GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > PalmOS /HP and others

PalmOS /HP and others Palm, Treo, Sony CLIÉ, Tungsten, Zire, Handspring and other Palm Operating System based Devic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2008, 03:23   #1 (permalink)

Member: 765802
Thanks Meter: 0
Centro SMS/TEXT Messages Archived?

Hey Guys.. my Centro is runing out of space, like 8.2 megs left. Eep.
anyways.. parts on it are going a little slow.. i.e. when i open a new text message i recieve. it takes maybe 15 seconds to open the text message and display the text inside it. so.. i'm wondering if that is because of the text messages i have. i've never deleted any.. and i have about 6,000 in my outbox.. I really like having the message archive...

but here's my question on deleting them on my phone
what's going to happen?.. after i delete all the text messages and 'Conversations' on my phone.. when i Sync it. is it going to erase them all on the computer as well?... or is the computer just going to put them right back on the phone?... idealy what i'd like is to have them archived on the computer deleted off the phone when it gets 'big' but have it when its synched after that to just add onto the previous messages, so in turn i can keep one big message archive..

also i know it backs it upto the computer.. how do i access them on my computer... cuz if i'm not able too. is'nt it pointless to back them up there?

.... DevXen
Old 07-26-2008, 06:01   #2 (permalink)

Member: 479766
Thanks Meter: 0
Talking

I saw a program called Treo Desktop. I tried it out for a minute, and I seem to remember it had all my text messages. I'm not sure what you can do with them after that, but I assume you could export them to excel or something for safe keeping. As for your other questions, my GUESS is, if you delete them off the phone then hotsync, they will be gone.

Any way, hopefully someone else will have an idea, but in the meantime check out Treo Desktop. Actually here: (from the site)

Quote:
This project has born from the need to transfer all phone data (call log and SMS) from a Treo or Centro device to a personal computer in readable form. Treodesktop is a desktop application capable of understanding, importing and making available any type of phone data from any PalmOS Treo or Centro smartphone as well as any generic PalmOS device (Lifedrive, Tungsten, Z22, Zire, etc...) running the standard PalmOS Messages application. This software bridges the gap in the Palm Desktop built-in software which only provides a phone data backup, with no possibility of reading and storing the information. Using Treodesktop you can protect your personal data: memorable text conversations or business related information, as well as your whole call log, will not ever be lost.
Get it here: http://www.treodesktop.com/

Hope that helps!!
Old 08-06-2008, 17:00   #3 (permalink)

Member: 518671
Thanks Meter: 3
Not sure if this will help you....

http://www.cs.tufts.edu/~nr/pilot/pdb/

You can find your pbd files in the Palm OS desktop folder w/ your sync name i the "backup folder".

If you just want to save them for back up, you can try NVBackup (open source) to save specific items...I've only used for full system...