GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > BlackBerry (RIM)

BlackBerry (RIM) Blackberry phones discussion, firmwares, tutorial, media, repairs.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 21:15   #1 (permalink)

Member: 684159
Thanks Meter: 0
BB9000 Red led and no PIN: need help

Continous rebooting BB9000:

When powered the red LED comes on and stays on for a while. After some time LED switches off and I can see "BlackBerry" on the screen under a good light source, the backlight is not switched on.
This keeps repeating all the time.

Connected to the PC the BB9000 is recognized in device manager as a RIM Smart Phone as long the LED is on. If the LED is off the device disappears from the device manager of the PC.

After reading a lot (spend almost the whole day today...) I know now that the BB is rebooting all the time. Also found some solutions to try to recover the device.

Using JL_cmder did not solve anything.
Tried the trick posted here with apploader and pressing "next" as soon the device is shown as "USB-PIN: unknown". At least this did something what looks like communication with the device...

I can go up to the Finish button and start the download of JVM.
This completes and then automatically the download of the System Software is started. This also completes without any errors. Then the device tries to initialize (the battery is in the device by this time) and reboots again... and again and again.

Apploader will give an error that it can not connect to the device and I have the option to retry or cancel. As you already guessed, retry does not work.

Any other idea's to get this device alive again?
All help is appreciated.
Old 12-01-2010, 22:15   #2 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 1442513
Thanks Meter: 2
Have you tried Stealth reloading the OS? Download the latest OS for your phone on the blackberry website (make sure its offical - not leaked) - removed the Vendor.XML from the main folder of AppLoader (you probably know the drill).

- Plug the phone into your computer
- Open AppLoader and press Next so that you see the PIN
- Pull Battery AND cable out of the device
- Put the battery back in and plug the cable in and wait for the PIN to appear
- The second you see the PIN appear click Next
*AppLoader will read your device*
- Core OS 5.0.xxxx Should appear
- Keep clicking next until the OS reloads

If this doesn't work it could be a problem with the hardware, but this solves 90% of my Blackberry repair problems when it comes to software errors.

Hope that helps,
BerryCurver
Old 12-02-2010, 11:15   #3 (permalink)

Member: 371952
Thanks Meter: 1
Have same problem with Msmax,already try to reflash,but same.When powered the red LED comes on and stays on for a while. After some time LED switches off and I can see "BlackBerry" on the screen under a good light source,but just loading till e alphabet and it's restart again.

Have other solution ?
Old 12-02-2010, 13:15   #4 (permalink)

Member: 1457445
Sonork: valdhan
Thanks Meter: 1
so..i've same problem....
Old 12-02-2010, 13:20   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 198847
Thanks Meter: 109
Donate money to this user
Read
20. How do I Recover a Dead BlackBerry ?

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f489...phones-560789/
Old 12-02-2010, 15:35   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for your reply.

The device is read by the loader. It also downloads the OS. After the OS has been downloaded the decive will reboot and the loader is waiting for the finalisation of the initialisation of the BB. However, the BB never finalises the initialisation as it keeps rebooting. I can see the text "Blackberry" on the dark LCD and also the bar which should be filled during this process but never doesand the BB restarts again.
Old 12-02-2010, 16:33   #7 (permalink)

Little step further...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petyo View Post
Read
20. How do I Recover a Dead BlackBerry ?

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f489...phones-560789/
I had tried this loader /NOJVM command before posting without any change in result.

Today I created a BAT file with these commands because I was tired typing the sama again and again.
I put in the battery connected the USB cable and just double clicked my BAT file. Loader started and red the usual NO PIN, pressed next and loaded the files as usual.

But... when the BB restarts I see a battery icon now with an orange lightening sign in it. This is only visible the first time it restarts. The second time it is gone...

When I start my bat file again the same result is displayed (battery symbol first time only) except that the device now seems to have a pin number!!! Yippe Yee!!! At least some progress..

Thanks for pointing me again to this post.

PS. For people asking about the bat file:
This is nothing special just the command line command as showed in the post referred by Petyo pasted in a text file with .bat extension. It is not the magic trick which did get the pin back of the BB.
Old 12-03-2010, 00:14   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 896483
Thanks Meter: 95
specially for bold if this mess happen only mfi can solve your problem, if failed, then hardware problem bro
Old 12-03-2010, 01:50   #9 (permalink)

Member: 111457
Thanks Meter: 967
use MFI to solve that problem, if not solved then check hardware.

br
Old 12-03-2010, 15:56   #10 (permalink)

Thanks guys for your help.

Is MFI the same as MMI?
Will try to find it and download. Hopefully it will get me some further.

Meanwhile I lost the pin when trying to flash it again with Apploader.