GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > PalmOS /HP and others

PalmOS /HP and others Palm, Treo, Sony CLIÉ, Tungsten, Zire, Handspring and other Palm Operating System based Devic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 00:08   #1 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 852174
Thanks Meter: 3
Need Help Palm Centro

My girlfriend using card reader copied over some work files to the sd card from her pc.... Then using card reader again cut those file over to other pc.....

now every game that was installed in the sd is no longer there and pictures and video......

But it shows that the card has 300 megs used... How do I get them back for her
Old 09-18-2008, 00:38   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 416272
Thanks Meter: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesone View Post
My girlfriend using card reader copied over some work files to the sd card from her pc.... Then using card reader again cut those file over to other pc.....

now every game that was installed in the sd is no longer there and pictures and video......

If you put the sd card in the pc's card reader, does it show the games, pics and vids still on the card?

RS
Old 09-19-2008, 13:16   #3 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 852174
Thanks Meter: 3
I used the program card reader on th centro.... It doesn't show anything in the palm folder just the default folders and nothing in them... but on the My computer screen I right click on it and it say that 300 megs are used ... Where are they if not I guess I have to reinstall everything again.. I had over 100 palm games in there for her and thats not including LJP with all the roms... That *****
Old 09-19-2008, 15:38   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 453630
Thanks Meter: 1,661
Quote:
I used the program card reader on th centro.... It doesn't show anything in the palm folder just the default folders and nothing in them... but on the My computer screen I right click on it and it say that 300 megs are used ... Where are they if not I guess I have to reinstall everything again.. I had over 100 palm games in there for her and thats not including LJP with all the roms... That *****
that why you use resco backup to sd card you can hard reset or take it to qny phone and full restore that way you have everything as it was on your prvious phone..

lesson learn back-up to sd card very important..
The Following User Says Thank You to saj070 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2008, 23:35   #5 (permalink)

Member: 871745
Thanks Meter: 2
Quote:

I got a similar problem, but I can see the files on my computer, but the phone is not reading them.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:49   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 416272
Thanks Meter: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostman7777 View Post
I got a similar problem, but I can see the files on my computer, but the phone is not reading them.
Here's what I'd suggest:

1. Copy all the files from your card to your computer (into a temporary folder)
2. Have your PDA completely format the card.
3. Copy all your files back onto the card from the computer.

RS