data speed to highest level.
Then I first try the BOOT button. Before I pushed the BOOT I connected switched OFF Q8 phone. After pushing BOOT button SpiderMan asked me to switched the phone ON and HEUREKA, phone communicated.
After the boot I did READ and download full flash, as Spiderman 2,50 recognize the MTK 6225 chip correctly.

Thats all. Now I can do some experiments with the firmware

Good luck
bandaska
any recommendations of how to make a flash cable? Like what can i buy that has the pl2303 chip and modify it?
Old 02-25-2010, 16:09   #5 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 1123097
Thanks Meter: 5
Please help! Anyone!! I'm desperate!!

Hi! My phone is not an i9 or anything like it but it is chinese nonetheless. It has a MT6225A cpu. I bought a flash cable and now i want to make it so it connects with my phone (i bought a connector for my phone and a regular chinese flash cable). I'm having trouble connecting the wires as i don't know what pins they should be connected to. Please read below for the details and voltages.
Please help

I used a multimeter and read the voltages on my pins. I now have:
1- 0V
2- 2.63v (maybe tx/rx)
3- 2.69v (maybe tx/rx)
4- 2.78v (maybe tx/rx)
5-3.67v (battery pin)
6- 0v (it beeps when I check resistance, so this is GND)
7- 0v
8- 0v
9- 0.4v
10- 0.5v

Can you please help me decide how to connect my wires to these? I have red, black and green wires. I don't know which should attach to what pin. Is there a way to know wire should connect to which pin by checking the wires voltage???
When I checked the voltages on the wires, I got:
Black- 2.65v (maybe tx/rx)
Green- 0v (i think this is GND)
Red- 3.99v (maybe battery voltage)

Should I put the RED wire to pin 5 and try to read??
Old 01-01-2013, 18:41   #6 (permalink)

Member: 1861555
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandaska View Post
Hi All,

I would like to ask you for help.
I am fighting with Tx,Rx pinout of watch phone Q8.
I did following measurement - I use low-end voltmeter :
12-pin mini USB connector
Pin number, voltage, the phone was switched OFF ! :

I count the pins from Left side to Right side. Holding the Male connector in hand before me. Is is correct ?

The Chip is MTK 6225
1- GRN
2- GRN
3- 0 V
4- 2,65 V
5- 0,14 V
6- 2,75 V
7- 2,82 V
8- 3,68 V - this is strange, to high ?
9- 1,38V (used for USB file communication, pinout of standard USB cabel)
10- 1,05 V (used for USB file communication, pinout of standard USB cabel)
11- V+
12- V+

I do not know how to find Tx and Rx. I though that 7. is Rx and 8. is Tx, but it looks incorrect.

I did not find Tx by the DIOD BEEP voltmeter diod. There is resistance on every pin to ground pin. When the phone is Switched OFF.

Some pins are powered when the phone is swiched ON, and at OFF state there is not voltage on those pins. Maybe some of these pins will be Tx ?
Can you help?

I tried Spiderman 2.55 and 2.50 with Crack, I tried FlashTools 6.18. with 7-Rx and 8-Tx, but no communication was in place. Just some nice picture of dolly and connected phone on the phone screen.

I am waiting for better voltmeter and will try to measure again, but sofare I am hopless.

PS. when I connect only 1,2 and 11,12 to the phone, the phone charge normally.

Thanks a lot
regards
Otto
Hi,
I have the same watch phone, I have change the touch screen but I have a red wire that I don't know where is souldered, help me please!