GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > PalmOS /HP and others

PalmOS /HP and others Palm, Treo, Sony CLIÉ, Tungsten, Zire, Handspring and other Palm Operating System based Devic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 04:36   #19396 (permalink)

Member: 836340
Thanks Meter: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtyce View Post
My first suggestion is to uninstall teal desktop and restart your pc.......then reinstall teal desktop.......see if that resolves your problem....
Thanks for the reply.

Still no go.
Uninstalled TD and TealInfo. Turned off memory resident programs on Palm. Did a soft reset on the Palm. Restarted the computer. Went to Palm dir and removed archived and backed up files belonging to TD, including theme and font files. Also checked the sdCard for files. Turned off my security software. Installed TD 1.24. Same problem.

Must be some settings hidden/left behind on internal memory after the uninstall. Any other ideas?

Again, thanks for any help.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:41   #19397 (permalink)

Member: 1046739
Thanks Meter: 3
Just in case it could help someone in the future, I had a problem after a phone crash where treo launcher (i.e. lnchr) started without my wallpaper and without showing the calendar. I could re-enable the wallpaper, but the calendar wouldn't come back. Reinstalling didn't work, but uninstalling then reinstalling worked, and it saved my choice of wallpaper (it loaded automatically when I started the launcher again).

cliffnotes: uninstall then reinstall treo launcher if the calendar won't show up for you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to corwinskrab For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 06-10-2009, 05:44   #19398 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 457382
Sonork: 700p, Centro, Pre, Evo, I
Thanks Meter: 4,365
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblinder View Post
can someone tell me what power run actually does... i tried it and i feel like it didnt do anything

PowerRUN enables applications to be moved from internal memory to a Memory card and enables them to be launched from the Memory Card (Memory Stick,MMC,SD Card ,CF card etc..) as if they resided in internal memory.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:03   #19399 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 926008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtyce View Post
PowerRUN enables applications to be moved from internal memory to a Memory card and enables them to be launched from the Memory Card (Memory Stick,MMC,SD Card ,CF card etc..) as if they resided in internal memory.
thank you much! i now understand
Old 06-10-2009, 06:39   #19400 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 926008
ok well i actually have another question... what is powerreg do?
Old 06-10-2009, 13:27   #19401 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 383590
Thanks Meter: 197
Quote:
ok well i actually have another question... what is powerreg do?
PowerReg scheduler is registration software provided by Leader Technologies to Palm One. Their FAQ at http://www.leadertech.com/?pg=faq#privacy_policy is pretty straight forward and upfront. If don't want to register your Palm you can opt out. Or you can quarantine the software with your anitspyware for 14 days until the .exe expires.

Is this what you were looking for??
Old 06-10-2009, 15:09   #19402 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 718168
Sonork: Treo650 507mhz, Nokia5800
Thanks Meter: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by superwaj View Post
I appreciate the in-depth, personal review.

I have read about some of those things being a problem as well, but you hope that since it is only the 1st generation it will be worked out.

Also, I am thinking that some software developers will come up with stuff to help us make it personalized more like we all are use to with the Treo's and Centro's. I mean I use FastLaunch all the time on my treo where I can just hold a key down and the app opens, so certain things that you are mentioning would definitely irk me.

But maybe give it some time -- I think us palm users have to stand by and hope they figure some of these things out.

Give thanks. Peace and love.
Waj
Superwaj is right. What made me stick to PalmOS so many years (since 1997) was the software. I have a Nokia 5800 it was the first touch phone for the symbian, at first i hated it, now that software is coming out its getting better every time (i carry a palm treo 650 anf nokia 5800). What I mean is (I'm a developer), Palm webOS's best feature is its developer kit, this is were it shines. I will bet that in 2 months from now you will see great apps, its to easy to make Palm WebOS apps. Enovation isn't just hardware (thats were nokia shines) its software too (this is were Apple enovated and PalmOS resisted so long and still has software that no other platform has or so well made, for exemple "textplus"). I think Palm is on the right track, still it could of created a better hardware feature set, but its not bad, but it has one or maybe the best developer kit. Hell its all done on top of a browser, its CSS and HTML and Javascript, also most any kid knows this.
The Following User Says Thank You to r_castro For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2009, 15:13   #19403 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 631598
Thanks Meter: 267
ptunes 5.0 and Audio Gateway problem

Hi all:
I was wondering if someone might be able to help me troubleshoot a problem. I had ptunes 3.09 on my treo 755p and installed Audio Gateway in order to use it with a stereo bluetooth headset. After I installed it everything worked fine for a while but then when I tried to use Audio Gateway again all I would get on my headset and external speaker is a loud squeal. I had to do a soft reset to get rid of the squeal plus Audio Gateway reported an error code of 5. I then installed ptunes 5.0 and had the same problem. I have tried Audio Gateway 1.22 and 1.25 but have the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Surfsup1
Old 06-10-2009, 15:31   #19404 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 718168
Sonork: Treo650 507mhz, Nokia5800
Thanks Meter: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsup1 View Post
Hi all:
I was wondering if someone might be able to help me troubleshoot a problem. I had ptunes 3.09 on my treo 755p and installed Audio Gateway in order to use it with a stereo bluetooth headset. After I installed it everything worked fine for a while but then when I tried to use Audio Gateway again all I would get on my headset and external speaker is a loud squeal. I had to do a soft reset to get rid of the squeal plus Audio Gateway reported an error code of 5. I then installed ptunes 5.0 and had the same problem. I have tried Audio Gateway 1.22 and 1.25 but have the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Surfsup1
Yep that happen to me too. I went back to pockettunes 4.07 and gateway 1.22. I gave up.
The Following User Says Thank You to r_castro For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2009, 16:11   #19405 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 631598
Thanks Meter: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_castro View Post
Yep that happen to me too. I went back to pockettunes 4.07 and gateway 1.22. I gave up.
r_castro:
Would you have ptunes 4.07 available for me to download. I think I will try that. I did read on softick's web site that the problem could be with another app running in the background, such as MUH etc. I will try disabling MUH and see if it resolves the problem. I'll let you know.
Old 06-10-2009, 16:12   #19406 (permalink)

Member: 832371
Thanks Meter: 2
Quote:
thank you much! i now understand
I use linkstart pro which does the same thing as power run. Which one is better? I believe that Linkstart Pro has more options then PowerRun.
The Following User Says Thank You to dblzro For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2009, 17:32   #19407 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 854528
Thanks Meter: 28
Please Repost Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiphius75 View Post
Time for another little contribution. All of the previously posted copies of ZipCAD|Pro on this forum seem to still have nag screens/ require registration (also, even the ones with just nag screens are still only the limited demo version, not surprising given its 400-someodd dollar pricetag). Plus, the only two real CAD programs out there for Palm OS, Estalo CAD and ZipCAD are aimed more at architects than at general CAD design. So I present to you Leonardo: a full-featured, space efficient vector drawing/general CAD application!

More Info Here: http://www.leonardo.wirejunkie.com/index

Download Link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/24022116...1.1.6.zip.html

Please repost the download link as the max download limit has been reached! THANKS!!
Old 06-10-2009, 17:44   #19408 (permalink)

Member: 1011995
Thanks Meter: 0
Hi Im trying to get the registration code for take phone. If anyone can help me, the serial # is: 8914-60D0-0A11. I has no Sync name.

Than you in advance.
Old 06-10-2009, 17:51   #19409 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblzro View Post
I use linkstart pro which does the same thing as power run. Which one is better? I believe that Linkstart Pro has more options then PowerRun.
I have tried both. But as you say, LinkStart Pro has more options than PowerRun, so I prefer it.
Old 06-10-2009, 17:55   #19410 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by noeliazoe View Post
Hi Im trying to get the registration code for take phone. If anyone can help me, the serial # is: 8914-60D0-0A11. I has no Sync name.

Than you in advance.
You don't have a Sync ID ??? Are you sure? How do you intend to install this software? Maybe you can use MultiUserHack to create and use some ID???