GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > PalmOS /HP and others

PalmOS /HP and others Palm, Treo, Sony CLIÉ, Tungsten, Zire, Handspring and other Palm Operating System based Devic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2007, 09:40   #1 (permalink)

Member: 429628
Thanks Meter: 0
Question My Treo 650 keeps on resetting

Please help!

I've been downloading apps from this forum.
And so far, i've downloaded ringopro, volume care, and some games..
my problem is my treo keeps on resetting on its own. it just suddenly turns off and resets all by itself.

please how do i resolve this?

thanks!!!
Old 01-20-2007, 06:12   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 113930
Thanks Meter: 5
hi there ztreobot the problem seems to be the software you've installed on your unit...try doing hard reset or reformating your unit to solve your problem please follow the instructions below:

HARD RESET

Warning: A hard reset will erase everything on your device. All your data will be removed, and formats, preferences and other settings are restored to their factory default settings. Don't perform a hard reset unless you've backed up your data, or you're willing to lose everything.

HotSync note: Some third-party applications change the way your handheld backs up data. Other third-party applications do not back up data. If you have third-party software on your device, please contact the developer to learn what components are backed up during a HotSync operation, and if HotSync conduits are altered. Any data not backed up will be lost.

To perform a hard reset, please follow the instructions below:

Press the Battery Release Door button and slide the battery door down to release it from your device to view the reset hole. The reset hole is located on the groove at the left side of the battery.
Hold down the power (on/off) button on your device. The on/off button is the red phone button on the right side of your keypad.
While holding down the power button, turn over your device so that you can see the back of it. Still holding the power button, use the tip of the stylus or an unfolded paper clip or a similar small object, to gently press the RESET hole once.
Continue pressing the Power button. First the palmOne logo appears with a progress bar, then followed by the circular Palm Powered logo. When the circular Palm Powered logo appears, release the power button.
A message will appear warning that you are about to erase all the data stored on your handheld. In response, press the UP button to complete the hard reset, erasing everything on your device.

Note: Pressing any other button will perform a soft reset, leaving your data intact.

Your device will then take you through a series of screens to calibrate the digitizer and verify the time and date.

Note: A hard reset does not delete the current date and time. It does restore other settings to the factory default.

After performing a Hard Reset do not perform any HotSync operation just yet, but check if the problem still persists. If the problem seems to have been resolved, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps indicated below. If the problem comes up again despite performing a Hard Reset and with no HotSync operation being performed after, then the unit has a hardware problem.

hope it helps :-0
Old 01-20-2007, 13:00   #3 (permalink)

Member: 429628
Thanks Meter: 0
thanks mikes511!
i've tried the hard reset already but i hot sync immediately after...
i'll try hard reset again and will do you suggestion.
thanks thanks!

last question, if the problem is indeed my hardware, what should i next?
Old 01-21-2007, 07:16   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 113930
Thanks Meter: 5
if the problem sto;; persist it may not be the software problem anymore but rather the hardware itself i suggest that if you still have the warranty try emailing Palm Technical Support for the replacement...hope it helps