GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > HTC > HTC Android based

HTC Android based General HTC Android phones discussion, firmwares, solution, root, help

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 21:50   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6
Member: 1525085
Status: Offline
Sonork: basel
Thanks Meter: 2

my SN is HT22NV400901 . I tried to rename the extracted rom To HT22IMG.ZIP but the boot-loader didn't recognized it . So I tride PH06IMG.ZIP It did recognized it and asked me if I whant to upgrade ,Is this right ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:14   #17 (permalink)
No Life Poster
 
nasirahmed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: LGE
Posts: 3,950
Member: 57760
Status: Offline
Sonork: 100.1579298
Thanks Meter: 3,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by brotl View Post
the model number of My cha cha is it the SN ? My SN :HT22NV400901
because I put the four digit of my SN but it didn't work ,So I tried PH06IMG.ZIP
the boot-loader recognized it
Does the extracted rom.zip makes my cha cha unrooted and the boot-loader lucked ?
thanx in advance .
I never said about serial number. You should take first four letter from model number. HTC Chacha rom.zip should be renamed as PH06IMG.zip

I'll try to post a full list of names what should be rom.zip renamed to.
  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nasirahmed For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2013, 20:55   #18 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6
Member: 1525085
Status: Offline
Sonork: basel
Thanks Meter: 2
Bro .....
will my cha cha become unrooted ond the boot-loader lucked
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 21:06   #19 (permalink)
No Life Poster
 
nasirahmed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: LGE
Posts: 3,950
Member: 57760
Status: Offline
Sonork: 100.1579298
Thanks Meter: 3,494
It will go back to stock, that means unrooted. And I think you can't go through these steps unless you relock the bootloader.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:13   #20 (permalink)
Freak Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: kumasi
Posts: 152
Member: 1769339
Status: Offline
Sonork: 100.1627057
Thanks Meter: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirahmed View Post
1. Extract rom.zip from an RUU
A. Run the RUU. For example, you want to update your Desire HD with RUU_Ace_Sense30_S_HTC_WWE_3.12.405.1_Radio_12.65.6 0.29_26.14.04.28_M_release_225512_signed.exe. Run this file and wait till extract (you'll see a bar going from left to right) and after that leave it as it is (don't click next or don't close the program)

B. Go to your PC temp folder. For win7 its C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Temp and for winXP its C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Temp and look for the last created folder. Open that.

C.
You'll get a rom.zip file there. Copy it to desktop or other suitable place. Now you can close the RUU program.
2. Rename the rom.zip file
A. You can't directly update the rom.zip file. You've to rename it according to your phone model number. Look for the model number in the serial sticker under battery. For Desire HD its PD98100, for Wildfire S its PG76100 etc. Take first four letter from this model number and then add IMG. So, for example for Desire HD rom.zip should be renamed as PD98IMG.zip and for Wildfire S it should be remaned as PG76IMG.zip

B. Now put this renamed file to a microSD card.
3. Update the ROM
A. Insert the card to microSD slot of the phone.

B. Power on the phone in HBOOT mode with microSD inserted. For most HTC android phones you have to press VolDown then Power to go to HBOOT mode. Wait for a while, phone will read the zip file and will ask you for update confirmaton. Read the screen instruction and press required button.

C. Update will start. Be patient and wait till being finished.
!!! CONGRATULATIONS !!! YOU'VE UPGRADED YOUR PHONE !!!



Common Errors:

* CID Incorrect : means you are trying wrong region ROM. Use correct region ROM or use Gold Card or make your phone superCID first.
* MODEL Incorrect : you're using other phone's ROM. you can't do it.
* Main Version Low : means phone's HBOOT version is higher than the ROM in your SD card. Use same or higher HBOOT rom's or S-OFF you phone.

is glod card required ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:11   #21 (permalink)
No Life Poster
 
nasirahmed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: LGE
Posts: 3,950
Member: 57760
Status: Offline
Sonork: 100.1579298
Thanks Meter: 3,494
When you are using different CID firmware, when your phone is not superCID, you'll need GoldCard.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:17   #22 (permalink)
Freak Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Noida
Age: 31
Posts: 298
Member: 1291309
Status: Offline
Thanks Meter: 52
brother tell me 1st i wanna flash this set htc Exploler

verify that you want to update the room version

Frome :
image virgen 1.43.720.2

To
image vergin 1.17.479.2

so tell me dis vergn file i m uplod so koi risk tho nahi hai na sir
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:20   #23 (permalink)
No Life Poster
 
Rahul_Bhutani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: India
Age: 26
Posts: 7,457
Member: 1713856
Status: Offline
Sonork: Uninstalled
Thanks Meter: 4,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROhan464 View Post
brother tell me 1st i wanna flash this set htc Exploler

verify that you want to update the room version

Frome :
image virgen 1.43.720.2

To
image vergin 1.17.479.2

so tell me dis vergn file i m uplod so koi risk tho nahi hai na sir
don't make double post,i already reply you.
Firmware for all HTC model by .::Mustafa::.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 14:20   #24 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8
Member: 1897538
Status: Offline
Thanks Meter: 0
I have HTC legend , s-on, HBOOT-1.02 and i unlock it on HTC bootloader
and when i install ROM it says:
signature verification failed
installation aborted
could any one help me
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 14:38   #25 (permalink)
No Life Poster
 
nasirahmed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: LGE
Posts: 3,950
Member: 57760
Status: Offline
Sonork: 100.1579298
Thanks Meter: 3,494
Relock bootloader and try again.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 14:50   #26 (permalink)
No Life Poster
 
Rahul_Bhutani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: India
Age: 26
Posts: 7,457
Member: 1713856
Status: Offline
Sonork: Uninstalled
Thanks Meter: 4,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by H_ASA_N View Post
I have HTC legend , s-on, HBOOT-1.02 and i unlock it on HTC bootloader
and when i install ROM it says:
signature verification failed
installation aborted
could any one help me
Quote:
signature verification failed
you are installing custom rom with stock reocovery?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 16:06   #27 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1
Member: 1908437
Status: Offline
Thanks Meter: 0
Drained Battery results in Boot Loop of Death ...HELP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirahmed View Post
1. Extract rom.zip from an RUU
A. Run the RUU. For example, you want to update your Desire HD with RUU_Ace_Sense30_S_HTC_WWE_3.12.405.1_Radio_12.65.6 0.29_26.14.04.28_M_release_225512_signed.exe. Run this file and wait till extract (you'll see a bar going from left to right) and after that leave it as it is (don't click next or don't close the program)

B. Go to your PC temp folder. For win7 its C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Temp and for winXP its C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Temp and look for the last created folder. Open that.

C.
You'll get a rom.zip file there. Copy it to desktop or other suitable place. Now you can close the RUU program.
2. Rename the rom.zip file
A. You can't directly update the rom.zip file. You've to rename it according to your phone model number. Look for the model number in the serial sticker under battery. For Desire HD its PD98100, for Wildfire S its PG76100 etc. Take first four letter from this model number and then add IMG. So, for example for Desire HD rom.zip should be renamed as PD98IMG.zip and for Wildfire S it should be remaned as PG76IMG.zip

B. Now put this renamed file to a microSD card.
3. Update the ROM
A. Insert the card to microSD slot of the phone.

B. Power on the phone in HBOOT mode with microSD inserted. For most HTC android phones you have to press VolDown then Power to go to HBOOT mode. Wait for a while, phone will read the zip file and will ask you for update confirmaton. Read the screen instruction and press required button.

C. Update will start. Be patient and wait till being finished.
!!! CONGRATULATIONS !!! YOU'VE UPGRADED YOUR PHONE !!!



Common Errors:

* CID Incorrect : means you are trying wrong region ROM. Use correct region ROM or use Gold Card or make your phone superCID first.
* MODEL Incorrect : you're using other phone's ROM. you can't do it.
* Main Version Low : means phone's HBOOT version is higher than the ROM in your SD card. Use same or higher HBOOT rom's or S-OFF you phone.
Upon battery approaching 0%, while on a phone call, phone shut down. Immediately inserted charger and tried to start phone.
Phone went into a boot loop and is stuck unless battery is removed.

I am thinking that a ROM Update might do the trick, but I am fuzzy in some areas:
1.) Is a ROM Update Non-Volatile? In other words, will my data both on the SD-Card and on the ROM, remain intact?
2.) Can I do the update without rooting the phone?
3.) Can I do the ROM update using the Update.zip method from the SD-Card?
4.) What are the various PC36 DIAG & IMG files, and how do they play into not being able to turn on the phone
5.) What about the message below, regarding: E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command ?
6.) Do I need to use an RUU?
7.) And most importantly, where do I get the most recent update for my phone, which I suspect is Gingerbread 5.07.651.1 710RD?


Model# PC36100


on the Inside of the phone, on Red Tape - SC-01 - 10/07/2012

UNROOTED, AND NEVER ROOTED


Booted into Android System Recovery (ASR) HBOOT
Ran FastBoot
Went into Recovery Mode
Green Arrows stay on screen.

Upon pressing [Volume Up] and then [Power] , I get:

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

ROM Details

*** Locked (OOW) ***
SUPERSONIC EVT3 SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-2.18.0001
MICROP-041f
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO-2.15.00.01.15
Dec 21, 2011, 12:50:32

SD Checking
Loading PC36DIAG.ZIP
No Image!

Loading PC36DIAG.NHH
No Image or Wrong Image!

Loading PC36IMG.ZIP
No Image!

Loading PC36IMG.NHH
No Image or Wrong Image!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:42   #28 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1
Member: 1982449
Status: Offline
Thanks Meter: 0
I did it to my HTC one V (already installed clockworkmod) but it said no img detected
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 13:22   #29 (permalink)
No Life Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NewYork
Age: 28
Posts: 682
Member: 1900437
Status: Offline
Thanks Meter: 111
Will that work with my HTC Desire S?:? It's just that I am lil bit confused about such things and don't want any mess with my phone. So if someone over here has done that with Desire S, please share the results. Waiting for a reply
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 17:53   #30 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: kolkata (W.B) INDIA
Posts: 37
Member: 1769933
Status: Offline
Sonork: shamimshroff
Thanks Meter: 0
My HTC wild fire a3333 its shows s- on what's mean I don't understn please help set always get restarteda
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:53.



Powered by Searchlight © 2019 Axivo Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
- GSM Hosting Ltd. - 1999-2017 -
Page generated in 0.41506 seconds with 7 queries

SEO by vBSEO