GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Support (SIM Solution) > TORNADO - SIM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 13:12   #1 (permalink)

Member: 648699
Thanks Meter: 0
TornadoSIM confusion.... No tornadosim found!?

Received 50 tornadoSIM's from NarryGSM a week or two ago.

With them, came 2 adapters.

the security dongle :

and the USB card reader :

I have set the 2 up.... installed both drivers, and they're both recognized.

The USB CCID driver works fine, and upon connectiing to the computer, windows recognizes the USB SMART CARD READER and the red light on it flashes.

Upon connecting the security dongle... the red light flashes, and windows acknowledges it.

I can start up the firmware updating software fine.... but the second i try to read the tornadoSIM, i get this message :

When trying to read the GSM-sim setttings.... it says the same message, but for the GSM SIM.

WHAT am i doing wrong!?

Please help.

Need to get these TornadoSIM's working fully with Iphone's. Have a lot of angry customers.

Old 10-24-2008, 20:40   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 6328
Thanks Meter: 3,595
First - the security dongle part is ok, since the software is running.
So, your problem comes from the smartcard adapter (reader) used to program the TORNADOSIM cards.

It can be one of the following causes:

1 - CHECK when Windows is detecting the dongle if it is CCID or UART reader, that you have there and install the correct drivers for it.
DOUBLE CHECK IF ALL IS OK installed, from DEVICE MANAGER.

More about the Smartcard adapter types here:
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=615173

2 - If you have installed correctly the drivers, FOR THE tornadosim card reader TYPE that you have there, then check with few Simcards and Tornado sims and also check that all this are having good contacts together.
If all is ok, and you still cannot program, then it is possible that you have a non-working programming adapter (CCID or Uart). In this case, to make your cards work fast - you can use first another donlge, like Pkey dongle by example, untill you sort it out with your reseller.

regards,
Gobi

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gobi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2009, 01:05   #3 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 314784
Thanks Meter: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobi View Post
First - the security dongle part is ok, since the software is running.
So, your problem comes from the smartcard adapter (reader) used to program the TORNADOSIM cards.

It can be one of the following causes:

1 - CHECK when Windows is detecting the dongle if it is CCID or UART reader, that you have there and install the correct drivers for it.
DOUBLE CHECK IF ALL IS OK installed, from DEVICE MANAGER.

More about the Smartcard adapter types here:

2 - If you have installed correctly the drivers, FOR THE tornadosim card reader TYPE that you have there, then check with few Simcards and Tornado sims and also check that all this are having good contacts together.
If all is ok, and you still cannot program, then it is possible that you have a non-working programming adapter (CCID or Uart). In this case, to make your cards work fast - you can use first another donlge, like Pkey dongle by example, untill you sort it out with your reseller.

regards,
Gobi
hi =i can donwload the new uart drivers...can you help me
i tried from you web buy i cant.thanks

Old 01-14-2009, 03:47   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 105625
Thanks Meter: 44
That happens on about 10-15% of the cards (defective) - have you tried many tornadosims? Or only one?

Old 01-14-2009, 15:07   #5 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 4566
Sonork: 100.112355
Thanks Meter: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy71 View Post
hi =i can donwload the new uart drivers...can you help me
i tried from you web buy i cant.thanks
Check this post for new driver.

Old 01-14-2009, 17:14   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 599037
Thanks Meter: 103
Donate money to this user
i lso felt same problem.. i tried so many sim cards say more than 50 nd same problem.. then sm time it starts to work suddenly and every thing ok but for 99% the problem is faced..