GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > BlackBerry (RIM)

BlackBerry (RIM) Blackberry phones discussion, firmwares, tutorial, media, repairs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 19:14   #46 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 85718
Thanks Meter: 449
Donate money to this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by noty81 View Post
does it work on 9700 bold ??
i try every step showed here but the result still the same .. ask me to type passcode when i connect it to pc... !! why ?? help needed !!
Did you solved this problem ? i have one piece 9700 to test.
Old 09-19-2010, 20:50   #47 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 315165
Thanks Meter: 6
on the phone,enter code 10times incorrectly then u get wipe handeld then change security code, and then u can connect to pc.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:14   #48 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 282066
Sonork: 100.1590696
Thanks Meter: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishlove View Post
on the phone,enter code 10times incorrectly then u get wipe handeld then change security code, and then u can connect to pc.
no need to write new password only after wipe when ask new pas sward connect set with cable and run desktop manger and press application loader .......applications will start reading and mobile screen will show 2 ways connecting icon now press back button from phone you will see a policy message in background the new password box.....that's done ....now power off phone and now you can use phone with out emergency call error and with out any password
Old 07-07-2011, 01:39   #49 (permalink)

Member: 1611351
Thanks Meter: 0
i am using vista, cant find any regedit with path shown help with vist info please

any help with vista, need to remove it policy on 8700. 4.2 software, did wipe and reloaded software. still no sms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::.::RAMJAN::.:: View Post
you need to remove IT policy , here is the working solution how to remove IT policy tested by me many times

Go to your Options : Security >> Security Options (the same page where you can enable/disable passwords) & scroll to the bottom. If there's an IT policy attached, it will be mentioned there. Remove the IT policy using these instructions

Procedure
Step 1 : Ensure the Blackberry Desktop Manager is installed using Blackberry Internet Service, and not Blackberry Enterprise Server. If you are unsure, it would probably be a good idea to uninstall the Desktop Manager and start again. If you don't have the CD that came with your Blackberry, the Software can be downloaded here.

Step 2 : Download the file policy.bin and save it in your Blackberry installation directory (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry).

Step 3 : Wipe your Blackberry, creating a backup if necessary. Select Options/Security/Wipe on the Device. If this option is unavailable, you may have to install the latest software on your Blackberry. You need to Download and install the latest OS for your device. Connect your device, open the Desktop Manager, select Application Loader, and follow the prompts.

Step 4 : Close the Desktop Manager if it is open.

Step 5 : From the Windows XP Start Menu select Run..., and at the prompt type regedit. In the tree on the left hand side, navigate to:

HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager

Right-Click the Policy Manager Folder and select New/String Value. Name the value Path. Now, Double-Click the Path Subkey and set Value Data to:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin

Step 6 : Open the Desktop Manager.

Step 7 : Connect the Device. Verification Once complete, the Options/Security screen on your Blackberry should not contain references to an IT Policy, you should now be able to change all settings (including password prompts), and install Third Party Applications.

Things should be back to ok

BEST REGARDS
::.::RAMJAN::.::@TRUST_GSM™
Old 07-08-2011, 18:07   #50 (permalink)

Member: 1611351
it removal instruction dont match my file location or regedit paths

I am using blackberry desktop on vista and BB version number is 6.1.0.35
when i run regedit the path for policy manager is not there.

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop
is the path were desktop is installed.

can i still use the policy bin file or is there a dll file i need to place in modules. i ask this because i see a dll file for policys.

my blackberry is 8700c. it was on a enterprise server before. I have wiped and reloaded old version and lasted version. still cant get ride of it policy.
cant get sms opitons. can you help?

Quote:
you need to remove IT policy , here is the working solution how to remove IT policy tested by me many times

Go to your Options : Security >> Security Options (the same page where you can enable/disable passwords) & scroll to the bottom. If there's an IT policy attached, it will be mentioned there. Remove the IT policy using these instructions

Procedure
Step 1 : Ensure the Blackberry Desktop Manager is installed using Blackberry Internet Service, and not Blackberry Enterprise Server. If you are unsure, it would probably be a good idea to uninstall the Desktop Manager and start again. If you don't have the CD that came with your Blackberry, the Software can be downloaded here.

Step 2 : Download the file policy.bin and save it in your Blackberry installation directory (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry).

Step 3 : Wipe your Blackberry, creating a backup if necessary. Select Options/Security/Wipe on the Device. If this option is unavailable, you may have to install the latest software on your Blackberry. You need to Download and install the latest OS for your device. Connect your device, open the Desktop Manager, select Application Loader, and follow the prompts.

Step 5 : From the Windows XP Start Menu select Run..., and at the prompt type regedit. In the tree on the left hand side, navigate to:

Right-Click the Policy Manager Folder and select New/String Value. Name the value Path. Now, Double-Click the Path Subkey and set Value Data to:

Step 7 : Connect the Device. Verification Once complete, the Options/Security screen on your Blackberry should not contain references to an IT Policy, you should now be able to change all settings (including password prompts), and install Third Party Applications.

BEST REGARDS
Old 09-24-2011, 12:21   #51 (permalink)

Member: 1660817
No effect on the BB

[QUOTE=::.::RAMJAN::.::;3496786]you need to remove IT policy , here is the working solution how to remove IT policy tested by me many times

Hi,Thank you for this tuto but it doesn't work with my BB 8820 ver 4.5.0.69
BB Desktop Software is not installed in the default directory but I changed commands and path according to that. My XP pro Register doesn't containHKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager but I created it :
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager]
"Path"="P:\\Program files\\BlackBerry\\policy.bin"

The double anti-slash "\\" in path seems to be ok, I got the same in other path. They only appear when RegEdit export keys, noting like this in the original keys.
I connect my BB, launch BB Desktop Sofware, enter code as asked. 30s later connection is established but old policy is still present and active.
Any idea ?
Old 09-24-2011, 12:27   #52 (permalink)

Member: 1660817
Hi,

Use letter instead of digit.
ex : pin is 0123
code expeted : 0zer
Remember when you change your code on phone, it printed letters as you enter numbers.
Old 11-07-2011, 16:09   #53 (permalink)

Member: 1685116
still not :(

Quote:

Procedure

BEST REGARDS
Hi, I have a Bold 9780 and i can't launch blackberry messenger, so i decided to follow your instructions BUT:
I did exactly how you said and i don't see Policy manager which suposed to be here : HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager

Please help me

Thanks for reading this
Yvano
Old 10-17-2012, 10:47   #54 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 541724
Sonork: 100.1604043
Thanks Meter: 73
What is JL_Cmder?
JL_Cmder stands for JavaLoader Commander. JavaLoader is a command line tool provided by BlackBerry. JL_Cmder simplifies accessing the most commonly used JavaLoader commands.

Update 10/14/2011: v1.9.4
Whats new in v1.9.4?
Updated JavaLoader.exe file so it works with OS 7 devices.
NOTE: This is most likely the last update to JL_Cmder as the next handheld OS is supposed to be BBX.

Update 11/21/2010: v1.9.3
Whats new in v1.9.3?
Now works with Windows 7 and on 64bit OS.
Fixed verbage on a couple of screens.
Updated JavaLoader.exe.
No functionality changes.
Fixed 1.9.2 install issue.

Update 11/20/2010: v1.9.2
Whats new in v1.9.2?
Now works with Windows 7 and on 64bit OS.
Fixed verbage on a couple of screens.
Updated JavaLoader.exe.
No functionality changes.

Are there any system requirements?
Yes. You must install BlackBerry Desktop Manager or BlackBerry USB and Modem Drivers. Both are available from the BlackBerry website.

What can JL_Cmder do?
Below is a brief overview of the available commands.
deviceinfo - Displays information about the handheld.
eventlog - Retrives and displays the handheld event log.
screenshot - Takes a picture of the handheld screen. (OS 4.0.2+ required)
wipe - Erases the handheld OS. Not really, but that is the simpleist way to explain it. After using the "wipe" command the device will be completely inoperative until the OS is reinstalled. (Error 507 will be displayed on the device)
resettofactory - Removes the IT Policy from the device and wipes the device of personal data while leaving the OS installed and usable. (OS 4.3+ required).
NOTE: If you want to use an unlisted JavaLoader command select Command-Line Usage from the menu. This will display JavaLoader help information including syntax and all available commands.

Installation Instructions
Download JL_Cmder.
Extract executable.
Double-click on executable.
Vista Users: Right-click on executable and select Run As Administrator.
NOTE: Do NOT use JL_Cmder to "wipe" your device if you are just wanting to wipe your personal data from the device and leave it as it was out of the box. If you use the "wipe handheld" option in JL_Cmder your device will be rendered useless (Error 507) until you reload the entire OS. If you just want to wipe your personal data but leave the OS you can use the "wipe handheld" in the Options >Security Options >General Settings Menu on your device or, if your device has OS 4.3 or higher, use the "resettofactory" command in JL_Cmder. The only difference between the "wipe handheld" in the Security Options on the device and "resettofactory" in JL_Cmder is that "resettofactory" also removes the IT policy on 4.3 and higher OS devices.

Do NOT use JL_Cmder to wipe your device if your device is working fine and are simply attempting to upgrade your OS and you can't get the OS to load or be recognized by Desktop Manager or Loader.exe. Doing so will most likely render your device useless until you find the root cause of why the OS will not load to the device. Generally, this is caused by not deleting the vendor.xml file(s) or USB issues with the PC.
Old 05-14-2013, 15:51   #55 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1713576
Sonork: 160290
Thanks Meter: 5
it policy

Quote:

Procedure

BEST REGARDS

it didnt work for 8310
Old 01-24-2015, 19:03   #56 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 2112019
Thanks Meter: 8
Ravi Sharma

Quote:

Procedure

BEST REGARDS
Sir this solution is only win xp ? My pc in win7