GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > HTC > HTC Android based

HTC Android based General HTC Android phones discussion, firmwares, solution, root, help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 20:35   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 343004
Thanks Meter: 12
Exclamation HTC EVO 3D GSM AND CDMA SIM UNLOCK TUTORIAL (FREE - no codes involved)

HTC EVO 3D GSM AND CDMA SIM UNLOCK TUTORIAL (FREE - no codes involved)
Note: This method is universal and will work despite the HBOOT version
preinstalled
TESTED & SURE WAY

1.) DOWNLOAD NEEDED FILES FROM HERE:
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1h23fnn0n9e033s
2.) Install Google ADB Development drivers (if you don't already have them)
from here:
Code:
http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html
3.) Unlock bootloader by going to htcdev.com/bootloader/ and follow instructions on site (you need to register free account there for access)
4.) Boot phone in bootloader mode (hold VOL down + POWER buttons), select

FASTBOOT option with power button -> now plug in usb cable and you should see FASTBOOT USB on device

5.) Open command prompt in Windows with Admin rights and navigate to C:\Android folder where you should have following files: adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, AdbWinUsbApi.dll, cwm-4.0.1.4-shooteru.img and fastboot.exe

Now type the following command in Cmd:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery cwm-4.0.1.4-shooteru.img
Done!

6.) Turn on phone, turn it off and boot again in bootloader mode, select second option 'Recovery' and press power button to select it -> in recovery use option instal zip update from sdcard and install "Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip" file which needs to be placed in root directory of microSD card. If you get error during install make sure that "Toggle signature verifaction" is set to Disabled state. Try 2-3 times until you see SUCCESS at the end

At this point you have already unlocked bootloader & rooted the device with S-ON security state

7.) Turn on phone, turn it off and before proceeding make sure your battery is at least 75% charged or you will not be able to continue procedure..
Boot phone in bootloader fastboot usb mode again and launch "ControlBear.exe" on PC (use controlbear from GB_WIN folder if you have Gingerbread 2.3 OS or controlbear.exe from ICS_WIN if you have upgraded your phone to ICS 4.0.3 firmware)

During procedure controlbear will ask you to do Wire Trick to achieve S-OFF state
Instructions how to do this go here:
Code:
http://unlimited.io/juopunutbear-public-beta-0-1/instructions/evo-3d-gsm-shooter_u/
When you succeed you will get question to install modified HBOOT (answer with 'y' to install)

8.) Now you need to acquire unique 'config.dat' file to remove SIMLOCK which

needs to be placed at root folder of your microSD card.
To do this go here:
Code:
http://www.sieempi.eu/blog/2011/09/22/universal-sim-unlock-for-s-offed-htc-devices-536
Fill out form at the middle of the page with the following info: E-mail, Phone

Type and IMEI serial and press Send when done. Check your email address and download your config.dat file

9.) Put config.dat to root of your microSD card and in bootloader mode choose option SIMLOCK and install file..

Voila! Your phone is now fully unlocked for free! EnJoY

Please confirm if you were able to unlock your phone aswell with this method

If you have any questions/problems please post here..

Last edited by dekoslav; 08-14-2012 at 20:45.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:17   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 106488
Thanks Meter: 24
upload files please

upload files newly gracias
Old 06-26-2013, 12:25   #3 (permalink)

Member: 1967376
Thanks Meter: 0
Exclamation Immediate inquiry.

Dear everyone I have a number of chinese android phones of different models from Coolpad. some of them are only cdma and some are gsm+cdma. But they are locked to use only in china. I want to unlock their network. Please tell me is it possible or not. If it is possible how can I unlock them? Note that they have different android os like 4.0.4, 4.1 etc. Please help me.
Old 01-10-2014, 19:15   #4 (permalink)

Member: 543818
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekoslav View Post
HTC EVO 3D GSM AND CDMA SIM UNLOCK TUTORIAL (FREE - no codes involved)
Note: This method is universal and will work despite the HBOOT version
preinstalled
TESTED & SURE WAY

Fill out form at the middle of the page with the following info: E-mail, Phone

what is the PHONE TYPE? just evo 3d or pg86130 etc?
Old 01-11-2014, 00:33   #5 (permalink)

i receive an OPEN CID FILE FAIL error during the last step
help please?
Old 01-11-2014, 01:11   #6 (permalink)

I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

i did it, thanks to you, thank you very much, my problem was i bougth a code but my carrier had disabled the sim unlock prompt window in rom, and the stock ruu isnt available from my carrier (it is not a regular evo 3d it is called "inspire 3d" model PG 86130 and it is a somehow different model that no pages around the web seem to even mention.)

well the code i got for 2 dollars so no big loss, plus i learnt a lot doing this. again thank you very much , i even s-off in the first try , i had s-off'ed other htc devices that didnt need the wire trick, so that was a first to me and i did it on first attemp, im very happy.

now that i have unlocked and s-off i migth even throw in some jb rom or something xD

weeeeeeeeee!!!